( search forums )
for god sake, the weapons limit!!!!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
matapatos
December 25, 2005, 11:20 pm
correct me if im wrong, but it isnt possible to put a limit to weapons use, is it?

I mean, a server cant set a maximum of 2 m79 per team, and 2 barret per team,etc,etc.

Al its possible now is to disable the usage of certain weapons, and not the limit used by players....right?

I mean, this would solve all problems about barrtes and m79. I dont think the problem is because they make one shot kills, but because there are to many of them using them on a single server...

To be able to set limits would solve everything...

MisterX
December 25, 2005, 11:23 pm
Yup, has been suggested. There could be 2 ways of implementing this: Either you can set the percentage of a team's players who can pick the gun as their "spawn weapon", or it would be limited to specific numbers - or both!
I hope this will be in, although a fine balance for M79 needs a higher priority :)

XAVALOONX
December 26, 2005, 1:39 am
I think having like only 1/2 people on every team has the chance to hold m79 or barret but if you hate them that bad i would just take them off the list when you create a game.

Deleted User
December 26, 2005, 4:00 am
I suggested this oh so long ago. Got shot down. :'(

Deleted User
December 26, 2005, 6:57 pm
I'm in major support of this..
To many 1 shop wep tards out there

Gortaak
December 26, 2005, 7:32 pm
i dunno tho, cause i only really like 2 guns with this new version, and if i get screwed in not being able to use my ak that will fking suck really bad

Leo
December 26, 2005, 8:19 pm
I fully support this idea.

XAVALOONX
December 26, 2005, 10:06 pm
Well alot of people agree so i would try to talk to moderators or whoever.

matapatos
December 27, 2005, 9:54 am
Gortaak....who would set limits to Ak :P.

Although it would be possible, i realy doubt any server would limit the usageof AK. Probably only minigun, m79,barrets,chainsaw,law......that would be the ones who would be upon weapon limits most often.

Gortaak
December 27, 2005, 10:24 am
but then eventually if you limit all of those guns people are gonna over use the ak, and its gonna be the same [CENSORED] over and over, just let it go, even tho tons of 79s are annoying as piss, but if there are enuf of them i just go to a different server..

Rooster
December 28, 2005, 3:27 am
So, what if i want to use a specific weapon and i cant, this ruins the fun of soldat, picking your faivorite weapon that you've 'trained' with endlessly and killing people in publics with. So i have to be forced to use an auto or somthing? I dont want to because you lot cant simply change servers to one with pros?

What about clanwars huh? it's gonna force people to use guns wich dont suit that level, if you put faith in this suggestion you're a noob and you have no idea how a real game of soldat is played. If you dont like being m79'd by every person in the server, CHANGE!

m00`
December 28, 2005, 3:55 am
quote:Originally posted by Rooster
What about clanwars huh? it's gonna force people to use guns wich dont suit that level, if you put faith in this suggestion you're a noob and you have no idea how a real game of soldat is played.

in clan wars, simply turn off weapons limiting

quote:If you dont like being m79'd by every person in the server, CHANGE!

[retard]if you dont like weapon limiting servers, CHANGE![/retard

Deleted User
December 28, 2005, 4:06 am
Rooster:

This would solve almost every problem in publics without messing up the currently beautiful clanwar balance.

Most clanwars are 3v3.. If you put the default limit at 33%, that just means each person on teh team has to use a different weapon, which is mostly the case right now anyways. And those clans where all 3 use the same weapons are considered "lame" anyways.

This suggestion would not do much to clanwars, but would solve the problem on public servers. no more than 33% of people (rounded up) on a team can use the same weapon. that probably means in a 5v5 pub, only 2 people per team can use same weapon, and in clanwars of 3v3, only 1 person. In 4v4 clanwars, 2 people can use same weapon... so thats not really hurt.

And what this suggestion also does is add more strategy into clanwars. Right now there are some phases of weapon usage. For example, 2 autos usually main route, semi or 1-hit lower route. If both teams holding flag, 2 m79 to boost or 2 1-hit's to return flag, if you cannot get 2 m79's, you have to decide whos going to try to m79 boost and return, or whos going to be using auto to defend flag carrier while the other tries to return. This is really good as it adds "specialization" into clanwars. This is also especially a good solution for certain maps... for example, Viet with 3 minimes is fixed, Nuubia with 3 1-hits is fixed, Run with 2 rugers is fixed. Clans have to decide who will do the best with each weapon... and also, this may even bring back defending into clanwars (which was one of my favorite aspects in 1.1.5). Now its just more advantageous to get 2 ak's or 2 minimes or 2 mp5's and rush rush rush... If you limit weapon usage to 1 per person per team, you might see more tactics.

Btw, not really related but I hope spray is taken care of in next version.

The reason this idea is so good is because the current weapon balance in clanwars is the best it has been since I started the game. Rather than risking messing up that balance or creating new problems, you can solve it so nicely with this idea.

