( search forums )
How abaout swiming in soldat?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Jojo
December 24, 2005, 7:58 pm
How cool would that been if we can swim in soldat?

-Answers...

-No spam!

-No whining

-And what problems that would bring

Deleted User
December 24, 2005, 8:24 pm
ROFLMAO!

Please use 'search'. There have been a numerous amount of topics related to swimming. So please dont create more, just post on the old one. -_-

- Tek -
December 24, 2005, 10:25 pm
depends if we could implement boyancy, but if not, we coul decreae gravity accel when you are in water, like you had a parachute on.

santa
December 25, 2005, 4:57 am
if u could swim in soldat it would probably be free jet pack in water or something. anyway thats a good idea.

DeLarge
December 28, 2005, 7:52 am
We could swim, but there isn't any support for water. To add water to Soldat, you would have to classify it as scenery.

Deleted User
December 29, 2005, 10:35 pm
No it could be a vertex - triangle. Actually why the heck haven't creator of this game made vertexes that are BEHIND the player? Why damn why?

Arbalest
December 30, 2005, 2:00 am
Swimming? Isn't jetpacks enough? How do u shoot while swimming? Can u swim while holding a weapon? Do u drown? I guess u can tread water to shoot in the water. Still, I think it's pointless when we can already fly over the water or walk at the bottom. Unless, ofcourse, you just want to see how u will look when u die while swimming. Soldat means soldier, not special force.

Snipedmyself
December 31, 2005, 7:29 pm
you could have a limited time you could spend in water. and to get to the top you would have to keep jumping, like how it looks when ppl used the old hacks and kept jumping. and the water would "hurt" like the polys if u stayed too long. and to swim faster you prone-ify. and when you shoot theres a little trail of water behind it like how the air is in the matrix.

i dont think this idea shoudl go in :)
..suckers....

bolhy
January 20, 2006, 8:48 am
MaN i like the idea hope gets "implanted"
or maybe scuba diving =) should make a animation
for a triple salto when diving into the water, lol

Deleted User
January 20, 2006, 6:20 pm
a vertex behind the player would serve no purpose but to look wierd when you stand on it...

Keron Cyst
January 20, 2006, 8:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by Jojo... what problems that would bring

-> none of the weapons would be able to function underwater.
-> would the jet boots work? How so?
-> the controls must obviously change. How?
-> is it even possible to program in the first place (that is, the buoyancy, the bullets suddenly coming to a stop when they hit the water, explosives becoming duds or blowing fountains of water into the air, etc.)?
-> it would mess up all current mods since it'd need a new interface-gfx for your oxygen
-> Etc.

It's been suggested time and time again. If it really was awesome it would've been done already.

a-4-year-old
January 20, 2006, 10:04 pm
1 true
2 no cause that would be stupid
3 w up a left s down (note the not changing)
4 probobly not, thats why i shoot down water ideas
5 yeah that would totally blow, unless the jet level became the ox level
6 Etc.

You are totally right this idea is retarded.

lol totaly stole your setup

bolhy
January 21, 2006, 6:36 am
Ok it is a retarded idea but i would really make soldat funer,
i like it the way it is though and i like the 5th idea 4-year-old

a-4-year-old
January 21, 2006, 12:55 pm
i was answering keron's questioning

water was shot down already because of the clear fact that it is impossible

bye bye dreams
atleast the nightmares of drowning are gone.

bolhy
January 21, 2006, 12:57 pm
Haha lol i know u were anwsering keron's questions
ahh well maybe next year lol

Drink Bloody Water
January 21, 2006, 2:02 pm
maybe there could be a status bar on the top. and on each map the status bar could have a difff length of time. When you swim the bar starts to run out. if it does go out while you are swimming. Your dead

jettlarue
January 26, 2006, 11:54 pm
how would this be impossible to program lol. it would be fairly easy if the water just used only bullets collide and the gravity for your solday would decrease. (hopefully michal made soldat oop and there is a gravity variable :S ). seems pretty easy for propgramming?

Yuth
January 27, 2006, 2:04 am
Water would be good in Soldat.
Really, that's all I have to say.

The rest is pretty obvious.

Prone fly on the water, water splashing in high degrees.
Soldier floating above the surface by using the jets.

Water would be useful for hinderance in maps without jet fuel.
Blablabla, it's great... But hard to create.

CrazyEye
January 27, 2006, 3:02 am
The closest thing to water i can see being make is a polygon that restricts movement, slows you down...

Soulsnipa
January 27, 2006, 3:35 am
You Wouldnt be able to shoot in in the water unless you had a harpoon or something as a secondary.

Otherwise the soldat would go through an animation of putting away his weapon. If you go underwater the jetbar will turn a different color and start draining as defined in the map properties. Instead of jetpack it would decrease and when it reached 0 you would start losing health at the same rate.

This method has been used in several games its not just my idea but if water was put in dont act like its such a stupid idea and how would you shoot and [CENSORED] like that. What are you a moron? HELLO, McFLY! (Arbalest)

Soulsnipa
January 27, 2006, 3:37 am
 Quote:Originally posted by CrazyEyeThe closest thing to water i can see being make is a polygon that restricts movement, slows you down...

You can sort of create this already but you move like a half a soldat length every minute

Deleted User
January 28, 2006, 11:16 pm
THERE COULD BE AN UNDER WATER MAP!!! ..... but i guess you would need a scuba weapon mod haha..... nets, harpoons, under water guns, floating bombs and mines,...... water boost....... Oxygen LEVEL!!!! so u have to come up and breath....... its gonna be a big big big change

a-4-year-old
January 28, 2006, 11:26 pm
its not going to happen. soldat cannot handel a switch between phisics like water, having water would be like having "zones" where the phisics change. soldat cant handle it, its not going to happen.

TaiQuin
February 4, 2006, 9:52 pm
hey i would like it and the underwater map sounds cool. i'll ask someone to make it in the map making section. but swiming nonetheless would be Kool