( search forums )
Assasination...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Zegovia
December 27, 2005, 2:21 pm
This has been suggested before, im quite sure of it, but in a game named "Gunz: the duel" there whas a pretty nifty way of doing it.

The match will be played in rounds, like in survival, one player on each team will be given a glowing aura in apropriate team colour.

The goal is to kill the opposite side's glowing player, do this and your team will get a point and a new round will begin, also a new glowing player will be randomly selected.

while playing it will be just as crucial to protect your glowing dude just as trying to kill the one on the other team...

Any thoughts or ideas?

vash763
December 27, 2005, 2:25 pm
So ctf with a crazy flag that has a gun?

Sounds like fun to me.

Zegovia
December 27, 2005, 2:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by vash763So ctf with a crazy flag that has a gun?

Sounds like fun to me.

That sure whas a more simple way to describe it......yeah... XD

Deleted User
December 27, 2005, 3:44 pm
And what when only glowing players will survive?
I quess they must attack each other.

Deleted User
December 27, 2005, 6:05 pm
Ive played Gunz before, fun on there, probably could be even more fun here. :D I like.

numgun
December 27, 2005, 8:05 pm
hmmm, just a regular polyworks ma.... no wait a minute?!

good idea!

Echo_Trail
December 27, 2005, 10:35 pm
Yeah, this sounds cool.
The FlagCarrier should have the regeneration ability like in RAMBO mode.

- Tek -
December 28, 2005, 4:59 am
What soldat needs is wallrunning,a nd double jumping like gunz, without the jets, in some special mode.

Deleted User
December 28, 2005, 5:25 am
I like the idea :)

lithium
December 28, 2005, 6:20 am
Really great idea, this would be fun as hell trying to protect your guy and kill the enemy's. I'd like to see this implemented.

Deleted User
December 28, 2005, 6:54 am
YES PLEASE.

DeLarge
December 28, 2005, 7:42 am
Gunz is complete trash. I don't pay attention to Asian made games. My tip: if you'd like to suggest a new game mode, be sure to make it relevant.

Zegovia
December 29, 2005, 3:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by DairyAnd what when only glowing players will survive?
I quess they must attack each other.

Yeah they do, and its really anoying when the glowing dude is the only one left alive on the team....

quote:Originally posted by - Tek -What soldat needs is wallrunning,a nd double jumping like gunz, without the jets, in some special mode.

i find it kinda hard to run on walls in a 2d game, unless you are referring to when they run up on the walls....

quote:Originally posted by DeLargeGunz is complete trash. I don't pay attention to Asian made games. My tip: if you'd like to suggest a new game mode, be sure to make it relevant.

To be even more correct, its Korean made...^^

I think Gunz is a really nifty game, and ive been always thinking of how it would be with an assasination oriented gamemode for soldat... and so far, Gunz has the best way to do it yet..

And the gamemode doesnt have to be Precisley like in gunz, im free for any sort of suggestions and ideas...;)

DeLarge
December 29, 2005, 8:31 pm
Well I said "Asian made games" didn't I? So, Koreans are the portion of Asia.

nfsjunkie91
December 31, 2005, 1:00 am
i like this idea, but in regards to rambo-style regenerating of health, if implemented, it should only recover 15-25% as fast as it does in rambo.

EDIT: delarge for moderator, so he can have a reason to justify his attacks on the other people's (lack of) forum etiquette!

Scrooge
January 1, 2006, 9:58 am
kool

DeLarge
January 1, 2006, 9:59 am
Do you mind doing single-word letters?

Zegovia
January 1, 2006, 2:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeLargeWell I said "Asian made games" didn't I? So, Koreans are the portion of Asia.

I know that, i just wanted make it even more correct.. ^^

Lolly
January 1, 2006, 11:42 pm
quote:Gunz is complete trash. I don't pay attention to Asian made games. My tip: if you'd like to suggest a new game mode, be sure to make it relevant.

OMG! [/random]

Kaider
January 2, 2006, 1:02 am
quote:Originally posted by DeLargeGunz is complete trash. I don't pay attention to Asian made games. My tip: if you'd like to suggest a new game mode, be sure to make it relevant.

