( search forums )
A Soldat Chat Program
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
nfsjunkie91
December 25, 2005, 10:43 pm
I think it would be pretty cool if you could access a server with a remote program other than soldat, so you could chat with the people on that server. it would take up a spectator slot, but would not require any graphics rendering at all, strictly text, so that if you were at school, or on a computer that lacks the ability to run soldat, you could still talk to ppl. meh, just a thought.

Just realized that this is almost the same as crazykid's topic, 'cept his idea is better. sorry.

Deleted User
December 25, 2005, 10:45 pm
How about you do work.

Echo_Trail
December 26, 2005, 1:28 am
though this idea is 100% irrelevant, it sounds fun. And i like it:D
But i'd get irritated when playing, and a couple of guys keeps adding loads of text in game. And they will, 'cause what else would they do. Anyway, as a playing soldat, you should be able to toggle mute/unmute to certain persons and even the hole spectator-chatzor team..
And, btw, i think we should have this in common soldat. Mute/unmute someone. It'd be nice, 'cause sometimes ppl just don't know when to shut up.
Well, i'll just shut up right away.
Echo out

Deleted User
December 26, 2005, 1:42 am
dunno... too easy to be flooded by text

nfsjunkie91
December 26, 2005, 2:20 am
well, then there should only be a few slots, remember that it would take up spectator slots, or maybe there could be a whole new slots amount for the chat program (if made).

Lupine1647
December 26, 2005, 8:36 pm
Instead of just making an entire new chat program. Just use the IRC protocol for this. And if someone is just flooding text, then add the ability to mute someone either via globally using the voting system or ability to mute someone locally.

Saint-Cross
December 27, 2005, 4:29 pm
Then it'd turn into something like Diablo chatrooms, with flood bots trying to sell you things, clan bots advertising, I don't like this idea.

Chakra`
December 27, 2005, 4:48 pm
Just use IRC man. Theres a java chat script on www.soldat.pl which'll connect you to qnet.

DeLarge
December 28, 2005, 7:49 am
Available chat cilents you can use:

X-Fire
MSN Messenger
Yahoo! Instant Messenger

Running a chat cilent and Soldat simultaneously might cause your ping to increase. This isn't certain, but end any unecessary program running in the background that is a RAM hog.