( search forums )
New WEAPONs in soldat!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Jojo
December 24, 2005, 8:04 pm
Those weapons are too old in soldat...

Tell your opinion what new weapons you want in soldat...

Secondary weapons too!

How about Ruger/spr

Or Barret/S24

an secondary pistol/X2 pistols...

Thin about that ?!

Keron Cyst
December 24, 2005, 8:50 pm
Just make your own weapon mod. That's what they're for.

- Tek -
December 24, 2005, 10:24 pm
Plus we have 4 autos.

But I think we need a 6 shot magnum. ANother handgun it would be.

and a bazooka that's like a law, but you can control its movement.

DePhille
December 25, 2005, 10:03 am
Like Keron Cyst said , the weapons are fine atm. and you could change them by modding.
Adding more weapons will make it even more difficult to balance weapons than now and Soldat already has alot of weapons.

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
December 25, 2005, 11:21 am
Yeah those guns are bit too old...

But modding is for changes!

Silent Soldier
December 25, 2005, 11:25 am
Yeah, indeed. I'm making one right now. Good morning, Zipp0 btw.

Darth Hideous
December 25, 2005, 11:56 am
don't ruin the game.
As said above, mod your own. Soldat is soldat for what it is, though ppl tend to forget that..

System_Decay
December 26, 2005, 3:59 am
Maybe The amount of weapon slots should be modable what do you say?

- Tek -
December 26, 2005, 5:06 am
What we need is totally new stuff. More in the close range /sword weaponry.

My idea was to have some swords that had ammo(or like player energy to swing the wep).

It would be like 3 swings, each with its own animation. Spice things up, instead of the simple knife stab, and arm punch that looks the same.

Deleted User
December 27, 2005, 10:39 am
How about 3 weapons in use.

1 weapon like... main weapon then 2 secodary's

Ruger/pistol/and like a new weapon

My opinion that would be cool...

Silentsoldier (******) XIII RULLES just like thiiiiis ( , )Y ( , )

- Tek -
December 28, 2005, 4:58 am
Yeah, one main gun, and 2 secondary weps? Gun or sword?

Actually, it would be cool to have sword as main.

DeLarge
December 28, 2005, 7:31 am
He doesn't have to modify them. New weapons can be added, if they're unique to the other weapons that is.

bl00dy_n0se
December 28, 2005, 12:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by - Tek -Plus we have 4 autos.

But I think we need a 6 shot magnum. ANother handgun it would be.

and a bazooka that's like a law, but you can control its movement.

Would be stupid imo. On small maps not very usefull and on bigger maps your soldier will be killed if he stands on one point all the time! I guess its just usefull and some situations in a 3on3

Silent Soldier
December 28, 2005, 5:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by - Tek -Yeah, one main gun, and 2 secondary weps? Gun or sword?

Actually, it would be cool to have sword as main.

I think Zipp0 means that maybe like in Battlefield, e.g. rifle, pistol & knife. :]

- Tek -
December 28, 2005, 6:25 pm
Well I was thinking that bazzoka would work similar to barret, have a zoom, but then we control the curve slightly.

Just that it would reload similar to law.

dr.ON
December 28, 2005, 6:25 pm
rocket luncher from ut2004
redmir from ut2004

santa
December 28, 2005, 8:55 pm
you can mod it.....but then you have to delete a gun.

DePhille
December 28, 2005, 9:31 pm
Let's try having the weapons balanced well before we add new weapons , otherwise the new version will just end up in a whine fest. They even made a whine forum for 1.3.1

Grtz , DePhille

Echo_Trail
December 28, 2005, 10:53 pm
yeah, i agree. I mean, mods actually adding a whining forum for 1.3.1. it kindo makes you think.

I too don't think we should add weapons. We got problems anough with the balence and the weapons itself as it is. what we really need is a standart setting. One that doesn't change every 2 weeks with every version.
If you want weapons, go try out Field Marshall BM's weapon mods. He really did a couple of good ones. I tried'em out a few times, and the weapons actually feels different.

Anyway, adding new weapons? I cannot support this..

peemonkey
December 28, 2005, 10:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by - Tek -...

But I think we need a 6 shot magnum. ANother handgun it would be....

so a 2 7 shot magnums then 1 6 shot magnum? i see no point.
if anything, we should have more weapon editing support. no real need to say what it is, as it's pretty obvious.

Deleted User
December 29, 2005, 6:42 pm
Thats the problem with modding in new weapons. Its only you and some people who use it, not the community trying it for change. I think a new batch of weapons in the next version isnt a bad idea at all, or atleast change the names and graphics of them, no worrying about balance whatsoever, and simply keep it at 3 sa's, 4 autos, 2 osk, and your 4 types of secondaries.

