( search forums )
Time to pull an Extacide...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
December 23, 2005, 11:59 pm
I've been playing 1.2.1 lately and well....I'm starting to love it. However, I really love 1.3.1 lots It's just that...well... I hate the...

LACK OF DIVERSITY

Don't know what I mean? (figures) I'm talking about the overuseage of one weapon: The M79. Don't get me wrong people...I like the gun, I even used to think it was cool. But when I'm playing a damned match 5 on 5 In once favorite INF server and 4 reds have it, and my other 4 teammates have it, That just ticks me off.

I feel like I'm dying of bordom. I enter the server, and see the kill log's filled with that M79 picture. Hell, It gets me so bored that I find that I'm constantly changing my mods just to see a different M79! What also kills me is the fact that I can't let myself use it since it just becomes redundant. God, I see so much of it that things seem like the gun's overpowered (I am not flat out saying that the '79 is or that I believe that). Even worse is that I'm so sick of this weapon, that if i see just ONE out of 10 people using it, I get ticked off, I DON'T LIKE THAT!

Man when decided to try out 1.2.1 for a day, I had so much fun it's crazy :\. I was being killed by deagles! By an Ak! OH And even a minigun, It was heaven....And I'm goin' back.
I guess you can say I'm taking the easy way out, but it doesn't matter, I need some diversity man. Soldat feels like I'm playing Tanks but with better graphics and more movement -_-

*sigh* I used to believe that it was soo cool being blasted out of the air with a perfect long range shot, now it's irritating. So bye 1.3.1, fornow, I'll miss ya.

...I'll miss the nerfed barret (probbly the most >_>), the new knife, the new law, the flag pass, the improved chainsaw, the large amount of people, the guys who know me well, the /secret command (jesus I can't say the bloody command) OH AND I FORGOT, the awesome backflip...

Oh yeah, And that netcode sucks too but, that I can get over compared to the M79 overuseage. But that netcode REALLY kills my chainsaw :(

Chakra`
December 24, 2005, 12:25 am
I always thought 1.2.1 publics felt 'less' diverse, seeing as almost everyone just auto'd in my experience. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

By the way, if you're in europe, SN have changed their no-barret server to a no-m79 server it seems.

MisterX
December 24, 2005, 12:33 am
Chakra actually said it already. Concerning clanwars, in 1.2.1 all the idiotic clans who simply wanted to win had 3 players with an automatic weapon (mostly AK or Minimi I think) and LAW, since they were the best and partially unbeatable. Now in 1.3.1 clanwars we HAVE diversity, since any weapon can be effective (well, some... one weapon more than others).
But as it seems you refer to playing on a public server, you're totally right, M79 is overused. That's why I suggested a server-side option for limiting weapon usage, for example that only 30% of a team's players can choose M79 as the weapon they want to spawn with. Let's hope Michal implements this. Still, M79 definitely has to be made harder to use.
As long as that's not the case, Chakra is right again: We've changed our public server from non-Barret(+Minigun) to non-M79(+Minigun) and a limit of 3 grenades. Hopefully other servers will follow, like it was last time with non-Barret.

Deleted User
December 24, 2005, 12:58 am
1.3.1 has the best choice of weapon. Each one has a different type of strategy and is stronger/faster blah blah.
I used to use the m79 all over the version. 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 and 1.3.0.
Only at the end of 1.3.0 I used the deagles. Then came the steyr. Oh man am I loving it.

Extacide also made me move to 1.2.1, and though it was hella fun. (shots register) I didnt like the barret camping.

- Tek -
December 24, 2005, 1:08 am
Its hard, but you can learn to be faster than everyone else with precise keys operating, and dodge the m79's.
:nods:.

rabidhamster
December 24, 2005, 1:56 am
when my servers get up and running, in addition to limiting to three grenades, i plan to do this:

[M79]
Damage=165000
FireInterval=6
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=200 (was 180)
Speed=100 (was 110)
BulletStyle=4
StartUpTime=0
Bink=65 (was 45)
MovementAcc=3
[Barret M82A1]
Damage=495
FireInterval=260 (was 240)
Ammo=10
ReloadTime=300
Speed=550
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=20 (was 25)
Bink=110 (was 90)
MovementAcc=5 (was 6)
[XM214 Minigun]
Damage=63 (was 43)
FireInterval=5 (was 4)
Ammo=30 (was 100)
ReloadTime=236 (was 336)
Speed=280 (was 290)
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=30 (was 50)
Bink=-10
MovementAcc=1

Deleted User
December 24, 2005, 5:48 am
@This topic.

