( search forums )
For:Bot maker(petition included)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
December 21, 2005, 3:49 pm
I know i suggested this before,but it seems nobody heard me,

Wouldnt it be cool if you could adjust the bot speed and health in soldat bot maker?i believe it would make each bot more unique to the enviroment,making hard ass bots , or super human speeders.

sign the petition here!
[URL]

_Mancer_
December 21, 2005, 4:35 pm
..No

Michal
December 21, 2005, 6:43 pm
I like this idea, it would be great for themed games.

teh 1337 n00b
December 21, 2005, 7:32 pm
sounds intresting...

The Twilight
December 21, 2005, 7:36 pm
Sounds good, but you know online petitions never work do you?

DeLarge
December 21, 2005, 7:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_..No

Yeah, no.

Kyklis
December 21, 2005, 10:00 pm
Eh, would be KIND of fun. However, what is a petition going to do? Michal won't do it because of signatures on some online petition.

Keron Cyst
December 21, 2005, 10:54 pm
If bots are too easy for you play unbalanced matches (e.g. 4 vs. 8). This wouldn't be worth the time it'd take to implement.

rabidhamster
December 22, 2005, 12:10 am
maybe the health idea, but the speed idea would pose a huge problem with waypoints, the only way to make it work would be to give them higher gravity as they move faster, the ability to jump faster, and... never mind. it's just too much work.

Saint-Cross
December 22, 2005, 12:36 am
Interesting, but not really worth it.Playing humans is just so much better, regardless of the bots' settings.

Deleted User
December 22, 2005, 7:06 am
yeah for themed matches it would be sweet.

Deleted User
December 22, 2005, 4:54 pm
Nice idea. Yes.

DePhille
December 22, 2005, 5:52 pm
the speed is a bad idea , it will make waypointing even worse.

The health thing is very good. I think everyone will agree that the average Soldat bot is very easy to kill , and adding health (simple to code) is a very simple way to make them more difficult.

Theres no need for a petition though. A petition can be used when MM and all the admins don't agree but the whole community does.

Grtz , DePhille

zyxstand
December 23, 2005, 4:56 pm
why on earth would anyone not want more options? options are terrific!
yes.

Deleted User
December 24, 2005, 11:50 am
quote:Originally posted by DePhillethe speed is a bad idea , it will make waypointing even worse.

The health thing is very good. I think everyone will agree that the average Soldat bot is very easy to kill , and adding health (simple to code) is a very simple way to make them more difficult.

Theres no need for a petition though. A petition can be used when MM and all the admins don't agree but the whole community does.

Grtz , DePhille

Wow, U gave me an idea. *CAMPAIGN*

Silent Soldier
December 24, 2005, 2:49 pm
Modifiable (is that a word, anyway?) health for bots, like different stages of bots or sumthin...

Raptor
December 24, 2005, 9:25 pm
I remember when you suggested this, and no... it's not a nice idea.

DePhille
December 25, 2005, 9:56 am
Dairy: That'll be a rare thought you have then , normally one of the admins would agree with the idea r half of the community doesn't agree with the idea so having an idea where admins won't agree and the whole community does is a rare idea :)

Raptor: Why isn't it a nice idea? I agree that more speed for bots isn't a good idea but more health is.

Grtz , DePhille

santa
December 27, 2005, 8:52 pm
yes its a good idea.

Deleted User
December 29, 2005, 7:13 pm
i thought so.

Deleted User
December 29, 2005, 10:34 pm
Of course it's a great idea. All upgrades, is good upgrades!

DePhille
December 29, 2005, 11:09 pm
Negative on that one tradeMAAK , otherwise we'd end up with a psychedelic "Magic-pokémon-playboy-dark-angel" Soldat lol.

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
December 30, 2005, 3:14 am
"Magic-pokémon-playboy-dark-angel"
is it really THAT bad?

a-4-year-old
December 30, 2005, 5:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by Montoyabut it seems nobody heard me,

what was that again?

but yes i remember, IF it is at all worth a try i would really like to see it, but please, dont turn it into another "OMFG OMG VEOCKILLS!!!!! WTF OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

DePhille
December 30, 2005, 5:50 pm
semagae: not for the playboy part :D but it's a bad thing , trust me.

Deleted User
December 30, 2005, 11:35 pm
...hmm...sure? Why not- but I ain't signing no petition. Could get me into trouble.

@DePhille- I wouldn't mind having a Playboy soldat. XD