( search forums )
NEW: Levels comming after spring break
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Sniperz
March 2, 2003, 9:29 am
Sorry every one[:-banghead], i'm workin on the levels all this spring break in between parties and all[:-dunce], and i will try[:-scared] to get them done with bot-waypoints and everthing!!!

If any one has any ideas[:-idea] that they would like in the levels plzz tell me and i will try to alter it to your needs, thanx![:D]

djmaster79@hotmail.com

illicyx
March 2, 2003, 9:47 am
Wonderful! Looks great for gameplay.

RyF
March 2, 2003, 1:04 pm
hmmm... nice, but a bit too good for snipers... maybe an upper section in the middle would be interesting, so that runners could "try" sneak upon snipers in the turrets below...

Kahuna-CorlanMcD
March 2, 2003, 3:06 pm
Looks good man

Evolution
March 2, 2003, 4:38 pm
hmm....nice map
but i only download maps with waypoints.
(SOMEONE HELP HIM DO THE WAYPOINTS!!!)

artfighter
March 2, 2003, 4:59 pm
yeah this looks very real. hope this is an inf map?

PuMa
March 2, 2003, 8:15 pm
No waypoints? hmm... i could do a real basic waypoint system... ill look into it.

Sniperz
March 2, 2003, 11:28 pm
sorry about all the sniper spots...i wanted to get to military kinda army look to it, so i don't want any upper layers (sorda realistic mode if ya say) but i thank you for the feedback on that, i will see wut i can do too fix all the hiding spots. And by the way i'am making a CTF_/and INF_ mode for this map soon, and i will post it here, so don't worry , i'll do it today and post it tonight...thanx. Oh ya, PuMa.....i would be forever in your debt if you were to do the bot waypoints for me, i will give you full credit and recomendation to every one for you , if it turns out nice. Same goes to any one else who wants to help out make this one of the best Multi-Player levels for SOLDAT out there.....thanx every one for your help.

Keep the feed back comm'n, and more ideas.!

N1nj@
March 3, 2003, 2:40 am
good job man...too bad there is no wayponts...it would be wiked!

PuMa
March 3, 2003, 9:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by Sniperz

Oh ya, PuMa.....i would be forever in your debt if you were to do the bot waypoints for me, i will give you full credit and recomendation to every one for you , if it turns out nice. Same goes to any one else who wants to help out make this one of the best Multi-Player levels for SOLDAT out there.....thanx every one for your help.

dam that map is huge!! I made a realy poor bot route in 15 mins, having trouble getting the jumps onto the platforms to work. ill try to have it all done by the weekend.

heres what ive got so far.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] SO.zip27.22 KB

Sniperz
March 4, 2003, 12:56 am
OK WELL I PUT ANOTHER MAP ON INF_BOOT CAMP, SO I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT. FINALY THE BOT WAY POINTS ARE FINISHED FOR "SECRET OPS", BUT THE OTHER 2 AREN'T FINISHED YET, SO IF ANY ONE WOULD LIKE TO VOLENTEER FOR IT, GIMME AN E-MAIL

illicyx
March 4, 2003, 1:05 am
COULD YOU DO ME A FAVOR? TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK? THANKS I APPRECIATE IT!

Evolution
March 4, 2003, 1:19 am
umm.....can someone help sniperz do the waypoints?
im waiting for the waypoints on these great maps!
>good secret ops has waypoints!!!<

N1nj@
March 4, 2003, 1:28 am
dam man...look at all those crazy map...i will be SUPER good if all of them have waypoints!

Sniperz
March 4, 2003, 1:48 am
okay im using your account but i will have my account up and running and all i have to say is WOW THESE ARE DEADLY!!!!!!!!!!literally lol....anyways keep up the good work man...

Evolution
March 4, 2003, 7:51 am
yo man - whatcha change the title of
this topic for no apparent reason?!?!!?
(man....some weird people these days...)
yeah when you getting the waypoints up on the other maps?

Sniperz
March 4, 2003, 8:04 am
wuts your problem, i just wanted ppl to know wut was in here, instead of just 3 NEW MAPS, thats all man geeeeeeeeeeze, some weird pl out there. I'm trying to work on the waypoints as we speak, but i think i'm about 47% done ctf_Alcatraz, but i have to go back to work so it'll take longer then expected, sorry every one.

Evolution
March 4, 2003, 4:10 pm
whoa man chill.......
im sorry ok?
i hope you get the waypoints up soon!

sauron_the_deceiver
March 4, 2003, 5:55 pm
i have to say welldone on the waypoints. not enough people do them, even if they can, and i appreciate it because of my strict, only waypointed map downloads. will be downloading secret ops now!

PuMa
March 4, 2003, 9:26 pm
Which ones? mine? I thought they were pretty crummy myself, though its only the second time ive used them. Anyone want to see my only new map ive made(3-4 pl) its a little "paintball" map... Tons of bunkers and crap. May even make a paintball mod to go along with it. (it has bot routes, and good ones at that!)

PuMa
March 5, 2003, 1:50 am
OMG there aren't any colliders??? I was on secret ops sniping, and i got shot up thru the bunker!!

Ill fix that when i have time as well.