I mean, seeing the same thing over and over in each version is rather boring, if the weapons were changed and a few people didnt like them, as you all have said, "Make a mod then."

- Tek -
December 29, 2005, 7:21 pm
I just want a revolver handgun, that when reloading it drops all the 6 emptied rounds.

DePhille
December 29, 2005, 11:05 pm
Sounds like a colt python to me :)
It should travel short but hurt alot.

Though I'm happy with the current weapons.

Grtz , DePhille

- Tek -
December 30, 2005, 1:24 am
yeah colt too, Im quite unfamiliar with the terms.

DePhille
December 30, 2005, 6:06 pm
me too but that's just one name I remember.
The weapons don't necessarily have to be changed code-style.

How about releasing Soldat with a fresh weapons.ini and a new mod?
Alot of people already suggested that.

Grtz , DePhille

Reese35649
January 2, 2006, 1:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zipp0

"about" has nothing to do with it.

Rune
January 2, 2006, 1:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by Reese35649quote:Originally posted by Zipp0

So the advertising bots finally made it to these forums.

derBonobo
January 2, 2006, 8:08 pm
samurai sword FTW! Kill Bill-style.

Zegovia
January 2, 2006, 9:28 pm
I would gladly like to see a Revolver in soldat, I suggest a Freedom Arms 454 casull!!! four shots with power that surpases 44mag....

http://www.hunter.ru/gun/articles/images/revolvers1.jpg

Kaider
January 2, 2006, 11:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by Reese35649quote:Originally posted by Zipp0

How 3 weapons in use.

???

DeLarge
January 2, 2006, 11:54 pm
"About" has nothing to do with it.

Just kidding. No, we want two weapons in use.

Kaider
January 3, 2006, 12:00 am
I personally think three weapons would be pretty cool. Just as long as you can't replace the third weapon, the knife, with any other gun besides a knife. The third weapon would have to be a knife because the knife is now much more difficult to use now in the opinion of most people, and so that opinion has caused the percentage of knifers has gone down quite a bit. Myself, I don't use the knife, but I think it would be handy is a melee weapon last resort!

EDIT: Wow, Delarge. 230 posts? Starhunting much. I never was fond of your short replies.

Deleted User
January 3, 2006, 12:06 am
Off-Topic: Reese35649 is a bot for sure. Ban him.

On-Topic: We want more ways of editing the game, more tags to use (like Auto=yes , or Shotgun=yes (special shotgun reload logic) and what about ProneFireOnly=yes ) etc. . It could be a register-only feature (knowing michal :P).

DeLarge
January 3, 2006, 12:50 am
Yumago, how is Reese35649 is a "bot?"

~AcE~
January 3, 2006, 4:22 am
On-Topic::
I'd like more tags. Auto=1, ProneOnly=1, Shotgun=1, Chainsaw=1, Rambo=1, etc..
It'd definetly convince me to register.

Off-Topic::
I've never been fond of DeLarge's short, highly-critical, replies either, Kaider; but, everyone is entitled to an opinion and if everyone agreed on everything, how would there be room for change? It's not like you have to think what someone else does, =P

~AcE~
January 3, 2006, 4:24 am
On-Topic::
I'd like more tags. Auto=1, ProneOnly=1, Shotgun=1, Chainsaw=1, Rambo=1, etc..
It'd definetly convince me to register.

Off-Topic::
I've never been fond of DeLarge's short, highly-critical, replies either, Kaider; but, everyone is entitled to an opinion and if everyone agreed on everything, how would there be room for change? It's not like you have to think what someone else does, =P

Deleted User
January 3, 2006, 11:31 am
quote:Originally posted by DeLargeYumago, how is Reese35649 is a "bot?"

Well:

1. his post is not just off-topic, it makes no sense at all
2. The fact that his name contains a LOT of numerical characters
3. The fact that his signature contains links to gambling sites that are meant as advertising.

Take a look at these posts, do they make sense?

quote:Originally posted by Reese35649Hey, Thanks for the input... ;-)

quote:Originally posted by Reese35649quote:Originally posted by Ivan_the_Psycho
pl/ivans_site/downloads/Special-Operations_fixed_exe.

oh, yes. now "special" is all clear to me.

quote:Originally posted by Reese35649It wasn't planned, right?

quote:Originally posted by Reese35649quote:Originally posted by Officer_Bulbock
n00b weapon? Tread lightly Boxtop, tread lightly.

It's all about the "weapon".

