( search forums )
A question
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
Pride
December 27, 2005, 3:35 am
Is it possible to add something onto the back of your gostek? I need to know this because I am attempting to add wings to a gostek for a mod that I'm working on. Thanks.

~AcE~
December 27, 2005, 4:44 am
Well, you could mofify the 'klata' gostek, but that would simply displace the gostek farther outwards due to the manner in which they are drawn in game. If you're making some folded wings, and they aren't stretched too far from his body, try simply modifying the 'klata' and 'klata2'. If not, try the thigh gosteks.

If you're looking for a wing that hangs lifelessly and can be removed in the 'Player' settings, modify the chains.

If you're looking for animated wings ( to replace jetpacks, etc..) then add the wings to the 'lecistopa' by pasting a full gostek ( rotated 90* ) in that file, adding your wings, and removing the gostek. Then, the wings will only show when you take flight. However, they may not line up perfectly with the body.

I may make a mod concerning this, and only this, just to show what I mean a little better.

Hope I helped,

~AcE~

- Tek -
December 28, 2005, 5:10 am
Actually, I none of that will work. Trust me.
The chains swing around, your wings wont be stationary, and it wont make sense.

You cant make certain gosteks too big or they displace.

Drawing a full thing on the shoes in jet mod would really diplace that all.

Try it you'll see.

Pride
December 28, 2005, 6:03 am
quote:Originally posted by PrideIs it possible to add something onto the back of your gostek? I need to know this because I am attempting to add wings to a gostek for a mod that I'm working on. Thanks.

Ok I have found out that it is, to my knowledge to do this. Thank you Tek for furthering this claim.

~AcE~
December 28, 2005, 10:15 pm
Arg. . . Dosen't anyone post in full sentences anymore??

Anyways, I know they'd be displaced and such. Other than being displaced, it should work. The chain file would cause them to flap about too much, I agree. I suppose you shouldn't rotate them 90* in the lecistopa file, as well.

Ah well. Might I ask what type of mod you're making, Pride? I'm rather interested to know why you would need wings in the first place.