( search forums )
Why does everyone hate ctf_Kampf?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Keron Cyst
December 19, 2005, 3:40 am
I'm thinking of making a remake of that map, or something like it. Fil in what you think makes ctf_Kampf sucks (tho' I have no clue why; I think it pwnz) so I can be sure to catch those in the redone version.

shoover
December 19, 2005, 3:59 am
Well, the 4 camping spots? Maybe that little top zigzag path right in the blues corner.

I think its ok

Deleted User
December 19, 2005, 4:04 am
unbalanced bases perhaps.

Deleted User
December 19, 2005, 4:13 am
I like CTF_kampf

always did always will, nice in your face action, and its not immpossible to cap, dont it myself many many times

Deleted User
December 19, 2005, 4:13 am
Yeah, I would like a mirrored version of Kampf as well. Godspeed, Keron. =)

mike323
December 19, 2005, 4:30 am
Agreed. I don't hate Kampf, but yeah the red base is unbalanced because you can just hurl nades down, but in the blu its not that easy.

reckon
December 19, 2005, 4:44 am
Id like to see the flag areas moved to the top.

UGK
December 19, 2005, 4:53 am
It actually does own. Well at least it does in R/S. Although Alpha has rushing side, Bravo has the camping side, but it's not that useful if you are not skilled at the barret.

frogboy
December 19, 2005, 5:11 am
One word: spray.

The Geologist
December 19, 2005, 6:03 am
Kampf killed my father and raped my mother.

Soulsnipa
December 19, 2005, 6:05 am
theres about 500000 remakes.

AerialAssault
December 19, 2005, 7:22 am
Well, I think its [CENSORED].

karmazon
December 19, 2005, 9:44 am
because it is sucks

Deleted User
December 19, 2005, 1:09 pm
To be honest, I really HATE Kampf. People either use only m79s and by doing so turn the game into some WWI. 'who has strongest atrillery, eh?' remake or spray like hell.

I can't even remember when I really enjoyed playing on Kampf.. but yeah, I don't play on gathers, just publics ( I know I'm stupid but I just don't understand the system .. if anyone could be so kind and explain it to me via pm, I'd be most grateful :p )

Aquarius
December 19, 2005, 2:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by frogboyOne word: spray.

ThaD
December 19, 2005, 5:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by Psychounbalanced bases perhaps.

yup blue have the advantage

Keron Cyst
December 19, 2005, 5:51 pm
@reckon: done before you even posted that B-) That was the first thing I did when I drew up the blueprint (move the bases to the TOP corners, not the bottom).
@Soulsnipa: but have there been any remakes that actually tried to make it better and not just different? ;-D

Spraying... hm... you mean over the center hill? I'll see what can be done about that (probably just a thin BOB polygon column).

lithium
December 19, 2005, 8:00 pm
Leave my Kampf alone, Kampf is my fav CTF map. Personally I think it's actually really well balanced. Neither side is a "rushing side" or a "camping side", I actually find it easier to rush from Bravo spawn, and the way the bases are situated makes it pretty well balanced. But...if you were to improve it, I would suggest only that the sudden dropoff on blue side by the statgun be sloped a bit.

?
December 19, 2005, 8:16 pm
I love that map, but its perfect for camping, the flags are friggin hard to get, its harder get get out of the red base then the blue base, people spray alot, and the fact that there is nothing inbetween the bases make me mad, if anyone makes it out of the base they are basicly home free.

Deleted User
December 19, 2005, 8:25 pm
Ctf_Kampf is probably one of my favorite maps, it is small but open. Although, the bases are a little uneven and blues side can get annoying with a barreter on every ledge.

wormdundee
December 19, 2005, 8:43 pm
I absolutely kampf, and trying to say that one side has an advantage is crap, I've seen so many different opinions, and I've heard many people say both that bravo has an advantage, and an equal number of people have said that alpha has an advantage.

Obviously, that just ain't true.

Personally I like it that it's so friggin hard to get out of the flag area, but once you get out, it's not that hard to make it.

Deleted User
December 19, 2005, 8:48 pm
I really enjoy playing on Kampf, except for when people throw 12 grenades at me as I grab their flag. That part is annoying.

The only map I dislike is B2b. That map is horrendously boring.

_Mancer_
December 19, 2005, 9:54 pm
- Unbalanced Bases
- Spray inclined
- Annoying triangle like polygon that forces you to touch the ground where people just spray and drop nades
- In the blue base when you go up, theres some weird way to get up where you have to go left, right and left again, and people just drop nades on that anyway so its usless to go up
- Spawn points are poorly placed, they arent close enough to the walls so when you spawn and start running, you miss a jump and just fall and it slows you down, also on the ground you spawn behind this annoying poly.
- Its almost impossible to get the flag without spawnkilling at least 2-3 times.

Meh, thats all I can think of.

mustafa
December 20, 2005, 7:26 pm
One side has better advantages and it generally sucks, too.

Raptor
December 21, 2005, 2:31 am
I (personally) don't like ctf_Kampf since it is a camper's hive (the camping spots) and it is kind of unbalanced (red team has the advantage)

Deleted User
December 23, 2005, 4:23 am
i like kampf :)
no prob with spray, and i don't notice much of a prob with balance :P
its a great map online...
and for some reason, my team ends up winning(unless there 3+ our amount of guys)

Jello
December 25, 2005, 3:06 am
In Kampf, nades are practically a primary. It's absolutely ridiculus. On servers with a reasonable nade limit, like 3 or 2, things are a bit more bearable. But with a 4+ nade limit and a large server, you might as well be running through a minefield with the number of live nades just sitting on the ground, as well as the ones being tossed at you. Especially in the bases. Thats the problem with having the flags at a low point.