These are examples of bots:

http://tiberiumsun.revora.net/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2503

http://tiberiumsun.revora.net/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2491

Lolly
January 4, 2006, 1:18 am
Add. Katana.

Me happy then. >_>

CrazyKid980
January 5, 2006, 2:57 pm
Yea, the revolver would be an excellent addition, it should reload like a pump gun would do, cause since it's reloaded bullet by bullet. Aren't revlovers 6-shot?

darkmatie
January 5, 2006, 8:09 pm
i think the weapons how they are , are fine
and if u dont like them, then plz go make a mod like you want it to be
and why 3 weapons? that will make switching weapons irritating
dont be greedy , 2 weapons is enough >:-)

nfsjunkie91
January 5, 2006, 9:52 pm
step 1:ban teh bot!
step 2:for a revolver, i think the Taurus 415T would be good, but that is personal preference.

oh yeah, i cna see it now. oh, yes. now "step 1:ban teh bot!" is all clear to me. uggh, [CENSORED]ing bots.

Jello
January 6, 2006, 5:53 am
The revolver has been suggested before, and I for one think it's a fine idea. I always thought of it as being a six shot magazine that could be reloaded as a spas would, bullet by bullet so to speak. It would probably have fairly good stopping power, although not as much as a spas. Probably a moderatly sized arc. The problem would be to distinguish it from the Deagles and Spas in a significant way.

John O
January 9, 2006, 9:27 pm
revolver sounds awesome. i couldnt care less what kind, but it should definetly be a 6 shooter with the shotgun style reload, tho a lot faster. basicall like the soccom, half the ammo, twice the bullet speed!

im not really for updating all the weapons. tho i could care less either way.

waht about adding an OICW? 3 round burst and can do the same croutching scope that the sniper can.

Zegovia
January 16, 2006, 9:56 am
quote:Originally posted by nfsjunkie91step 1:ban teh bot!
step 2:for a revolver, i think the Taurus 415T would be good, but that is personal preference.

oh yeah, i cna see it now. oh, yes. now "step 1:ban teh bot!" is all clear to me. uggh, [CENSORED]ing bots.

But the 415t is such a small revolver to bring up any kind of respect or affection, unless you make it go like the Cricket in MIB... ;P

Another BIG revolver, The 500mag revovler..
http://media.popularmechanics.com/images/sb_lg_magnum-lg.jpg

Or how about to go ol' school like, with the Colt single action army!
http://www.kouryinvestments.com/images/coltsa.jpg

Deleted User
January 16, 2006, 11:43 am
No we have enough Waepons now the balance is good

Zegovia
January 17, 2006, 8:10 am
Sorry ^^ is just that im quite a fan of revolvers... keh keh.... :P

John O
January 19, 2006, 7:20 pm
i dont see how a revolver could change the balance. the main weapons are all filled up 1-0, but another secondary could be cool. its sounds like a good complement to the soccom.

Drink Bloody Water
January 22, 2006, 2:29 pm
Umm..... Maybe a Sub Machine Gun? like the HK MP5 but probably stronger. Like a thompson :)

a-4-year-old
January 22, 2006, 5:06 pm
taint gonna happen.

Shadowlagger
January 23, 2006, 4:59 pm
The best idea would be to have night levels and such, with a secondary weapon as like, NightVision scope, which would make like a triangle that is lit up, that is where your viewer is. It'd be really sweet. Consider it.

DoberBoy
April 13, 2006, 4:46 pm
Sup fellas, hows it goin'. Seeing how this is my first post I just wanna begin by saying the Soldat is one sweet ass game! I was convinced to actually fork over the 9 to get it which is saying a lot cuz im incredibly cheap XP! But about the weapons I think it would be really sweet if you can dual wield the USSOCOM. That would own. They'd be like the Desert Eagles but faster an a lil weaker.

DoberBoy
April 13, 2006, 5:25 pm
I noticed there has been a lot of talk about the inclusion of swords in Soldat. I agree with this idea and wanted to take it a step furter. I say the sword should be like a katana and slashing with it depended on how you clicked on the mouse. For example, clicking it rapidly would in turn cause your soldier to slash about furiously. But if you were to hold down the button the player would charge the slash of the sword so when he released it a really sweet cresent slash a lot like Strider's will come out slicing the enemy in half and killing him instantly. And since its got more range and reach then the knife it would be able to slash through multiple enemies at once. That would kick ass!

