( search forums )
lobby listing problems or just me??
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server discussion
snivlingwimp
December 20, 2005, 5:48 pm
snivlingwimp (A.K.A. the 'Pink Smurf'
If this subject has been discussed point me to the thread.. I didn't find one so am starting this one...

First off let me say YES>> I INSTALLED THE LATEST SERVER UPDATE (and am running 1.3.1)

I am scratching my head on the fact that when I host a server it sometimes (usually) doesn't show on my lobby list (it does initially but disappears within a short time)... also others too... sometimes when I refresh the lobby list multiple times (usually not) I see servers that were not there before but clearly have been there a while since people are on the server (the ARK server lots fof times for example)... sometimes even though I can't see my server in the lobby others do join so maybe THEY see it... (I use the built in soldat lobby list, should I consider another alternative lobby lister and if so what are the options??? ASE (all seeing eye)

I have my filters set to realistic/survivor/ no bots/ not passworded .... when I take the 'not passworded' off it helps find some more servers.. some of them are not passworded but then they should have shown up before i took the not passworded box off...I take al the filters off and get gazzillions of games but not the realistc suvivals that I prefer

any thoughts?? Iis this happening to anyone else??? Is this why the realistic survival community seems to have **poof** dissapeared???

addendum: I show that people are attempting to join (requesting game) but don't get in (again.. I can't find on the soldat lobby lister but must be there since people trying to get in) .. I have antivirus software turned off (way off) .. is it the fact I set the ping kick to 350??? I don't think that would keep people out initially
:(

Ranzear
December 21, 2005, 2:16 am
I seem to be having a schizoid problem with the join port going to 60xxx numbers, when I'd rather it stay at 23073 because I have my NAT putting it and 23083 through...

Arklenao2
December 22, 2005, 3:32 am
Yeah, all the time the map name colum says my server name, but after a few people join, everything works out right. I have to turn off no bot option or refresh serverlist many times before i can see my server. When no one joins the server, it just disappears off the list like it was never there. I dont know whats going on :( Sometimes the server turns off allowdownload all by itself too :(
Oh yeah, Smurf, were you allowed into IO server with your in game name? ;)

FliesLikeABrick
December 22, 2005, 4:11 am
quote:Originally posted by RanzearI seem to be having a schizoid problem with the join port going to 60xxx numbers, when I'd rather it stay at 23073 because I have my NAT putting it and 23083 through...

this is because those servers don't have their firewalls configured properly, and it tries to get around it.

snivlingwimp
December 22, 2005, 2:09 pm
snivlingwimp (A.K.A. Pink Smurf)
I left the server up last night and NONE of the people who 'requested game' got in! Whats the use of hosting???

Anyone knkow why they couldn't get in??? the only thing I can think of is my antivirus (mcaffee) software running... but I have observed same problem when I turn it all off....

Yukwunhang
December 22, 2005, 2:30 pm
Are you behind a router? Make sure you turn off ALL the firewall, including the one come with Windows.