( search forums )
new knife ^_^
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - 1.3.1 related complaints and/or whining -NO BUGS-
Deleted User
December 20, 2005, 10:33 pm
I am a knifing and i kinda injoy the new version of the knife. MM did a great job and now the knife is back in the hands of skilled users. the new knife really speads the use of other secondly WP's now you see more dievestly in the second hand WP use .

p.s if your going to post whining about the knife give it some reason behind the bla.

Deleted User
December 20, 2005, 10:39 pm
omg wdf? =_= There are a bunch of other posts that already do this for you.

The Geologist
December 20, 2005, 10:41 pm
Wow...thanks Jebus. Always love to hear praise for the knife instead of mindless hate for it. Gotta say I'm a touch impressed.

Deleted User
December 21, 2005, 11:28 pm
well its really not that bad. i dont know why people are having such a hard time with it. It kinda thats me back a few years when no one used the knife and it was like the wtf wp but i learned the ways of knifing from my brother and it always stuck.

Thyr
December 22, 2005, 11:01 am
I agree, the new knife is almost better than the old one.

In 1.2.1., I used it almost as my primary, when I tried it in 1.3, I was completely dumbfounded by its lack of speed and range, and began to believe it would become impossible to use in a fast-paced game like Soldat. What annoyed me especially was that you could not stop the charge-up, so you'd risk dropping your knife whenever you charged up and no enemy appeared.
I even thought about changing to socom, yet I decided that the new knife would at least be a challenge...however, getting used to it wasn't that hard - it took a while because the entire "knifing-style" has been changed, however, the use pays off - knifing someone is finally regarded as something to be proud of, rather than something that's lame...nice to hear "ns" instead of "omg lameass knife moron", because it's waaaaaay harder =P

The charge-time especially forces one to predict when an enemy might arrive, and it almost forces people to AIM instead of just throwing a luck-dependant shot-on-sight ^^

Stealth870
December 22, 2005, 2:01 pm
Yup, I have grown to like the 1.3.1 knife. I was a heavy knifer and was really upset when I read and tried it. But I decided to stick with it and it turns out its not ALL that bad. Now you actually need some skill, aim, and timing to get this thing right. I do hope however, that maybe there could be another setting or mode, to have knives like they used to. Maybe something in weapon.ini, I don't know. But new knife ain't that bad :)