DoberBoy
April 13, 2006, 5:46 pm
Oh yeah and if you ran with the sword while charging the slash youd go in to that really sweet ninja/samurai sprint, so the other added benefit of weilding the sword would be increaced speed. Finally, the last benefit of the sword would be the addition of defense because the sword wielders can deflect bullets!! HELLZ YEA! I know the hardcore knife fans would love this as well as others. Imagine how hardcore it would be to deflect the bullets from a minigun depending on the angle of their mouse and the speed/timing at which they clicked the mouse. Yes the deflecting bullet aspect would require skill cuz nothings worse than a weapon abusin noob! So whatchu guys think? Kick ass idea or ridiculous and lame?

rabidhamster
April 13, 2006, 6:48 pm
See this [IMAGE] magic button on your first post? USE IT.

jimmy7512
April 13, 2006, 7:47 pm
There is already a revolver in soldat, the Desert Eagles but when I first used them I never knew that they would be dual, never knew they would be that weak, I thought it would at least take a close shot to kill a person immediately, 2 shots moderate range to kill. I've never seen anyone use 2 guns unless they're strong people, Desert Eagles are very heavy and they seem very underpowered in soldat don't know why MM made them dual too, MM should've made the Desert Eagles held in 2 hands and made them at least comparable to the real life ones.

Swarmer
April 13, 2006, 9:08 pm
Deagles aren't revolvers, although they are magnums. But they are very powerful. At least in the game. 2-3 shots to kill is pretty good. If you want it to be one hit kill, then all weapons should be. 1 mp5 bullet to your head in real life would kill you. And this game isn't about being realistic. Yeah, dual wielding deagles is unrealistic, but a lot of other things are. If Barretts were realistic, you could fire them semi-auto (twice as fast as Ruger, too) and pretty much wipe out the entire team.

--Jake--
April 14, 2006, 12:36 am
Ok here's an even better idea...

Main weapons
6 shot magnum like someone else mentioned
Poisen dartblower (not very far range but takes off half of their health when they hit and 49% of whatever health is left over a period of time)
C4 explosives (hand detonated and makes an explosion 3x bigger than the 'nade and can be planted on enemy players)

Secondary weapons
Radar (shows up a small mini-map and evertime someone makes a loud noise a red pixel on the map shows up)
Homing missile (when you fire it will go in a straight line towards the nearest enemy?)
Mines

Mini Man
April 15, 2006, 6:50 pm
If your going to add new weapons, remove Minigun and add a new weapon there. The rest of the weapons are fine.

System_Decay
April 15, 2006, 7:59 pm
I think we should be able to add how many slots of weapons we want to use for a mod thus being able to make more weapons sure it will look weird for people who don't have the weapons gfx and interface but we can all figure out a way to dodge that also maybe team 1 team 2 weapons so counter strike mods and killzone mods would be better respecting the teams original weapons and not being mixed...but this is just one of those ideas that sound whacky.

a-4-year-old
April 15, 2006, 9:33 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Mini ManIf your going to add new weapons, remove Minigun and add a new weapon there. The rest of the weapons are fine.

but its the weapon from the terminator! IT CANNOT GO

Zegovia
April 16, 2006, 4:37 pm
I cant understand why people dont like the minigun, its just about one of the toughest weapons to master compared to all the other weapons... :/

Also i stand fast and pray to god that a revolver will take its place in the weaponary in soldat, even though it might never happen, its good to dream nevertheless.. ^^

Just a thought about the revolver:

You can make so you reload the entire cylinder of the revolver in one go using a speed loader...

http://www.sportingguns.com.au/image3/speedloaders.jpg

But it got a better feeling when you reload the bullets one by one, and then perhaps a short delay (like with the ruger after reload) with a cylinder spin sound:

"....*ka-clack*.....*click*, *click*, *click*, *click*, *click*, *click*....*Vrrrrrrrrrrr-clack!*.........

Deleted User
April 17, 2006, 7:22 am
I suggest ruger loading is one by one that will be cool :D!

Vampire Slayer Galford
May 6, 2006, 6:08 pm
When i read this i was all like good idea Examples:Napalm launcher-modifyed rocket laucher that was modifyed to fire napalms,Rocket laucher-just a plain old rocket launcher(duh fires rockets)

Eagles_Arrows
May 6, 2006, 6:42 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Vampire Slayer GalfordWhen i read this i was all like good idea Examples:Napalm launcher-modifyed rocket laucher that was modifyed to fire napalms,Rocket laucher-just a plain old rocket launcher(duh fires rockets)

Did you even bother to read Keron's post?

Deleted User
May 7, 2006, 11:02 am
what about a first aid pack which recovers health for team players/yourself only?
weapon mod is not the answer as team kill is the side effect