( search forums )
inf_Shell w/ Screenshots w/o Bots yet
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
b00stA
March 2, 2003, 5:40 pm
My first map ever released.
The theme was intended to be a shell, but oh well :)
Bot support is about to come, let's see.

Please let me know what you think about it.
Nice fact to know about: It was imported from the old PMP format (1.0.5) to PMS :)

[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

Download http://home.arcor.de/b00stA/maps/inf_shell/inf_shell.zip

Evolution
March 2, 2003, 5:45 pm
ok that is one NICE map!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
please post it here when you have waypoints!!!!
(IT IS SHUWWEEEET!!!!)

sauron_the_deceiver
March 2, 2003, 6:27 pm
i have to say that it is the first real 1.1.2 looking map. no waypoints yet though :'[

Razumen
March 2, 2003, 9:22 pm
Very nice idea Boosta, should be an interesting play. However here's a few tips, select all you polygons and hit the 'fix textures' button, this will make them blend together much better and get rid of the texture stretching. And if you're feeling real adenturous try putting a little shading on the trianlge to give it a little 3d look.

b00stA
March 2, 2003, 9:26 pm
Actually I stretched them myself because it looked boring/plain.
Shading, I'm gonna try, let's see :)

Dustbag
March 2, 2003, 10:07 pm
NICE! The effect given by the stretch thing is awesome...gives some 3D feeling... it's a damn good layout too, but I wonder about how fast people can get to te center from the outer rim...because if one guy camps the center, everybody respawning at the other end can just be really pissed that they have to move for 30 seconds and maybe get killed and doing the distance again...but it's only my opinion...

shangzung
March 2, 2003, 10:09 pm
Holy [:-censored] you stretched the [:-censored] [:-censored] [:-censored]! It looks so great [:-censored]ing nice nice nice! The stretching idea is wow! [:-censored]ing goood map. I´ll play that now.

Flanagan
March 3, 2003, 7:08 am
b00sta, I love you. Can I bear your children???
That is a sweet map. I dont' think that the texture un-stretching and the shading is anything special. I think that it can detract from the maps, so I say leave it as it is. I haven't tried botting with the new version, but the platforms to hop/jet across seem like they will be difficult. Work on it though.

b00stA
March 3, 2003, 4:27 pm
Sniperz, Razumen: I know how to "fix" this but I don't want it. They weren't stretched by resizing polygons, I stretched them myself with the stretch option.
If I want a ordinary map like everyone else's with shading etc I'm gonna tell you. Sorry :)

Flanagan: Thanks, and yes the bot pathing is hard on this map, since I don't know much about pathing, too.