( search forums )
Making the game better!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
B1indZ3R0
December 18, 2005, 9:31 pm
Lately ive been experimenting with the gostek images for the soldat character. Ive improved the camoflages for the game a it literally makes your guy blend in with the surroundings on the map depending on the color you have chosen. But what i really wanted to suggest for the game was a way where you can make several different camoflages "uniforms" and while you played the game you can switch them when ever you felt like it. I mean it would put a whole different strategy to the game cuss then you can hide from the enemy very quickly in matter of seconds. I figure the next versio nshould jump to number 2 because the game needs new things. I mean the latest release 1.3.1 is ok because theres new maps or what ever, but if a newer version should be made... newer weapons should be included, newer game play strategies, maybe even include missions and newer interfaces. But i mean that would be alot for one person to do...

Saint-Cross
December 18, 2005, 11:40 pm
Custom nterfaces are for registered members, unless you use a mod that overwrites the default interface.Missions have probably been suggested already, so have new weapons.Really, I don't think there's any need for new weapons since there's one gun for every type of fire. Even a flamethrower and bow.Switching outfits in game might be difficult, and only used for deathmatch which really has no strategy except shoot,kill,reload,repeat.By the time 2.0 is released, the game might be completely finished.

B1indZ3R0
December 19, 2005, 2:06 am
The game will never be finished in my opinion, because first off theres always somethign new you could add on. Im thinkin if the versions continue, micheal should start workin on something new like missions, were u just complete objectives, to either win new items or w/e. As for the camoflages, well i was thinkin that just by pressing certain numbers above the moving controls it would switch the camoflages, it would make it easy and convenient. Another idea i thought of is instead of using red or blue or what ever for a team color, you could make up your own uniform or color... that be cool, so then the camoflage thing wouldnt just apply to deathmatches it would to any team match game. So i unno ive made my own camoflages and newer weapons... there soo coool... so once i upload it to a server... you can try them out.

Saint-Cross
December 19, 2005, 2:15 am
YOu can already make your own uniform colors, go into your soldat config and enable clan amtch.

B1indZ3R0
December 19, 2005, 5:52 am
Oh ok yeh i c that. thx

rabidhamster
December 19, 2005, 9:09 am
quote:Originally posted by B1indZ3R0The game will never be finished in my opinion...michal said he would be done wih soldat in a few years :P

BUT, he said he might make it open source, so who knows? maybe a really good programmer who understands what michal was aiming for will step in.

firebug80
December 20, 2005, 5:12 pm
ya that would b sweet for the camo