( search forums )
(moved) tab changing
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
December 25, 2005, 4:14 am
i have 3 computers...and on one of them now..when i switch tabs (like player,options,join game ect...)it lags up for like 5 full seconds before it will fully switch and i can interact on that tab...how can i fix this..im sure others have problems too

(no its not "slow computer" problems,i just bought this computer..had it custom built..aye so it is not this)

XAVALOONX
December 25, 2005, 4:35 am
why in the world do you need 3 computers?????????????

Deleted User
December 25, 2005, 4:42 am
LAN buddy ^_^...i have a dedicated lan server on one of them all the time , and other 2 are admins so i can join and stuff as i please and can change stuff from my other comps...but i dunno i just like the thought of an ongoing game..

Cookie.
December 25, 2005, 4:51 am
quote:Originally posted by XAVALOONXwhy in the world do you need 3 computers?????????????

Thats like asking why in the world I have 6 computers :\

nfsjunkie91
December 25, 2005, 4:52 am
well, my computer usually takes a couple of seconds, you shouldn't really worry about it.... my best guess is that it is "messy code". not really sure though.

and may i say, avaloonie, please refrain from spamming on these forums.

Shivorken
December 25, 2005, 4:56 am
mines is instant :D

Deleted User
December 25, 2005, 5:04 am
aye..i just want a way to fix this..it annoys the heck outta me

GAMEOVER
December 25, 2005, 5:41 am
check to see if anythings eating up your resources (ctrl+alt+delete)

DePhille
December 25, 2005, 9:52 am
XAVALOONX: You're signature is too large ( Signature Rules) and having 3 computers doesn't matter , I've also got 6 like Cookie.

Sethamundo: Does that 3rd PC with the problems happen to be the fastest computer? I have the problem here too , the faster the computer the longer it takes (Dunno if that is with everybody though). That's not really lag since you can already change things in the new tab while the light is still on the old tab.
->What I do know is that Soldat updates soldat.ini when you change tabs so maybe this has something to do with it.

Grtz , DePhille

bond_james_bond
December 25, 2005, 1:32 pm
Mine Takes about 2 sec... Sometimes it runs smoothly.

- Tek -
December 26, 2005, 5:03 am
Yeah, ctrl,alt,delete to bring up the task manager. See if you got corparation adware/spyware bs eating up your cpu power. I swear, I'd love to kill some of those people. Like why in the hell would I want a program constanly running in the corner when I don't need it? Slows everything down.

Deleted User
December 30, 2005, 9:09 pm
aye, the tab changing problem IS on my fastest computer...its a ninja but the only lag-type issues with soldat i EVER have is just the tab changing...and no actually i cant change stuff on one tab while the light is on another...i click a tab and have to wait like 5 seconds before i can do anyhting on the tab that i selected...its realllllyyyyyyy annoying.....yes i too would like to kill them tek.....adware ...spyware...viruses everyone who makes viruses needs to fall over dead..but anywayes.. :\

DePhille
January 2, 2006, 10:28 am
Fact (as I mentioned above): All settings are written to the soldat.ini file when you change a tab.

Try this:
- How much free space you got on the HardDisk with Soldat (In % and in GB) , RAM memory and CPU (preferably brand and type instead of clockspeed).
- Does your HardDisk make noise when you click a tab (ie: Is working)
- If you have a 10000 RPM HardDisk (like a raptor) , is it also lagging at your PC then? Does it go alot faster than a 7200RPM (standard) HardDisk?

My answers:
- 10Gb (12.5% free) , 1GB RAM , AMD3500+
- Yes , but not the whole waiting time , only like 50%-75% of the waiting time.

Maybe it just takes a bit longer to write stuff on the harddisk.

Grtz , DePhille