( search forums )
Escape from Apoca City, Map/WM/Bots now available!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Ranzear
December 21, 2005, 8:14 am
Since this is a map, botpack, and weapon mod all in one, I suppose it goes in the 'general' forum, it can be moved and cross-posted accordingly.

With much trial I have completed Apoca City. Thanks to all that dealt with my map error and stopped in to play my map as it was being developed. My accompanying bots and weapon mod are also included. All instructions are included in the .zip and written in english by me. Just an easy unzip to \soldat\ and follow the settings. Now an excerpt from my readme.

"Apoca City is the main event, and a rule of thumb on how to make a good zombie map for my bots and settings. It is a reverse CTF across a desolate town of eight buildings, zombies around every corner, and realistic mode is a must to keep them hidden until just the right moment."

It is waypointed for zombie movement and having the flag makes them very aggressive, turning the zombies and walls into equal enemies. I can't seem to get my server up again, my join port keeps jumping around (I'd like it to stay 23073) and I can't get the NAT to pass it, so I'd like to see someone else's stable server up and running it soon. I'm sure a good look at my map will give the good mappers an idea of what makes a zombie map.

So finally, the .zip:

[URL]

DeLarge
December 21, 2005, 8:16 am
This should be in a modification forum. Good map / bots.

Ranzear
December 21, 2005, 8:21 am
I was under the impression that that was viusal changes to soldat, new gostek bitmaps and such. This is a Map, Botpack, and Weapon Mod distrubuted as one hefty 84kb package for otherwise stock soldat.

vash763
December 21, 2005, 10:29 am
http://m00.laughingllamas.com/fileupload/?act=view&file=Y3RmX3Zhc2hfYXBvY2EuUE1T

yay

[IMAGE]

Captain Ben
December 21, 2005, 11:49 am
That map looks like the secks. I'll download tomorrow.

Deleted User
December 21, 2005, 9:04 pm
Yay, it is out. Thanks Ranzear :)

xIanx
December 21, 2005, 9:44 pm
Very nice.

Deleted User
December 24, 2005, 8:03 pm
That map is really dark. Also, I agree with Delarge

Ranzear
December 25, 2005, 6:10 am
quote:Originally posted by DezonusThat map is really dark. Also, I agree with Delarge

That screenshot is not of my map, see the Mapping Ideas forum I think I posted one there. My map is still relatively dark though, but not bright soldats over a dark background but a complete scenery overlay.