PuMa
March 5, 2003, 2:08 am
Ok, i redid some of the bot routes and added colliders. :)

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] scrt_ops.zip27.32 KB

Sniperz
March 5, 2003, 6:38 am
Thanx PuMa, i appreciate your help alot, i don't think i could do it with out ya man, any ways, i hope every one is enjoying the map, and ya sorry for slipp'n out on ya man (the who got mad at me for the CAPS-LOCK on) LOL ......well i'm stuck on the way points , gett'n them to jump and go is extremly hard to do, if any one has any tips fork'em over cuz i'm in need of help BAD!!!

dittyman
March 5, 2003, 9:02 am
man ill be happy to help add me on msn at dorris1_69@hotmail.com
i am a keen map maker almost all i do with soldat... joking i play heaps more but i dont play if im mapping, i stick to the map till its perfect. I have done waypoints but dont really like em but hey i can always give em ago but sauron this is ditty here and im saying if it looks good get it :P so we can play em on clan games

Sniperz
March 6, 2003, 6:45 am
thanx man, i added you to my msn now, it took me awhile to replay sorry, but ya i'm on most of the time after school

Evolution
March 6, 2003, 7:42 am
about your 1st post on this topic....
are you saying you will never put waypoints on your other maps?
-cause i play single player alot and would want some
waypoints on these fun maps!-

PuMa
March 6, 2003, 11:55 am
I might when i have time, but really busy w/school :(

sauron_the_deceiver
March 6, 2003, 7:19 pm
evolution dont push him. they arent his maps and he doesnt have to do them. be nice dude.

PuMa
March 6, 2003, 8:44 pm
Got a week off :) Ill get stuff done in the next 7 days... say, basic bot routes for all maps?:p

--edit---
You probably better find someone else to do them.. i can try, but ive never done a ctf_ or inf_ before :(

Sniperz
March 6, 2003, 10:19 pm
well thanx for the help any ways PuMa, i'm sure i can try and figure it out on my own , but it will take waaaaaaay longer if you guys actually want to wait that long? sorry but thats the best i can do unless some one wants to help with the bot waypoints. Oh ya, evolution.....i probably will put bot way points on them eventually but just not right away, i want ppl to enjoy them on multi-player first, and then i might have them done, but we'll see.....enjoy

Evolution
March 7, 2003, 9:42 pm
sniperz.....
how come you always advertise your
maps in other peoples topics?
you dont want Flanagan coming in here.....
(why not just tell people about your new map in your
signature?)

Sniperz
March 8, 2003, 9:16 pm
thanx for the tip man, i will do that, but i don't know how long i will keep my maps on the forums for, cuz if ppl stop DL'ing them then i will just take them off the net, and ppl will have to e-mail me for them, but thanx, and i hope ppl start DL'ing fast, cuz in after i post the bot way-points for the other 2 levels.....2 weeks later i will just take them off.!!!

Flanagan
March 11, 2003, 10:46 pm
Sniperz, no offense, but I feel your maps aren't that great. To make them better, work on using lots of different shades of the polys to make them better.

Sniperz
March 12, 2003, 8:07 am
ya i know, it's just the general idea i wanted to get out there to every one, i will take my maps of the net for now (if i can i dunno) and i will go and work on the shading and probably in 2 to 3 weeks i will try them back out and with bot way points this time, thanx for your feed back every one!!!

Outcast
March 12, 2003, 9:04 am
Lots of different shades bla bla...That's not a better map....that's a better looking map....Kampf was about the same colour everywhere and it was the best fun ever. No need to make em nice, jus make em playable at the best level.

N1nj@
March 12, 2003, 4:03 pm
ctf_kampf has good sniping spot for blue team...i always get some spawn kill...

Sniperz
March 12, 2003, 5:27 pm
ctf_kampf, what the [:-censored] is every one talkin about, i didn't make a map called ctf_kampf!!! But any ways, OUTCAST is totaly right, the playability is a lot better then the shading it self, after he said that i thought about it, and ya i don't think i'll be doing the shading any more, i might make a new small level with shading, but all i will do this spring break is work on the bot way points for the other 3 levels. thanx OUTCAST. oh ya N1nj@...how did you get that "masta killa" pic on there?

N1nj@
March 12, 2003, 5:56 pm
is the sig...

ada89
March 12, 2003, 6:11 pm
ctf_kampf, what the [:-censored] is every one talkin about, i didn't make a map called ctf_kampf!!! But any ways, OUTCAST is totaly right, the playability is a lot better then the shading it self, after he said that i thought about it, and ya i don't think i'll be doing the shading any more, i might make a new small level with shading, but all i will do this spring break is work on the bot way points for the other 3 levels. thanx OUTCAST. oh ya N1nj@...how did you get that "masta killa" pic on there?

U were not so right, shading make peopleS want to play ur map cause it make people enjoy the enviromen of ur map (Psychology) and this is true, ya, u were right on the playability of the map but if u see all the map that people like to play is a map like ctf_B2b, on of the best all round map, the shading of the map is ths best , really look 3d and the shading give the lighting fx, if ur map is like one colour, people will get boring after like....10 min or les.. or more, so try to learn shading...good luck....

Outcast
March 12, 2003, 7:17 pm
Ummm....you ppl are becoming so spoiled by the nice scenery and shading.

Sniperz
March 13, 2003, 10:05 pm
well sorry i'm not a pro here ppl. i'm just trying to make some levels for ppl to play online. geeze, all you ppl take this [:-censored] for granted, and expect some begginer to put out the best map.......wut the [:-censored], lets see how good you can do, huh, so quit talking [:-censored].....bloody retards.

ada89
March 13, 2003, 10:51 pm
well sorry i'm not a pro here ppl. i'm just trying to make some levels for ppl to play online. geeze, all you ppl take this [:-censored] for granted, and expect some begginer to put out the best map.......wut the [:-censored], lets see how good you can do, huh, so quit talking [:-censored].....bloody retards.

No, no, no dont talk like that, i know u can do it. I just suggest u to looking foward to the next level of maping, so good luck.

dittyman
March 30, 2003, 3:03 am
yeah calm down