What is your definition of relevancy to Soldat? If you don't pay attention to any Asian made game, most of the Earth's video games are made in Japan. around 90% of the games they make stay in Asia anyway, so not many "outsiders" get to see alot of those games, and yet many video games released today in a different region of the world are made in Asia. Also if you dont pay attention to any Asian made game, how would you know Gunz is trash, if you haven't even bothered to at least try it? I'm not defending Gunz or anything, I haven't even played it, it just makes no sense to me when people blindfire with opinions!

rabidhamster
January 2, 2006, 2:21 am
here are my ideas.

i would like to see the "chosen" player either be identified by:
- bearing a white (or black) flag. when that player dies, the flag would catch fire, and then turn to ash about 10 seconds later. the fire would have the same properties of flamer fire, with the ability to set other players on fire (and possibly start a chain reaction). or,
- glowing. the glow would be a .png file entitled glow in the sparks-gfx folder (to allow cool alphachannel-related effects). the glow could be a colorized version of the glow.png file, maybe the same color as the team (even in clanmatch).

i would also like the console to notify all the people currently playing on that map. for example, Delta team is out of the round, or something like that.

i support echo's idea with the regenerating health. this would add another interesting twist to the gameplay and might increase its popularity.

CrazyKid980
January 2, 2006, 2:58 am
Sounds like fun, double-vip! the regenerating health would give the aura man a chance to survival a million players running after him lol.

m00`
January 2, 2006, 3:48 am
and the vip should have a chainsaw

Hoodlum
January 2, 2006, 3:49 am
Nice idea.

Zegovia
January 2, 2006, 5:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by m00`and the vip should have a chainsaw

I think thats up to the player to decide... XD

Kaider
January 2, 2006, 7:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zegoviaquote:Originally posted by m00`and the vip should have a chainsaw

I think thats up to the player to decide... XD

Just as long as the VIP doesn't have a LAW xD

Zegovia
January 2, 2006, 8:49 pm
I got a further idea, how about the team that does wins gets extra points for the total of numbers of members that survived?

EmperorofChoas
January 11, 2006, 12:04 am
quote:Originally posted by ZegoviaThis has been suggested before, im quite sure of it, but in a game named "Gunz: the duel" there whas a pretty nifty way of doing it.

The match will be played in rounds, like in survival, one player on each team will be given a glowing aura in apropriate team colour.

The goal is to kill the opposite side's glowing player, do this and your team will get a point and a new round will begin, also a new glowing player will be randomly selected.

while playing it will be just as crucial to protect your glowing dude just as trying to kill the one on the other team...

Any thoughts or ideas?
kinda sounds like halo's jerggernant

Augustus
January 11, 2006, 12:29 am
I wonder if the "VIPs", as they've been called, should be restricted in the weapons they can choose. This would force them to rely on their team, and likewise force their team to protect them.

Gortaak
January 12, 2006, 1:02 am
quote:Originally posted by EmperorofChoasquote:Originally posted by ZegoviaThis has been suggested before, im quite sure of it, but in a game named "Gunz: the duel" there whas a pretty nifty way of doing it.

Any thoughts or ideas?

no thats more like Rambo...

Zegovia
January 12, 2006, 8:48 am
quote:Originally posted by AugustusI wonder if the "VIPs", as they've been called, should be restricted in the weapons they can choose. This would force them to rely on their team, and likewise force their team to protect them.

Perhaps.... but it would kinda bite if the VIP is left alone against the remaining 70% of the other team with just the soccom for example?

EmperorofChoas
January 12, 2006, 9:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by Gortaakquote:Originally posted by EmperorofChoasquote:Originally posted by ZegoviaThis has been suggested before, im quite sure of it, but in a game named "Gunz: the duel" there whas a pretty nifty way of doing it.

Any thoughts or ideas?

no thats more like Rambo...
nah dude it's just like halo....one person is super powered and the others r on a team tryin to kill him

Zegovia
January 13, 2006, 8:51 am
My idea whas that the VIP should be Non-overpowered..... or weaker to make things thougher..... :P

thelag
January 19, 2006, 8:23 am
What about a mode where each team starts in the same way with the flags in the usual place, but team members can pick up their own flag and move with it, as in infiltration. Whoever is holding the flag gets an hp regen. The flag can be thrown or tossed aside to be returned home as usual. A score might be when the enemy flag, is brought home and scored in the usual way, as the friendly flag is also at the base; or the enemy flag when taken may be pushed to the enemy base where the flagger must go to score (making the game like double infiltration, or really ctf with the flags reverse and a healing power of the flag). Or, a point is scored and the flag returned whenever a person on one team controls both flags.

