( search forums )
Game Mode Hostage Rescue
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
LUNATIC COW
December 19, 2005, 4:43 am
This is a suggestion for a new game mode that would be SIMILAR to infiltration.

Red team would attempt to rescue either a civilian or fellow soldier POW from inside the blue base, forest camp, whatever. Then, the red team would have to bring the hostage to either a landing zone with a helo waiting, a jeep for extraction, or to the edge of the ocean for boat extraction. Either way, the map would look something like this:

redspawn...............hostage........lz,jeep,boat

or rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise or clock wise for buildings, caves, etc.

In INF when a player carrying the flag crosses their own flag, the score is marked. In HR (hostage Rescue), crossing an LZ, jeep, or boat would signify scoring.

There would be multiple hostages, depending on the map, and a player can only have one hostage follow at a time. Game is over after a certain amount of time, after blue scores points by holding hostages for long enough, or when red rescues all hostages.

Perhaps after a red player rescues a hostage, the hostage would follow the player instead of the player carrying him like a flag. Also, if the red player is killed and a blue is returning the hostage, he will have to physically bring the person back instead of just having it "teleport" back.

-or-

The red player could fireman carry the hostage and use either no weapon or secondary only. Same for blue, except blue would return the hostage.

Some possible maps are:

School house (children to swat truck on other side of school)
Vietnam Junge Base (bring to jeep)
Office building (LZ on roof)
Office building (bring to jeep outside, red spawns on roof)
Island Hopper (small islands with water in between, bring to boat on other side)

Suggestions? Need clearifications? It's late, i'm not thinking straight.

Captain Ben
December 19, 2005, 11:56 am
Just as long as the hostages are bots and can't be killed immediately by the team holding them.

LUNATIC COW
December 19, 2005, 12:43 pm
Of course. As in inf when blue gains points for keeping the flag in their possessions, they would slowly "kill" a hostage (gain points) as time passes. Let's say there are 10 hostages, 100 points possible that blue can gain. After the first 20 points is gained by blue a hostages dies, then 10 point intervals after that. The final one is 5 points from the previous.

LUNATIC COW
December 20, 2005, 9:34 pm
I'm suprised it sunk this fasat

rabidhamster
December 21, 2005, 1:31 am
^use ze edit button.

i don't think anyone wanted to tell you that vehicles would never be implemented into soldat.
not a bad idea though.

Captain Ben
December 21, 2005, 5:10 am
I don't think he means vehicles as in 'yeah, cars! Let's drive!' I think he means as in extraction points. For example, getting kids out of a burning orphanage into the truck (the safety point).

Outer God
December 21, 2005, 9:06 am
sounds pretty good, but it reminds me of infiltration for some reason. only difference are the type of maps needed to suit the gameplay and the goal being ppl rather than a flag. i do like it, but it should have more to it than that, since it shares the same basic principle as in infiltration:

Team A
------
find target
retrieve target
bring target to specified destination

Team B
------
defend target at all cost
if necessary, retrieve target

Havok
December 21, 2005, 9:12 am
Hmm i can add this gametype in soldat 3d to nice idea but aint hostage rescue from counter-strike ? but like the idea ill add it into soldat 3d when im almost done ill just code it in the game it will be great game just like the 2d version

LUNATIC COW
December 21, 2005, 12:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenI don't think he means vehicles as in 'yeah, cars! Let's drive!' I think he means as in extraction points. For example, getting kids out of a burning orphanage into the truck (the safety point).

Exactly. Just as in CTF and INF where you run the opponents flag over yours to score, you would run the hostages over the truck, chopper, or boat. It's just where you'd score

Havok
December 21, 2005, 12:57 pm
you mean when it's near the the chopper or truck or rescue point but it's good idea.

LUNATIC COW
December 21, 2005, 1:30 pm
What is this Soldat 3d you speak of? Link me.

Havok
December 21, 2005, 1:55 pm
Well im making the 3d version of soldat game it's going to be hard cause it's going to be 1st person action what i need to do is keep things as it is now.
Maybe some stuff will be different in the gameplay maybe not sure but maybe not the efc :(
But ill try to get it in the game but not sure yet it will take long time.

LUNATIC COW
December 21, 2005, 2:22 pm
If it's a 3d FPS, how will it be anything like Soldat?

Havok
December 21, 2005, 3:37 pm
Well look what it has in the game now.
Than see what can there be in 3d.
Than make the stuff.

If seen a game years ago it was a first person shooter and it had some kind of EFC to so but ill try to make it look as much as possible like the old soldat like the gfx just tell me what i need to make gfx like in half life 2 or just keep the gfx we have in soldat 2d only make them 3d and bigger.

If you have idea's for the game tell me ill just put them in the game if i like them and michal needs to approve to cause soldat was his idea.

LUNATIC COW
December 21, 2005, 3:54 pm
Ok, ok. Back on topic. PM me if you want to discuss it more.

Havok
December 21, 2005, 5:26 pm
roger ...

I like the idea it's good idea i allready like the hostage rescue gametype in counter-strike so i say add it in.
But michal has to decide

Arklenao2
December 22, 2005, 3:16 am
hopefully it wouldnt be as big as a flop as ..say, hold the flag.

Deleted User
December 22, 2005, 3:43 am
This idea= already suggested and shot down.

LUNATIC COW
December 22, 2005, 3:45 am
Link?

nfsjunkie91
December 26, 2005, 2:53 am
i think this would be a good game mode, and maybe ppl will start playing it and htf if more ppl who complain about htf being a flop did servers for them. also i think that the hostage should be a ragdoll that has both of it's hands attached to your shoulders, that would look cool. :D i support this!

Lolly
December 27, 2005, 5:09 am
On topic: As much as I love counterstrike, it doesn't seem to fit with Soldat.

Off topic: First person FTW, Soldat 3d should be Third person. What program are you using to make this? If it's GameMaker, I can help :D.

Deleted User
December 27, 2005, 3:36 pm
Infiltration Is very similar to this.

Snipedmyself
December 27, 2005, 9:09 pm
as fun and cs rip off as this sounds i dont think itll go over good.

this is already waaay to close to a game mode called infiltration. you can move the flags around for fun, try it sometime. changes the game. and if anything resembling a vehicle were added people would wanna control them and blah blah blah