( search forums )
xbox360 is this year's hottest....
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
karmazon
December 20, 2005, 3:42 am
http://www.hiptechblog.com/2005/12/15/i-never-knew-a-xbox-360-picture-could-be-art/

peemonkey
December 20, 2005, 4:03 am
people are stupid. happened with that psp thing too, people with all this money and no intellegence, it's a [CENSORED]in shame

wormdundee
December 20, 2005, 4:06 am
There was also a guy who bought a homemade Xbox360 BOX on ebay for 411$. Yes not just a box, a freakin homemade one.

peemonkey
December 20, 2005, 4:39 am
worm dont know how a sig works :D

Deleted User
December 20, 2005, 5:29 am
[IMAGE]

DAMMM thats eh new picture of it and it looks kick ass. ^_^

AND WTF THESE ARE THERE SCEEN SHOT HOLY MOTHER OF NUFF PANDA

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

ant to top it off

CPU

Cell Processor
PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
1 VMX vector unit per core
512KB L2 cache
7 x SPE @3.2GHz
7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy
total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

GPU

RSX @550MHz
1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

Sound

Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell- base processing)

Memory

256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

System Bandwidth

Main RAM 25.6GB/s
VRAM 22.4GB/s
RSX 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)
SB< 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)

System Floating Point Performance

2 TFLOPS

Storage

Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1

I/O

USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)
Memory Stick standard/Duo, PRO x 1
SD standard/mini x 1
CompactFlash (Type I, II) x 1

Communication

Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)
Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

Controller

Bluetooth (up to 7)
USB 2.0 (wired)
Wi-Fi (PSP)
Network (over IP)

AV Output

Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
HDMI: HDMI out x 2
Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1
Digital audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1

Disc Media

CD PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)
DVD: PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW
Blu-ray Disc: PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

BLUE FREAKIN RAY

peemonkey
December 20, 2005, 5:50 am
< guns

rabidhamster
December 20, 2005, 6:13 am
jebushunter, nfl 2k6 looks like crap in reality, that was pre-rendered.

Captain Ben
December 20, 2005, 12:50 pm
Fanboy.

December 20, 2005, 1:46 pm
anti- fanboy

papasurf31
December 20, 2005, 3:15 pm
nfl 2k6 LOL!

EA bought the rights to the NFL franchise for the next few years, so 2k games, take 2 interactive, and sega won't be making any footbal games any time soon, especially not in 2006. Unless you mean Madden 2006, in which case you are still a n00b.

Melba
December 20, 2005, 4:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by jebushunter
AND WTF THESE ARE THERE SCEEN SHOT HOLY MOTHER OF NUFF PANDA

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Those are from the in-game intro videos...

wormdundee
December 20, 2005, 5:23 pm
jebushunter, any possible screenshots that they show you will be pre-rendered videos of images of "target" graphics

remember killzone?

Source
December 20, 2005, 6:27 pm
quote:[IMAGE]
thats not what its gonna look like...

[IMAGE]

that is

Deleted User
December 20, 2005, 7:24 pm
BANANA

Deleted User
December 20, 2005, 10:36 pm
Nuh UH! You're NOT s'post to eat it! You put it on yur head an turn 'nto
MAGNETO

Zero72
December 21, 2005, 12:29 am
MAGNET...O.

Deleted User
December 21, 2005, 12:55 am
SHAZAM

DeLarge
December 21, 2005, 1:05 am
ZING.

wormdundee
December 21, 2005, 2:19 am
Ok what the [CENSORED], who's the signature nazi.

As far as I know my signature pic was off by 2 goddamn pixels, seriously, get a life.

karmazon
December 21, 2005, 2:25 am
it was distracting me from posts

Deleted User
December 21, 2005, 4:19 am
quote:Originally posted by Sourcequote:[IMAGE]
thats not what its gonna look like...

[IMAGE]

that is

eeehh that what i thought it would look like but maybe the black case that looks kickass will be an case option

i dont really like the sleek new age look

Captain Ben
December 21, 2005, 4:38 am
RAAARGH! IPOD INDUCED!

frogboy
December 21, 2005, 4:43 am
The upside of the new controller is if you get angry and throw it it'll come back.

Deleted User
December 21, 2005, 12:19 pm
jebus where the [CENSORED] did you get that ps3 pic? silly goose, i'm just gonna get a ps3 for I-8 and killzone, they both look awesome

Deleted User
December 22, 2005, 9:20 am
eh its a sony pic lol so im hoping it will be an option or somthingit looks kickass

GAMEOVER
December 22, 2005, 10:36 am
PS3 = kids

360 = older teens adult

xbox will forever by the console ill play with just way better games and way more original content not to mention better developers for games.

frogboy
December 22, 2005, 11:00 am
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERnot to mention better developers for games.
Like Microsoft? EA? Bungie? Hahahahahaha.