This is very similar to what's been discussed, but it fits more with the rest of soldat.

Zegovia
January 19, 2006, 8:50 am
quote:Originally posted by thelagWhat about a mode where each team starts in the same way with the flags in the usual place, but team members can pick up their own flag and move with it, as in infiltration. Whoever is holding the flag gets an hp regen. The flag can be thrown or tossed aside to be returned home as usual. A score might be when the enemy flag, is brought home and scored in the usual way, as the friendly flag is also at the base; or the enemy flag when taken may be pushed to the enemy base where the flagger must go to score (making the game like double infiltration, or really ctf with the flags reverse and a healing power of the flag). Or, a point is scored and the flag returned whenever a person on one team controls both flags.

This is very similar to what's been discussed, but it fits more with the rest of soldat.

I think there are enough modes in soldat wich are oriented around holding/brining/stealing/protecting/killing while holding flags in order to win. :P

With assasination you wont need one, unless you want to mark the VIP with one, i suggested before that a glowing aura should do the job nice. ;)

Unless you can make it so that the VIP is NOT marked, so you will never know wich is the right one, untill you have killed him, the team will however have a marker on ther teams VIP so they know whos the target, but not on your enemys VIP.... :D

Crazy Cuban
January 21, 2006, 6:20 am
wow, this is a great idea,
GOOD GOING ZEGOVIA!

THUMBS UP!

Drink Bloody Water
January 24, 2006, 12:04 pm
I like the sound of it...But Barett would be overused too much

Deleted User
January 24, 2006, 12:48 pm
Good idea Zegovia

Flying_Dutchman
January 24, 2006, 3:44 pm
My suggestion is the VIP should only have a soccom since it's a VIP, and not a soldier like the rest of the players.

Deleted User
January 24, 2006, 4:23 pm
I love this idea, cmon implement it :D lol..

- Tek -
January 25, 2006, 6:21 am
this reminded me of splinter cell's special mode. Where one team got the guns and were teh guards, and the other team got the dark clothes and nightvision.

livingdalife
January 26, 2006, 9:08 pm
Sounds cool btw delarge, ur a noob, let these guys say wat they think. If u got something bad to say about something, don't say it. (ban him for two weeks plz)

echo
January 27, 2006, 12:36 pm
I'm 2 lazy to search but I think it has been sugested before as "Protect the victim" or something similar. It would work like if both of teams had the opponent's flag so you would have to protect yours but get the other at same time. I like it.

Deleted User
February 1, 2006, 5:34 pm
I think the Idea would be wicked, but i think that like some guy said there could be the flag that the assasin wears, he dies, it drops, if not recovered in 10 seconds by the team mate (who would become the second victim) the game ends and the team that killed the guy wins.

I also think that the 'Victim' should have less of a weapins selection like having only
AK
STEYR AUG
MP5
SPAS
SOCOM
CHAINSAW
KNIFE

Mini G Master
March 31, 2006, 4:09 pm
Nu-uh.I'm a little against recovering,that way the games would be longer.(I noticed the 10 second limit ok)

Kick barrets/m79s outta the way.

Quote: Zegovia said:
Unless you can make it so that the VIP is NOT marked, so you will never know wich is the right one, untill you have killed him, the team will however have a marker on ther teams VIP so they know whos the target, but not on your enemys VIP.... :D

That ways we could just beat the heck outa everybody eh?

Koon
March 31, 2006, 4:17 pm
I think this would be better if it was inflitration style where only one team has to protect a guy and the other has to kill him.

Rusty_Screw
April 2, 2006, 1:13 am
I definetaly agree with this, hope it gets put in the game!

Deleted User
April 2, 2006, 6:27 am
Why not just call it president.
It's the exact same..but theres two teams with presidents..

jettlarue
April 4, 2006, 4:33 am
couldnt this just be implemented on a custom server. such as when a new game is started it randomly chooses 2 people and make it a ctf map and change them to charlie and delta maybe. but also have the server make alpha not hurt delta and brava cant hurt charlie and vice versa. then store the two names in a variable and then detect when one of them died and add a point to whoever team won. someone who knows a lot about soldat servers please tell me if an approach like this would be possible

TheKhakinator
April 7, 2006, 9:20 am
Asian made games are fine. Don't be prejudiced.