( search forums )
inf_hamburgerhill
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
LUNATIC COW
December 23, 2005, 10:38 pm
For those of you who have read about the event or seen the movie of the same title, you know that the battle at Hamburger Hill was a difficult uphill battle with slippery slopes, enemy bunkers, and heavy machineguns. I propose a map in which Alpha must take the black flag(that is at their spawn point) up a very steep, almost impossible to climb hill with M2s and sand bags every so often. The white flag would be at the top of the hill. There could be some patches of hill that are naturally slippery like on ice maps, etc.

Braingstorm, let me know if you're interested.

Blake7160
January 13, 2006, 10:42 pm
Hmmm, sounds very interesting and fun to play,

would ya mind if i gave it a shot? Im pretty good at making maps, just not thinking up the original idea

LUNATIC COW
January 17, 2006, 9:39 pm
Please do. Sorry I haven't checked this in a while. I'll drop you a PM to remind you. Make it vietnam-looking.

LUNATIC COW
January 22, 2006, 2:31 am
Can't PM you.. please let me know of your progress.

Eagles_Arrows
January 22, 2006, 2:35 am
I might use this idea if Blake won't... but I already have so many floating in my head and on my sketchbook :P

I'll draw a little layout of this idea and post it here later so that you would see what I will do.

Blake7160
January 25, 2006, 3:15 am
Eagles Arrows, if you would like to do this then thats cool, i got too much crap going on i.r.l. to complete it, Sorry Lunatic Cow.

LUNATIC COW
January 25, 2006, 1:00 pm
NP, looking forward to it.

Eagles_Arrows
January 26, 2006, 2:43 am
[IMAGE]

I know the hill is on the wrong teams and stuff, and the white flag is not on top, I'll try to work it out. So far this is what I've come up with. If you are totally fine with this layout, just say so.

LUNATIC COW
January 26, 2006, 3:54 am
hmm.. I was thinking more of this: [IMAGE]

and no jets.

PS. Excuse the horrible MS Paintoshop

Eagles_Arrows
January 26, 2006, 11:30 am
Okay, now I am confused. Is this like a reverse CTF where Alpha team spawns near the black flag and must take it to their white flag up the hill? And what's with the symbol inside the hill? I cannot read the writing near it.

And the little semicircle?

You wrote "trees." So there are supposed to be alot of trees in the map or few?

LUNATIC COW
January 29, 2006, 1:13 am
ok.. Alpha spawns near black flag and brings it up to white, yes. I felt like making a hammer and sickle on the mountaint.. it says bunker, and it is pointing to the left where a bunker is (labeled). And the semicircle isn't important either, I made a taco in the sky for no reason. Trees should be the only cover that red has from blue

Eagles_Arrows
January 29, 2006, 3:32 am
Ahh now I understand. The taco threw me off the most.

Alright, as soon as I'm done with CTF_SOS, I'll begin working on this.

LUNATIC COW
February 18, 2006, 1:21 am
Update?

OutofOrder
February 18, 2006, 2:27 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Eagles_Arrows on january the 29th
...as soon as I'm done with CTF_SOS...

What the ... O.o

afaik, Eagle's PC has gone out of service, and he'll be available again at mid March.

Deleted User
February 18, 2006, 9:15 am
nice drawings.. it's gonna be a great map:)

Eagles_Arrows
February 18, 2006, 2:37 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by OutofOrder

afaik, Eagle's PC has gone out of service, and he'll be available again at mid March.

I'm back >:)
Hamburgerhill will be started on somewhere in late Feb/early March.

headstone
February 18, 2006, 2:42 pm
Would anyone mind if I made Eagle's sketch?

LUNATIC COW
February 28, 2006, 1:34 am
Ask him

edak
February 28, 2006, 7:30 am
I like this idea, good stuff on those sketches

Eagles_Arrows
February 28, 2006, 10:57 am
Hey, headstone, I won't mind.

Lunatic Cow: We are testing the sceneries for this map so hang on to your underwear! xP

Edak: Thank you :) Inf_H.H. will be released somewhere between March 4-8 :D

EDIT!: Here are some screenshots of the recent version of HamburgerHill, brought to you by OutofOrder.

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Deleted User
February 28, 2006, 12:07 pm
Looks pretty nice, exept that hopefully its the image thats a ilttle low qualitity or its your map?
Make it a more lighter? Livelier?

LUNATIC COW
February 28, 2006, 12:17 pm
=D outstanding! Make sure some part of the hill are slippery (maybe muddy looking).

OutofOrder
February 28, 2006, 3:40 pm
Yeah the quality's not 100% on those .jpgs
But that's just an update from the W.I.P. map, like E_A said. Just wait until it's finished ;D

Edit: to L_C, of course, some parts are slippery >:D

Eagles_Arrows
February 28, 2006, 11:48 pm
Yeah, the area around the bunker and stat gun and top of the hill is slippery.

OutofOrder
March 1, 2006, 2:53 am
Another update. There isn't too much left to do, but to fix/add details, waypoints and other stuff.

[IMAGE]

Lunatic Cow, please answer Eagles_Arrow's Private Message, thanks!

LUNATIC COW
March 2, 2006, 2:30 am
Responded. Make sure the flame is set to nothing (so that it just has that little burst).

Eagles_Arrows
March 2, 2006, 2:36 am
Yes, jets are disabled in the map, as you asked :)

EDIT: INF_Hamburger Hill RELEASED! CLICK: http://eaooomaps.tripod.com/inf_hhill.html

LUNATIC COW
March 5, 2006, 8:42 pm
Woot!