( search forums )
Just a little, friendly comment about the knife
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - 1.3.1 related complaints and/or whining -NO BUGS-
Swarmer
December 27, 2005, 3:31 pm
The charge up time is cool, but it's almost impossible to use effectively with the default controls. If you're alpha, you are going to be running to the right, by pressing 'd'. Releasing your index finger to press 'f' for the time it takes to throw a long ranged knife makes you stop moving. I'm too used to default controls, so this little problem is kind of killing my motivation to use the knife.

I guess I could change throw to spacebar. It will take some time getting used to. But the point is, the default controls should be the primary setup considered when changing weapon properties. This is to help out a lot of newbies.

The Geologist
December 27, 2005, 6:11 pm
I don't really agree with you, if only for the fact that so many people don't use the default controls that it would be haphazard to consider them so readily. Just focus on the properties of the knife, people playing should be able to adjust the controls to whichever style suits them the best. I moved my drop wep. key to my mouse wheel, for example.

SouL AssassiN
December 27, 2005, 6:43 pm
meeh, i agree with u geologist, my fingers are big and flexible, i can press both d and f..at once.. so i doesnt really bother me that much,i dont hv to change the control

- Tek -
December 28, 2005, 4:47 am
You simply slide over you hand by a key's distance. Then you got index on F, and the middle on D.

Depends if you can hit D,F, and another direction at the same time. I haven't checked, but you probably can use all those keys at same time.

Its jsut that most keyboards don't allow you to use 3 keys at a time, because of their circuits, it'll beep. (makes it hard to play MK on ZSNES)

Darkwing
December 28, 2005, 5:37 am
i play my soldat with a unique claw system which i developed while playing deus ex online

it uses the little finger to hit A or Q
second finger for W and s
Middle for D or E ( i can usually get nade button while running)
and then i have a finger spare for pressing talk, drop weapon, and some taunts.