( search forums )
DM_Fracas - Following the bullet-time trend
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Keron Cyst
December 19, 2005, 7:29 pm
quote:Dictionary.com:
A noisy, disorderly fight or quarrel; a brawl.

Very small map; if you stand in a corner you can already almost see the entire playing field. I'm fond of crouching and Minigunning in the bottom-left corner :-P

Overhead and in-game images: http://m00.laughingllamas.com/fileupload/store/NewFracas.jpg
Download link: [URL]

My first publicly released map (second opening made above SG and waypoints adjusted accordingly at 11:59, GMT-8; version 2. I think I edited it too soon for anyone to have the previous version). Have phun :-D

I think this will be my style of mapping; since I can never get polygon-shading very radical I'll only make small maps (not necessarily BT, but nonetheless miniature) :-)

EDIT One wypt. added, as of 1:33 PM (GMT-8).

rabidhamster
December 19, 2005, 9:41 pm
good gameplay, but there could be more contrast on the shading.

Deleted User
December 19, 2005, 11:24 pm
tex-stretch

Keron Cyst
December 19, 2005, 11:46 pm
Bah, it's a mini-map. Sceneries are more important than polygons here.

Deleted User
December 19, 2005, 11:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystBah, it's a mini-map. Sceneries are more important than polygons here.

I disagree.

Keron Cyst
December 19, 2005, 11:59 pm
Well, I, I... I made the polygon vertices close to the left pit greenish! See, see? There's something! The ground is dirt-colored as it should be, overlaps the metal (which is a bit darker at the bottom if you pay enough attention), which has a bright, almost snow-like top!

... ;-|

numgun
December 20, 2005, 10:07 am
cool! a bullet-time complex.

KeFear
December 20, 2005, 10:29 am
well, the concept is nice, and i like the layout, but yeah, you could use some more shading, for the ground at least, to make it more 3D. You used some tree for that, but it just looks silly now with that :) If you perhaps made the trees bigger which are "lower" on the hill, it would look better. But it still looks like if they were groving from a vertical wall.

I like that glass-thing anyway.

Keron Cyst
December 20, 2005, 7:43 pm
lol

Yeah, I didn't really get the perspective right. When ( not "if" ;-) ) I make 3D maps in the future I'll try to correct that angle.

- Tek -
December 21, 2005, 6:02 am
I hope someone makes a matrix inspired one. With all the green code textures and junk.

Bloody hell, why don't I make one!? These are small and easy, I don't even have to figure out a intricute floor plan, just a box.

Does anyone know the exact proximity BT takes place in?

Deleted User
December 21, 2005, 12:57 pm
Nice map. I like thosi lil cute maps.
d\l

Keron Cyst
December 21, 2005, 10:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by - Tek -... Does anyone know the exact proximity BT takes place in?

You mean so that it occurs 100% of the time? I don't know about that (a very small squeeze I'm sure), but I know it occurs at least 75% of all kills in a map where you can see the entire level from a corner of it in-game.

Deleted User
December 21, 2005, 11:14 pm
the area* of the screen you can see, i think...

KeFear
December 21, 2005, 11:27 pm
i think BT occurs when all players are on each others screen-of-view.