( search forums )
(moved) Freezing at load screen
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Didimow
December 23, 2005, 8:17 pm
Ok this may not be to do with 1.3.1 but i am not entirely sure.
I saw the weapons.ini file and changed one of the settings on knife to try it out. When i tried to play it, it was very jerky so i immediatly quit and restored the original weapons.ini file.
Now when i start up soldat, it freezes at a grey screen for about 2 minutes before it actually starts working! What have i done and how can i fix it?
Also, the Barret, does not even fire why i try to use it, same with the law, whats goin on?
Your help is much appreciated, thanks.

mike323
December 23, 2005, 9:23 pm
When soldat tries to start a game, it looks for settings like weapons.ini and internet connection. This happened to me too, but it was because I was not hooked up to the internet.

If you're sure you restored the absolute default weapon settings, then try re-downloading the default version of soldat and replacing the files in C:\Soldat, and if yours is modded, then make sure you ONLY replace the files in C:\Soldat, NOT C:\Soldat\Weapons or C:\Soldat\scenery-gfx.

b00stA
December 24, 2005, 12:29 am
quote:Originally posted by mike323When soldat tries to start a game, it looks for settings like weapons.ini and internet connection. This happened to me too, but it was because I was not hooked up to the internet.
Soldat works perfectly fine if you're not connected to the internet.

Try reinstalling Soldat. Don't forget to reboot after you did so.

Didimow
December 24, 2005, 10:59 am
I reinstalled soldat, and it works fine, thanks!