( search forums )
(moved) wrong solution for the barret...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - 1.3.1 related complaints and/or whining -NO BUGS-
matapatos
December 19, 2005, 2:29 pm
the solution you found for the barret is not good. I've to say that. I'm the kind of guy that prefers realistic mod, and so i dont like to see soldats runing and flying all over the place with the barret shooting and hiting the objective with precision. Snipers only have precision because you can focus. if you try to use a barret in real life, like you use another gun(without aiming, or whatever), it wont be acurate(besides,it's heavy).

i cant stay quiet when i see the barret being destroyed...besides, i can still barretard very easilly.i just need to run to the front, and if i see an enemy coming,i just press the button a bit earlier.

The solution found to the barret wont end the barretards....it will only end wih the real snipers.

The solution is very simple, actually. When people walk with the gun, and fire,or are flying, the shot must be extremly inacurate. when they arent moving, the shot is acurate.(and like seted up versions ago, if you crouch your line of sight expands, and if you prone it gets even bigger).

Dont destroy the barret plz :(. i want the snipers. just make shots inacurate when moving with it! plz! it's the best solution! the delay is ruining the barret!

Saint-Cross
December 19, 2005, 3:10 pm
And give them very low jet fuel when they use it, so they aren't tempted to escape by air or sneak by air, since it's rally heavy.

Chakra`
December 19, 2005, 3:55 pm
Your post makes no sense guv.

You can't stay quiet while barret is being destroyed, yet you say it's not being destroyed, and it's still piss easy to use....but please don't destroy it, even though they didn't. But they did. Right?

The Geologist
December 19, 2005, 7:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by matapatosblah blah blah blah blah blah barret is not good. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah .

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah the barret being destroyed...besides, i can still barretard very easilly.i just need to run to the front, and if i see an enemy coming,i just press the button a bit earlier.

The solution found to the barret wont end the barretards....it will only end wih the real snipers.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Dont destroy the barret plz :(. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah the delay is ruining the barret!

This is honestly all I saw when I read through your post. Why this is in the general discssions I have no clue..there's really nothing to discuss. You say your method is the best, and I believe something similar was proposed and tested in earlier versions. Why then are there plenty of people who have no problem with the delay and, as should be done, use it as a sniper weapon instead of running around like idiots carrying a cannon in their hands?

You contradict yourself quite a bit, so it's a little harder to understand if you actually have a problem or not. You even say you can still "barretard", so where's the issue? And do you mean you have a problem running around with the barret and shooting people point blank? It so, I have no pity for you. The delay is meant to help get rid of such barret use in favor of camping. Now, if you feel the delay is doing nothing to prevent people from running and barreting, then say that! But there's a large difference between an ineffective solution and one that is ruining a weapon.

Deleted User
December 19, 2005, 8:48 pm
First off, it did end the barretards, as everyone has switched to M79 now.

Secondly, the whole "move and barret becomes inaccurate" thing has been implemented since 1.2.

Good job, pro.

Krieg
December 20, 2005, 12:28 pm
think of it this way, long range weapons: law = 1 shot kill, barret = 1 shot kill, now they both have delay. so what if you get a kill 1 second later? its not longer depending on the luck that some barretarders have. also i only used to use the barret to poly. now in australian servers there's only like 5 barreters in the whole of australia when there used to be 500

mustafa
December 22, 2005, 12:45 am
Just remove the knife, law and barret, because with the current configs, they seriously suck imho and are just useless spam on the weapons list.

F@NTOM
December 22, 2005, 6:30 am
quote:Originally posted by mustafaJust remove the knife, law and barret, because with the current configs, they seriously suck imho and are just useless spam on the weapons list.

Go get some [CENSORED]ing skill!!!1

schenardie
December 22, 2005, 11:45 am
Just one thing to say

You people destroyed Barret cause u dont know play with it....

i chanlange anyone to 1x with me on 1.3 to see how good i am without these noob delay...

MisterX
December 22, 2005, 3:32 pm
If you are so damn good with Barret, you'll also get used to the delay. Why not use the delay as an indicator for skill? In 1.3 the Barret was pretty easy, so you didn't need to be very good in Soldat to be good with the Barret. Now just take this as a challenge if you want to prove that you are skilled.
The Barret wasn't ruined, it's still pretty effective.

Just get used to it!