( search forums )
Soldat Lobby Chat
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
CrazyKid980
December 20, 2005, 3:29 pm
I'm not completely sure that no one suggested this idea yet, so don't sue :P

I was thinking that since some games have chat servers, why not Soldat? Like you can IM to other online players, when your not on a server. Make chat servers, with passwords, buddy lists, etc., etc.; I Think it would be quite useful. Example, like right before a clanmatch, you can talk out stragities before you start the fight. What do you think?

Deleted User
December 21, 2005, 12:49 am
It would be a neat little addition. Good idea, although im not exactly sure on the work involved. Regardless of work, it wouldnt hurt at all.

DeLarge
December 21, 2005, 1:08 am
No offense, but it would be complex. You can't fit a member list, nor anything what a chat cilent has. This letter isn't like a "This idea sucks" style okay?

I am not against or supporting this idea.

- Tek -
December 21, 2005, 5:56 am
I feel the afkers will rise and waste all the bandwidth, lol.

If they aren't playing, they'd jsut sit in the lobby.

Kaider
December 21, 2005, 6:54 am
I think there should just be a chat box if you are in the lobby. Nothing like buddy lists or IMing or anything.

Saint-Cross
December 22, 2005, 3:00 pm
Perhaps only registered members got a buddy list, or lobby chat immunity.Anyone who hasn't posted for 7 minutes gets booted from the lobby chat?

Vanana
December 25, 2005, 11:16 pm
yea for registered players only...(im not registered :(...)

still, would be cool

Lolly
December 27, 2005, 5:02 am
<3 this idea

How about having your soldat nick be your "screen name" in the chat! Then, the names could work like they do ingame, (e.g. if there are two people with the same name, one person gets a (1) added).

This would avoid any major coding.

EDIT: Registered users could have their little star, too :D

Deleted User
December 27, 2005, 10:41 am
Naah ... would be stubid.Soldat is war game not a ladys chat club!

I don't like it!

( , )Y( , )

bond_james_bond
December 27, 2005, 3:07 pm
People could start their own chat channels or chatrooms? Would be an advantage for clans too

CrazyKid980
December 28, 2005, 6:28 am
quote:Originally posted by Zipp0Naah ... would be stubid.Soldat is war game not a ladys chat club!

I don't like it!

( , )Y( , )

True, but its also a game of stragety. And stragety is quite a nessicity to win in soldat. Like I said before about the clanmacth example, it'll really help to refresh your head at the last second with plans before the match. And besides, the society of soldat would get to know each other better, and start to make clans, and stuff.

DeLarge
December 28, 2005, 7:46 am
Still, it's quite useless to install a messaging feature in the Lobby Server.

Snipedmyself
December 31, 2005, 6:50 pm
there's already many chat programs out there. and te problem with chatting lobbies is stalkers. spammers, spam bots... all that comes along with putting a chat room anywhere.

CrazyKid980
January 2, 2006, 2:24 am
Well, there could be an "ignore" command, or a mpsl kicker (Message Per Second Limit). Would solve all those spamming problems.

rabidhamster
January 2, 2006, 6:19 am
how about just keep it simple and add an mirc tab to soldat? to the left of the exit tab, or to the right of the join game one. as lolly said, your name in an irc channel would show up as your soldat nick. r/s servers could be set up much more quickly, and in addition, after a long hard round of ctf, you could just chat for a bit and be human for a while before going back to fragging. all of this without minimizing soldat.

Deleted User
March 19, 2006, 4:59 pm
How did this one die out? this is a freaking awsome idea, and i belive there should be a buddy list thats something soldat NEEDS! in my opionen, i know it would be hard, because nothing really would stay consitante, peoples Ip change, thier name changes, but still i think it would be awsome, or at least an online list that was built into soldat

bja888
March 19, 2006, 7:23 pm
A lot of people love soldat because it takes very little to run it. A chat of any type will take more resources than most are willing to use in order to start the game.
Not only that, I guarantee it will be spammed

HYPERFUNKBOT
March 19, 2006, 7:36 pm
Just make it IRC.

EzStEvIe2k2
March 22, 2006, 3:09 am
Yes, It would be a good idea, we can have 2 small buttons at side that says Servers and Lobby and so u can go to the lobby or go to the servers to play. We can also make it have a buddylist and other stuff, like /f m is to talk to all your buddies and /w (name) to talk to a certain person and /f l to find out where all your buddies are and if there on or offline./find (name) to find someone. /clan to view all members in clan and if their on or offline. This is a good idea because soldat is almost the only online game with no chat room.

/f m
/f l
/w
/find
/clan