( search forums )
W...T...F
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Norris Scott
December 20, 2005, 9:17 pm
Alright, so I was playing in Leo's Realistic CTF server (Me, You B*tch!), and we'd JUST started a new map. Well, about five minutes in or so someone goes "Wtf reaper? Your score", prompting me to hit F1.

What I got was a faceful of this:

[IMAGE]

Five minutes in, what the hell just happened. Is that like, a new type of hack to ensure that you always get 1st? Or like, was it just a glitch?

I mean that's a pretty specific number too, lol.

edak
December 20, 2005, 10:02 pm
Its a hack as far as i know, I have seen it before. However, I can't 100% confirm that its not a glitch either. The person who is named 'cracked soldat' should have been banned though, I hate those people, I paid $$.

Soldat Mod Mixer [URL]

DeLarge
December 20, 2005, 11:01 pm
Norris Scott, what's your player name on the list?

CrazyKid980
December 20, 2005, 11:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeLargeNorris Scott, what's your player name on the list?

He said its "Me you B*itch"

That's really strange, I would think of it as a hack, I've never seen it happen before.

Jenkins
December 21, 2005, 12:10 am
Well well well. Me you Bi*ch and Edak. Two friends in the one topic. No it is not a hack but is a glitch, as far as i know. I have never hacked in my entire soldating life and the exact same thing happened to me, my score was exactly the same as that. Unfortunatly i cannot remeber the name of the server, but it definatly wasn't Leos. Another bloke came on and the same thing happened to him. So i don't know, but in my case it wasn't a hack.

Unlucky 13
December 21, 2005, 12:30 am
I've seen it, and I say it isn't too rare, I've seen it quite a few times myself. 65535 is the largest number that can be stored in a 16-bit variable (probably variable is not the right word, read that up a while ago, so...), thats why the number is so specific, it can't store a number any higher (at least for all I know). I think it's a glitch, considering I've seen a few friends with it I'm prety certain don't hack, but you never know...

Jenkins
December 21, 2005, 12:45 am
Uulucky thirteen, you probably don't reneber me. But i took you on in a DM. So i know most of the people on this topic!

_Mancer_
December 21, 2005, 12:58 am
Wow.. I cant beleive nobody answered this correctly yet.

This is one of the very very common bugs in soldat. Just re-enter the server, its a bug.

Jenkins
December 21, 2005, 1:05 am
Thank you mancer.
Finally someone knows, but someone with over 1000 posts would have to know wouldn't they?

Raptor
December 21, 2005, 1:18 am
^But then why Unlucky 13 didn's answer it, if he has more posts than Mancer?

Jenkins
December 21, 2005, 1:33 am
Raptor you are definaltly on the ball!
You got me.

DragonSlayer
December 21, 2005, 3:06 am
Reading this topic made me laugh out really loud. :p

As Mancer said, this is a VERY common bug in Soldat.

karmazon
December 21, 2005, 3:14 am
I love the name of the last guy on the list

Norris Scott
December 21, 2005, 5:45 am
I feel stupid now if that's a common bug... I've been playing Soldat for two years or so now and I've never seen it D:

Freaked me out when I saw it though-- just like the /mercy blood glitch did the first time I saw it, lol

Cookie.
December 23, 2005, 5:11 am
quote:Originally posted by karmazonI love the name of the last guy on the list

Rofl :P

Its also funny because your score is 1 and 4 :D

- Tek -
December 24, 2005, 1:11 am
although, in ctf only the team points matter, and even with the hax on blue you still got owned.

santa
December 24, 2005, 5:20 am
its probably a hack....but thats alot of points..

gibownyzall
December 30, 2005, 9:56 pm
wudnt it of finished the game? and whats this /mercy blood glitch you speak of?

Norris Scott
December 31, 2005, 6:00 pm
My score was 1 and 4 because like I said, we'd just started the map and most of my time was spent defending the flagger XD

Both sides would get the flag and our offense would beat their defense, we'd get the flag back, cap and repeat. It happened pretty fast, because yeah... five minutes in and there were 2 caps on our side.

As far as the /mercy bug, you basically type it and then before you kill yourself switch weapons. From there on out any time you fire a fountain of blood will spew from your Soldat's body. Works best with chainsaws.

Ken the Great
December 31, 2005, 7:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by santaits probably a hack....but thats alot of points..

as said, it's a glitch..
have seen that myself couple of times, just re-enter the game and it will be fine.. also that the ARSSE bot gives the same amount of points and deaths to people in spectator..

Deleted User
December 31, 2005, 11:00 pm
taht also happend to me, ive posted a topic about that

DeLarge
January 1, 2006, 11:09 am
Well, that's occasionally.

gibownyzall
January 1, 2006, 11:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by Norris ScottMy score was 1 and 4 because like I said, we'd just started the map and most of my time was spent defending the flagger XD

Both sides would get the flag and our offense would beat their defense, we'd get the flag back, cap and repeat. It happened pretty fast, because yeah... five minutes in and there were 2 caps on our side.

As far as the /mercy bug, you basically type it and then before you kill yourself switch weapons. From there on out any time you fire a fountain of blood will spew from your Soldat's body. Works best with chainsaws.

that works if ur in mid air aswell and im guessing with parashoots