LOL!

@Topic Title

LOL!

quote:Originally posted by DrivenUnder1.3.1 has the best choice of weapon. Each one has a different type of strategy and is stronger/faster blah blah.
I used to use the m79 all over the version. 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 and 1.3.0.
Only at the end of 1.3.0 I used the deagles. Then came the steyr. Oh man am I loving it.

Extacide also made me move to 1.2.1, and though it was hella fun. (shots register) I didnt like the barret camping.

I did NOT make you, you tried it out yourself after I explained to you the magical world where deagles roamed gracefully, grazing upon other newbies and flying majesticly. A world where Deagles were the hunters and not the hunted. :P I only made you play in a server with me when I heard you switched. -.-;

But anyways, the things im going to miss with the current version for now...

- Backflip (I, am MISSING this.)
- People
- The good pings (Beleive me, this version is probably just as bad as 1.3.1 now. The weak guns in 1.3.1 make the register issues more evident, while 1/15 people in 1.2.1 will have a ping lower then 100.)
- Flag throw (Certainly not 1.3.1 throw)
- No knife delay! (I didnt quit because of it though >>)
- Burst firing (Bink has taught me a lesson, I naturally burst fire now. T_T)

Deleted User
December 24, 2005, 6:10 am
rabidhamster, I would suggest just increasing the reload and bink. Changing the arc of m79 by reducing its speed is probably not a good idea :Q. ANyways, I had suggested reload time increase to 195 rather than the bink increase, ill still stick to that suggestion. m79 reload should be a bit higher because m79 is overused in pubs.

Deleted User
December 24, 2005, 6:50 am
Wow man stfu. When I asked you what clan you were in you said you didnt play 1.3.1 and you suggested I go play 1.2.1 again. Maybe you dont remember but do I embarass you anyhow? Jeez stfu man.

lithium
December 24, 2005, 7:36 am
DAYYY-UMMMMM!!!

1.2.1 pales in comparison with 1.3.1, IMO if we just stick with it everything will fall into place.

Deleted User
December 24, 2005, 7:40 am
<3 lame opinions <3

1.3.1 Pwns your pants off, enough said.

CAPTAIN_PLANET
December 24, 2005, 8:02 am
1.3.1 OWNS YOUR ASS.

Deleted User
December 24, 2005, 8:06 am
alcatraz jail style

Deleted User
December 24, 2005, 11:53 am
I say we put a delay on it!

lieroguy
December 24, 2005, 11:59 am
Honesty, I can't see enough of a difference to warrant people dropping like that. I still get slaughtered just as much by the nerfed weapons, and to me, it's very much the same soldat.

Deleted User
December 24, 2005, 3:24 pm
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger...
Wait, wtf, that statement does not work in a time like this.
Learn to kill them, I'm saying. Here's what I do when half of the people in a pub are m79ing: Don't do the hurdle boost. Most M79 kills happen when the victim runs right into the M79's area of effect. Just keep walking, and when you see an m79, jump and jet moving away from them while shooting. They'll be helpless. Oh, and don't forget to spawn the hell out of them when they're at spawn. Don't think spawning's part of the game? Why does the Barret have to wait for the shot interval to go down? Why does the M79 have to reload at spawn? Ah. Perhaps there's a weakness to these weapons?

_Mancer_
December 24, 2005, 3:30 pm
I think m79 just needs a longer reload.

Deleted User
December 24, 2005, 5:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by DrivenUnderWow man stfu. When I asked you what clan you were in you said you didnt play 1.3.1 and you suggested I go play 1.2.1 again. Maybe you dont remember but do I embarass you anyhow? Jeez stfu man.

...I see someone has a grudge against me now.

Deleted User
December 24, 2005, 5:37 pm
Pfft, Perhaps I can give 1.3.1 another friggin chance, But like I said I'm mainly bored of Solat because It's nothing but M79's.

Gets repetitive...same damned thing...over and over and over and over and over......

-DoA-Pero-SLO-
December 24, 2005, 7:45 pm
like we care..pff quitters pwn