( search forums )
ctf_arise
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Soulsnipa
December 27, 2005, 3:39 pm

ctf_arise
by SoulSnipa --and Serial Killer (scenery)

Description: One of my earlier maps, recently remade into a snow map. The wonderful scenery was made by Serial Killer. To me, I would download the map just for them! Anyway the map may be confusing and big, hopefully its not too bad. If it is however, let me know and I will update it to be smaller if Polyworks ever allows resizing of objects and waypoints. I attempted waypoints but the chances the bots will cap are slim. Since the map is vertical its kinda difficult. Anyway if anyone want to fix them let me know. Enjoy this map as its a little bigger than the rest.. For additional information click here.

Overview:
[IMAGE]
http://sml.u13.net/maps/overview/arise.JPG.jpg

Download: Click Here

Make sure to rate my map: Click Here

Any further comments? Click Here

Post "automated" by SML
--Please visit SML for more maps/resources/tutorials: http://sml.u13.net

nfsjunkie91
December 27, 2005, 8:45 pm
:o
wow, looks amazing

Deleted User
December 27, 2005, 9:04 pm
That has to be the most unbalanced map ever made.

Elemental
December 27, 2005, 9:08 pm
Reminds me of that Htf map.. O.o

Soulsnipa
December 28, 2005, 12:33 am
how is it unbalanced...whatever red has to do coming down, they have to do going back

karmazonpl
December 28, 2005, 12:35 am
Beautiful looking

numgun
December 28, 2005, 2:52 am
and another regular polyworks map... *double yawn*

Deleted User
December 28, 2005, 2:58 am
quote:Originally posted by Soulsnipahow is it unbalanced...whatever red has to do coming down, they have to do going back

On there way down they can easily get head shots on bravo, and while they retreat with the flag they can still get those head shots. Meanwhile, bravo has to suffer from gravity's effect on lead as they try to climb to alpha's base.

Edit:Ooo 555 posts, how pretty.

Soulsnipa
December 28, 2005, 4:52 am
Well it hasnt been made before, I dont want all my maps looking/playing the same. If its thats much of a difference on the gameplay just give bravo one extra player.

Yukwunhang
December 28, 2005, 4:59 am
It doesn't help any. Some random nade spam could kill 3 at a time..uh.. especially on this map. Besides, it's not a CTF map anymore.. more like an INF map.

Soulsnipa
December 28, 2005, 5:05 am
so would it be better to change the name to inf_arise? and switch the teams so red has to go up?

Silent Soldier
December 28, 2005, 9:27 am
Nah, I like the CTF version, but you can of course release two versions of the same map.

TeRRoRinFANt
December 28, 2005, 4:32 pm
Perhaps this would indeed be better as an INF map... The looks are, however, very tasty.

Deleted User
December 28, 2005, 8:52 pm
Woot. very nice layout and the texture is awesome.
But it really looks unbalanced for down-team.