( search forums )
I need the Eagles version history.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - 1.3.1 related complaints and/or whining -NO BUGS-
- Tek -
December 19, 2005, 1:20 am
Weren'y they a tad bit stronger back in 1.2.1? Then they were slightly reduced in 1.3 and on right?

I just remember in 1.2.1 being able to kill people in 2-3 shots. Now it seems to take a few more. Also, when I try those WM servers that feature 1.2.1 stats, the deagles have about 16% more damage. Were they really reduced?

To me it seems to take more skill with them now, total accuracy for pwnage, certainly not a noob gun. Plus lag and mouse problems will often throw me off, so that's why im asking.

I don't suppose this is a serious complaint, I've been willing to adpat with them, and trying harder. But I do miss the ol' spammable deagles, lol.

Deleted User
December 19, 2005, 1:43 am
In 1.2.1, they were indeed much stronger. People were so skilled with the powerful buggers they call it the Deagle Era, but Deagles are up to comparison with every other extremely strong gun, I wont bother listing how. Anyways, deagles killed in 2 shots if you made 2 head shots. They killed in 3 if you didnt make 2. The lag was back then too, but people never noticed because it often took 3 shots to kill, and the lag prevented them from having a 3rd head shot straight.

In 1.3, the deagles were nerfed, but due to their weak power and the lag issues, it seemed to take 4-5 shots to kill because the effects of the lag were more evident when it took longer to kill. Hope that answers.

Deleted User
December 19, 2005, 1:58 am
Here's how they were in 1.2.1(taken from weapons121.ini)
quote:[Desert Eagles]
Damage=210
FireInterval=22
Ammo=7
ReloadTime=90
Speed=190
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=7
MovementAcc=1

Here's how they are now(taken from weapons.ini)
Damage=176
FireInterval=23
Ammo=7
ReloadTime=103
Speed=190
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

- Tek -
December 19, 2005, 2:01 am
Thanks.

That bink though, that's harsh.

Deleted User
December 19, 2005, 2:07 am
Woah, I never noticed the bink change. Thats definetly uncalled for...

Deleted User
December 19, 2005, 2:33 am
quote:Originally posted by SwazoHere's how they were in 1.2.1(taken from weapons121.ini)
Damage=210
FireInterval=22
Ammo=7
ReloadTime=90
Speed=190
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=7
MovementAcc=1

Here's how they are now(taken from weapons.ini)
Damage=176
FireInterval=23
Ammo=7
ReloadTime=103
Speed=190
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

The very reason I have refrained from using Deagles ever since 1.3! I think the bink should be pumped back up to 7, 8, or even 9 to satisfy the blood-thirsty Deagle users.

- Tek -
December 19, 2005, 2:34 am
Yeah its almost like they turned them into dual socoms!

peemonkey
December 19, 2005, 2:40 am
i liked it best when it was 1 deagle :D 1.05 ftw

rabidhamster
December 19, 2005, 6:33 am
^i remeber that :P yeah there was something magical about having an ordinary pistol as a primary.

- Tek -
December 20, 2005, 5:49 am
Now its seems in dm the only way I can win is to prey on the wounded and spawn kill with deagles.

Bottom line is its just harder, and I got to deal with it, or hope michal changes it in the next version. But I must vent my RAGE somehow, with complaing like a bith on the forums... MORE PRACTICE

Also zero bink is good.

I've heard all these stories about bink. Bink just variates you shots right? Like when I fired the old deagles several times in the same diraction, they would vary a bit. Now they hit the same spot over and over, no variation. This is good.

Unless I'm wrong.

Deleted User
December 20, 2005, 6:23 am
Deagles in 1.2.1 could EASILY counter/take on rugers. Like [CENSORED]...

Deagles vs 1 Ruger
Ruger hits
Deagles hits
Ruger Delay
Deagles hits
Ruger misses
Deagles misses
Ruger delay
Deagles kills.

Deagles vs Steyr
Deagles hits
Steyr hits (5 shots)
Deagles hits
Steyr hits (5 shots)
Deagles misses
Steyr slightly misses (2 shots)
Deagles kills

Deagles vs AK
Deagles hits
AK hits (2)
Deagles hits
AK slightly misses (1)
Deagles kills

- Tek -
December 20, 2005, 8:16 am
plus in 1.21, the multitiude of enemies you could kill per each reload. You could almost get a triple kill. ALso when most people gett fired upon they lose their concentration and spray.

edak
December 20, 2005, 8:20 am
peemonkey, wouldn't one deagle still mean 2x eagles???? I remember one eagle.

Krieg
December 20, 2005, 12:25 pm
they should have thier dmg taken down a bit more like 8% or make thier delay longer, OR make it a single deagle so it can be like a stronger 7 shot socom. and in 1.2.1 a deagle could kill somebody in 1 shot, 1.3 it can kill somebody in 2-3 shots.

person
December 20, 2005, 2:59 pm
You'd have to have been more than very lucky to get a 1-shot kill with the deagles in 1.2.1... most were either 2 shots or the occaisional 3 shots. And 99% of deagle kills in 1.3.1 are 3 shots.

I think they are very good in this version. As people have said, 1.3.1 is the most balanced version yet... every weapon is ok.

- Tek -
December 21, 2005, 5:38 am
deagle can mean desert eagle. not always dual eagle.

And yes they are still useable, you just need the right focus and good mouse. Spew showed me they aren't that bad when he tried them. He was at the top of his game too, so you just need the right stuff.

ArmadonRK
December 21, 2005, 9:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by edakpeemonkey, wouldn't one deagle still mean 2x eagles???? I remember one eagle.

Deagle is short for Desert Eagle, not Dual Eagles. One deagle is correct. :)