Captain Ben
December 22, 2005, 11:49 am
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERPS3 = kids

360 = older teens adult

Revolution = The definition of manliness

vash763
December 24, 2005, 5:36 pm
NINTENDO FTW

actually I havn't had a console since my xbox

Aegis
December 25, 2005, 6:05 am

360 = older teens adult

xbox will forever by the console ill play with just way better games and way more original content not to mention better developers for games.

360 = most dismal video game console release ever.
Teehee.

Swebonny
December 25, 2005, 2:17 pm
No all of ur pixs ARE FAKE!!

And beside i got the pic of ps4!! I promise XD Not FAKE!!
AND the Controll wont return if you throw it!!111

[IMAGE]

BATMAN
December 25, 2005, 3:49 pm
WOW THAT DRAWING IS ALMOST AS GHEY AS CAPTAIN_PLANET

frogboy
December 25, 2005, 11:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by Aegis360 = most dismal video game console release ever.
Teehee.
Dreamcast.

Deleted User
December 26, 2005, 8:31 pm
Don't even start, Dreamcast rocked they just didnt make hardly any good games for it. It was weird because it was after the playstation but before the ps2/xbox.

Rambo_6
December 26, 2005, 11:39 pm
RAAARGH! COCAINE INDUCED!

wormdundee
December 27, 2005, 12:14 am
I can't see where you're comin' from saying thre PS3 is for kids. The vast majority of PS2 games are T or M, how is that for kids?

If you want crap, look for the Revolution, it's gonna be the console that kills Nintendo.
I'll be right, just remember this prediction!

Deleted User
December 27, 2005, 3:37 am
*sigh*

Read all of the spec sheets on XBox 360. PS3 kicks XBox 360 ass. If you dont even know what each and every aspect of the PS/XBox's hardware means and does, you dont deserve an opinion kthx. The GPU in the PS3 is 550Mhz, Xbox is only 500Mhz. Not only that, but the PS3 uses XDR and GDDR3 RAM... the XBox 360 only has GDDR3 and DRAM. And Nvidia pwns ATI, PS3 use Nvidia, Xbox uses ATI. And the PS3 has Gigabit ethernet, Xbox has megabit ^_^. And the PS3 has x7 wireless, Xbox has x4.

gg

frogboy
December 27, 2005, 4:23 am
Yeah, because incredible hardware automatically makes good gameplay.

Rambo_6
December 27, 2005, 4:58 am
I have to agree. Most of the launch titles for the Xbox 360 seem weak. They raped and killed Perfect Dark :(

Deleted User
December 27, 2005, 6:47 am

360 = older teens adult

haharr fanboy.

I have a PS2 and I agree Xbox is better. has the world gone mad? :O

anyway I might buy ps3 when that time comes. dont have the $ for a 360

Cookie.
December 27, 2005, 7:21 am
quote:Originally posted by wormdundeeI can't see where you're comin' from saying thre PS3 is for kids. The vast majority of PS2 games are T or M, how is that for kids?

If you want crap, look for the Revolution, it's gonna be the console that kills Nintendo.

YOU CAN'T KILL MARIO!!! >:|

GAMEOVER
December 31, 2005, 5:17 am
Enesce, the ps3 might edge the 360 in hardware by VERY little the content is what will matter and the 360 is geared toward a more hardcore gamer like me.

Although I dont care for microsoft so much as a company Sony has nothing on microsofts devlopers and give sony 10 years if that before they are either dead on the console scene or baught out they wont be able to keep up with microsoft not ever.

Aegis
December 31, 2005, 7:18 am
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVEREnesce, the ps3 might edge the 360 in hardware by VERY little the content is what will matter and the 360 is geared toward a more hardcore gamer like me.

Although I dont care for microsoft so much as a company Sony has nothing on microsofts devlopers and give sony 10 years if that before they are either dead on the console scene or baught out they wont be able to keep up with microsoft not ever.

Why dont you marry it!
360 and PS3 aren't 'geared' toward any specific audience. They're 'geared' to run games, which is the real point. The audience attracted to each console depends on the games released for the console, and if you haven't noticed about 80-90% of the games present on both Sony and Microsoft consoles were/are/will be available for both.

Personally myself, I dont give a crap as at some point I will own both a 360 and a PS3 once all the defects have been removed and proably a steady price drop.

karmazonpl
December 31, 2005, 7:40 am
They're geared toward making money

Aegis
December 31, 2005, 11:31 am
quote:Originally posted by karmazonplThey're geared toward making money

Thank you.

Rhombus
December 31, 2005, 1:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by wormdundee

not true... due to fanboys, nintendo keeps going on...