- Tek -
December 28, 2005, 4:51 am
AFK's needs to disconnect faster, if there is no input happening.

This is related to this, since an AFKer could have my deagles!

..that [CENSORED]..

Rooster
December 28, 2005, 2:52 pm
To be honest in australian soldat this is hardly an issue and to think that i join my faivorite server want to do some deagling and cant, well sir that's just not cricket. Fair enough i could change servers but the one i play in regulary is basically a pro server as it is passworded so you basically only know it if you've been in the community long enough (yes we get some 'major' noobs who somehow stumble onto the pass). True that a server full of m79's is retarded and this 'feature' would stop it and in the end i've probably caved into the idea being clearly outnumbered... but i have never experianced this in a decent server with good players.

Clan wars, Poop : what you suggested happens in clan wars regaurdless of the 'weapons limiting', in my opinion it's up to the clan and skill of the players in it working as a team to come up with a better strategy instead of being forced into one. If the enemy clan wants to go 3 minimis going top and they lose because of it it's their own fault.

Moo : I'm not sure how i'm supposed to change servers without weapons limiting on it when it doesn't even exist yet if you'd care to explain how i am to do so then please do it, because i'm waiting you know? I really want to hear how you change to a server without it when it doesnt exist yet. You see the problem with mass barrets & m79 etc allready exists and you can simply change to a better one(server), where as if this is going to be implimented all servers will have it no questions asked so i dont see how i'm supposed to change to one without it, dumbass.

person
December 28, 2005, 5:12 pm
Can you people stop saying things like "this suggestion... adds more strategy"? It doesn't, it only limits the possible strategies!

I don't see how this is going to improve the game in any significant way... My suggestion of making the M79 a 2 shot kill is a far greater solution to the problem which is the m79.
It'd be good as an option for mods maybe, but doing this simply because noobs whore the M79? I don't fucking think so.

I'm not against this simply out of some misplaced fear of the uncertain, rather the fact that in future versions something like this should not be needed just to play a normal game of Soldat. Jesus christ.

2 shot kill m79: less camping (which i have seen in clan wars... pathetic), more skill, more fun :)

Deleted User
December 28, 2005, 6:27 pm
2 shot kill m79: more skill, more fun, more dumb :)

I really like the weapon limiting idea. If you're going to complain about it, why don't you complain about a servers ability to turn off weapons in the menu. Why aren't you complainig about that "restricting strategy"?

person
December 28, 2005, 6:36 pm
Because the only weapon that isn't used is the minigun, and that's because it causes lag. Thank you, come again.

And saying my idea is "more dumb", as you put it, doesn't account for the fact that most hand grenades in the game kill instantly less than 50% of the time.
But as long as we're agreeing that it'd be more fun, why not?

*edited
because it's 5am and didn't take heed of the sentences actual meaning

Deleted User
December 28, 2005, 6:47 pm
I use the minigun yo foo' -_-

How the hell would an M79 not kill you on a direct hit? How fast would these two shots fire? What would stop people spraying these two shells around like explosive gods? What colour are my underpants?

person
December 29, 2005, 2:32 am
a) It's a game... there are plenty of unrealistic weapon characteristics already present.
b) It'd still have just the one shot per reload, with probably a slightly faster reload. It wouldn't be as bad as spray with the current M79.

Deleted User
December 29, 2005, 6:16 pm
You mean, a one shot kill weapon without the one shot kill? That would be the most useles weapon ever.

Rune
December 29, 2005, 6:40 pm
Great idea, this would add a lot of diversity to clan wars, prolly wouldn't work very well in publics though.

- Tek -
December 29, 2005, 7:17 pm
Then we'd have to decrease nade damage as well.

Its a weapon that explodes, it should be a one shot kill.

Otherwise make it a 2 shot kill and shorten the reload time.

Rooster
December 31, 2005, 1:33 am
Lets get rid of jets aswell cause it's unrealistc!

person
December 31, 2005, 1:43 am
Hand grenades are already almost useless if you want an instant kill. It's a balance problem, not an aesthetic one.

- Tek -
December 31, 2005, 4:09 am
fine make it 99% damage then.

PerfectCircle
December 31, 2005, 9:06 am
We'd get the noob wave from the pubs coming here to [CENSORED] about the fact that they "can't pick barret or m79, there's a bug in my soldat, waaaaa." Basically, people would stop playing certain servers or if all free-restriction servers were full they would not play certain servers which wastes a lot of good people's money; here comes the point: which ain't a good idea.

2 shot kill m79 would make no sense, forget realism. Grenades launched at stuff usually kill the stuff they're launched at.

person
December 31, 2005, 11:41 am
So do bullets. Your point?

Deleted User
December 31, 2005, 11:41 am
If it could be editable.
I mean if server could make how much guns u can use I support this very much.