( search forums )
modded gravity
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Chameleon
December 21, 2005, 6:54 am
this has probably been suggested before....but

why not have like modded gravity, either has part of a weaponmod, or map option. so you could create a "moon map" or something like that and have low gravity and high gravity

low gravity would enable you to throw grenades further, shoot guns further. jump higher and fall down slower(run faster?)

high gravity would limit how far you can throw grenades, limit your weapon ranges, and limit how high you can jump and fall down faster(run slower?)

santa
December 31, 2005, 12:58 am
yeah thats a good idea, but what about the jet packs?

Chameleon
December 31, 2005, 1:27 am
jet packs would probably be effected too, giving more power when there is less gravity (lighter objects). and less power for when there is more gravity (heavier objects)

Deleted User
December 31, 2005, 1:27 am
ctf_moon

no gravity :D

DeLarge
December 31, 2005, 3:34 am
Wasn't 'gravity' suggested before? To ask this: how can little soldiers live on a moon?

Deleted User
December 31, 2005, 5:07 am
Wdf...

anyways.. I like the idea. Would be cool if you could jump really high or jump barely at all lol :P

Deleted User
December 31, 2005, 1:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeLargeWasn't 'gravity' suggested before? To ask this: how can little soldiers live on a moon?

Through extremely cool equipment. Who really cares how they live on a moon- it's the fugging moon! I wanna fight on the moon!

This sounds really cool, but I'm not sure if it is possible.

a-4-year-old
December 31, 2005, 2:46 pm
it would be sooooooooooooo abused. just imagin major putting in
[gravity]999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

make it so only more advanced players can acsess it if it ever happens wichitwontbutwelikeitanywayandiwilljustkeeptypingwithoutuseingthespacebarsoimnotgonnashutupthisisgettinglongihopethisgetsimplemented.

Vijchtidoodah
December 31, 2005, 2:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by Psychoctf_moon

no gravity :D

Except that the moon actually has gravity. :P

person
December 31, 2005, 5:52 pm
Even in empty space you are affected by gravity, however insignificant that effect may be. Call it "microgravity", or with the prefix of "(very/)low" instead.

DeLarge
December 31, 2005, 9:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by KamikaziCowquote:Originally posted by DeLargeWasn't 'gravity' suggested before? To ask this: how can little soldiers live on a moon?

Through extremely cool equipment. Who really cares how they live on a moon- it's the fugging moon! I wanna fight on the moon!

Technology isn't fully developed for the moon.

Soulsnipa
January 1, 2006, 12:04 am
quote:Originally posted by DeLargequote:Originally posted by KamikaziCowquote:Originally posted by DeLargeWasn't 'gravity' suggested before? To ask this: how can little soldiers live on a moon?

how many soldiers fly around in jetpacks.

- Tek -
January 1, 2006, 12:24 am
how does the game gravity work? Is there just a number we need to modify?

Deleted User
January 1, 2006, 12:42 am
quote:Originally posted by DeLargeWasn't 'gravity' suggested before? To ask this: how can little soldiers live on a moon?

its a little game.. it has no meaning after all...

we could might aswell ask "why the hell does the weapons fire slow bullets who are majorly affected by gravity"

or "are there such things as jet shoes"

the list would go on forever... so I say we can implement this..

it should be controlled by the server admin ofcorse.

Arbalest
January 1, 2006, 5:26 am
Small gravity maps could be fun, or should I say mayhem. Everyone would probably have tough time getting used to it. I can imagine it now, bases getting blasted by M79 shots from far, far away. Rushers getting to the other sides with in mere seconds with jetpack. How do we even slow down? Or do we just all crawl? We can probably hail the enemy with deadly throwing knives and bullets that doesn't lose velocity. It's just so...so...FUN. Let's do it! On the second thought, let's just all stay on Earth. (P.S. I can't even imagine if we put tons of gravity on maps instead of reduceing it.)

- Tek -
January 1, 2006, 5:58 am
make several with more of that bouncing sutff. That's great.

Deleted User
January 1, 2006, 9:15 am
For me this idea is very cool.
I would like maps like on moon :O
Just awesome.

frogboy
January 1, 2006, 9:40 am
quote:Originally posted by DeLargeTechnology isn't fully developed for the moon.
Of course it is - people managed to land on the moon in the 1960s. Considering how far technology has advanced even in the past 10 years, it's probably safe to say that technology is advanced enough for the moon.

karmazonpl
January 1, 2006, 9:47 am
quote:Originally posted by DeLarge[quote]

what the [CENSORED] are you talking about, this is a game, you don't see soldiers flying around iraq with jet boots, who the [CENSORED] cares that those pixels on the screen don't have something that look like a space suit

DeLarge
January 1, 2006, 10:02 am
Only a joke. Tool.

karmazonpl
January 1, 2006, 10:03 am
lolol good one

DeLarge
January 1, 2006, 10:07 am
Yeah, right-e-o.

M'i os ykaens.

Zegovia
January 1, 2006, 2:45 pm
How about Newtons law, "the same amouth of force used is inflected back blah blah etc", you would be flying backwards when you use a gun due to the recoil, And you would have a hard time stopping when you are running at full speed and so on....... but thats at 0 point gravity... :P

CrazyKid980
January 2, 2006, 2:47 am
This is great and all, but what about the bullets speed? Will it decrease as the gravity is lowered? I mean, flying slowly in the air would make a great barret target :P would be a really pain in the butt.

Chameleon
January 2, 2006, 9:20 am
maybe have it like how the bonus frequency is. or something like this
/gravity *1-5*

default gravity being 3. that way, the gravity couldnt be 999999999. and it would be a more "controled" gravty, for the game.

2 gravity would be slightly less than normal. and visa versa for 4.
(you get my point?)

Kaider
January 2, 2006, 7:41 pm
And maybe Gravity Modded servers will have (GM)(Gravity Mod) before their name, like (WM)(Weapons Mod) servers have.

edak
January 3, 2006, 11:21 pm
I think gravity would be map dependent, and pretty fun too!

Chameleon
January 3, 2006, 11:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chameleonmaybe have it like how the bonus frequency is. or something like this
/gravity *1-5*

default gravity being 3. that way, the gravity couldnt be 999999999. and it would be a more "controled" gravty, for the game.

(you get my point?)

i guess maybe not as a server setting, but as a map setting would work. and you could choose it like how the med-kit/grenade frequency/amount is chosen

a-4-year-old
January 4, 2006, 2:39 am
quote:quote:Originally posted by Chameleonquote:Originally posted by Chameleonmaybe have it like how the bonus frequency is. or something like this
/gravity *1-5*

(you get my point?)

i guess maybe not as a server setting, but as a map setting would work. and you could choose it like how the med-kit/grenade frequency/amount is chosen

ya, lets go wit dat!