AerialAssault
December 31, 2005, 7:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by EnEsCe

Nvidia pwns ATI
o rly?

frogboy
December 31, 2005, 11:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVEREnesce, the ps3 might edge the 360 in hardware by VERY little the content is what will matter and the 360 is geared toward a more hardcore gamer like me.
Yes. On the 360 you have titles such as:
- FIFA
- NBA Live
- NBA 2006
- Madden NFL 06
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- NHL 2006
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06

Maxx
December 31, 2005, 11:27 pm
eww...

rabidhamster
January 1, 2006, 6:53 am
i dont really give a flying fook about which console will pwn the other, i'm a pc lover for life.

nfsjunkie91
January 1, 2006, 10:10 am
i love teh porsche, pre render or not, there's jsut something about cars...

Captain Ben
January 1, 2006, 1:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by Rhombusquote:Originally posted by wormdundee

not true... due to fanboys, nintendo keeps going on...

I agree.

ANyway, statistic from somewhere show that the amount of gamers (where the survey was aimed), hasn't really changed since the debut of the NES (on all consoles, not just the big N). Pretty much, gamers buy more than one console to help them out in their gaming. But how many gamers are able to afford an XBOX 360 and a PS3? They both cost quite a pretty penny, and this is where Nintendo WILL STRIKE! The Revolution, as said by developers, has the power of 1 and 3/4 of an XBOX (as said by revolution developers with dev kits). Nintendo has always been open about their products being relatively well priced, so for most multi-console gamers, there's more of a chance of a Revolution being under an American television, nestled beside an XBOX 360 or PS3.

By the way, the other day, I ws looking at an Asian electronics shop, and I had the luck of running into a C64 for the moderate price of AU$30 (If you want the American cost, just halve it). It included a keyboard console, two controllers, a mouse, a gun and two catridges: one with console games, the other with mouse and keyboard orientated material. Aside from the mouse being abmismal, some keys sticking into the keyboard and one control having a button permanently held down (all fixed now) and all of the wires being outrageously short, I have Duck Hunt and Super Mario Brothers in all of their retro glory (along with another 12 fun 8-bit games)! And once I'm all Duckhunted and Super Mario Brothered out, I can go and get more games for the console at only AU $3 each!

Deleted User
January 1, 2006, 4:10 pm
i just found out i came to canada in a box

person
January 5, 2006, 5:22 pm
Who said that MS has more/better developers? lmao. Sony has the backing of all the Japanese companies, ie: Capcom, Konami, et. Devil May Cry, MGS, Ace Combat, and so many other exclusives on Sony consoles offer more than just the paltry "Halo/2" for Xbox. Sorry what other games are exclusive for MS that anyone gives a shit about?

Sony also has great in-house studios, producing games like God of War, Gran Turismo, Shadow of the Colossus... it goes on. So basically we're seeing that the PS3 will trump the 360 in terms of both games and hardware. 'nuff said.

MS may have a better system for online content which makes things better for developers to include online content, but if the games released on PS3 are done well, the experience could be rivaled. In any case I am unsure if going online is worth it; as I did so with Xbox and I found that it was really, really, really not worth it (and basically, shit). Being in Australia means I mainly play those from the US even in optimatch, meaning huge pings which sucks.

and sorry if this is considered bumping an old thread... think 4 days is ok.

I own both a PS2 and an Xbox (and a gc too), so I aren't really biased, I'm just going by the facts. And yes as pointed out, I reckon the Revolution will have a place beside the other 'next gen' consoles. It's going to be a lot different in terms of what it actually offers to the player, and the thing about that is it should be offering a really great experience too.

Deleted User
January 5, 2006, 7:29 pm
I feel as though people these days only cares about graphics more than gameplay...

?
January 5, 2006, 8:43 pm
to be honest I think its stupid for people to buy a 360 for the graphics, cause everything they see on tv is made to looks better then it is and in the stores that have 360 demos they have these like $1000 flat screen hd tvs, which is a big part of the graphics, its just like a computer, if you have a game with awsome graphics and a 2mb graphics card your not gonna get what you though you would... same deal then again I hated the first xbox anyway :P

GAMEOVER
January 5, 2006, 11:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by frogboyquote:Originally posted by GAMEOVEREnesce, the ps3 might edge the 360 in hardware by VERY little the content is what will matter and the 360 is geared toward a more hardcore gamer like me.
Yes. On the 360 you have titles such as:
- FIFA
- NBA Live
- NBA 2006
- Madden NFL 06
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- NHL 2006
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06

No im not a sports game fan I prefer bad ass console games like Morrowind, Fable, or Jade Empire.. RPG games that Sony will NEVER be able to compete with. Go play 2 of the 3 game mentioned above and beat them no way will Sony EVER land those developers and have them make exclusive games for their consoles. Lets face it, The best games as of now are played on a PC. The most popular digital entertainment OS is XP which is made by Microsoft I could go on and on about how easy it is for Microsoft to reel in the big boy developers but if you have 2 brain cells I think you see my point.