( search forums )
.::¤Special Operations Mod |2.0|¤::.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your totally 1337 mods!
Deleted User
December 27, 2005, 9:48 pm
Special Operations Mod
By Field Marshal BM

Notice: Please read this entire post before commenting, so as to avoid questions that are answered in this post. Thank you

Special Operations Mod focuses on the special forces side of modern war, and lets you play as either Allied forces or Terrorists. I Have changed all weapons, added completely new sounds that I have scavanged from my hardrive. (so if you hear a sound that is yours then dont think I'm trying to take credit for it.. I Have also made alternate versions for every primary, and some secondary weapon including silenced versions for some of the weapons. I have also changed the gosteks, and have 10 different gosteks that you can choose from, including two gray scale gosteks, meaning they will show any color chosen. I have also changed the interface, with some of the materials that come with the custom interfaces, and a completely new reload bar interface and cursor, drawn by me. I have also added two custom maps, 3 bots, and many more changes that will change soldat completely (with the execption of a few interface peices I.e deaddot etc). The mod is all put together in Ivan The Psychos mod config, if you don't know how to work it, read the readme privided with the mod. Big thanks to Ivan for creating it! Well I hope you all enjoy this, it took many months of hard work to complete. Any quiestions please PM me, or contact me through AIM. With all that said, on to the mod.

Weapons

Original Weapons have been Changed to:

Picture key.

|1.| Dual Socoms
|2.| Mini Uzi and silenced Version
|3.| AK-74
|4.| M4-A1
|5.| Shotgun
|6.| Socom II M1A
|7.| HK Grenade launcher
|8.| Barret M82A1
|9.| S.A.W.
|0.| HK 21

Picture key.

|2.| HK MP5 and silenced version | Micro Uzi and silenced version | HK MP5K | AKS-74U | MP5 SAS
|3.| AK-74 Drum Clip | AK-108
|4.| M16 | Mat7
|5.| Remington 870
|6.| Ruger M77
|7.| AK-74 Grenade Launcher | M16 Grenade Launcher | RPG | MM1
|8.| Dragunov | Tabuk
|9.| PKM
|0.| Minigun | .50 cal

[IMAGE]

The RPD and .50 Cal Law replacments shoot bullets now and can only be fired while laying down or crouching.

The Chainsaw has also been modded into a suicide bomb, as seen here;

[IMAGE]

All weapons were created by me with MS paint.

That's all for weapons, next are the Gosteks

Gosteks

Gosteks Included:

_____________________________________________________________________________________
1. Spec Ops soldier Gostek:
[IMAGE]

2. Army Spec Ops Gostek
[IMAGE]

3. Army Spec ops Gostek with short sleeves=
[IMAGE]

4. Army Spec ops Gostek with Short sleeves and tan camo
[IMAGE]

5. Russian Amry Spec ops Gostek
[IMAGE]

6. Russian Amry Spec ops Gostek with short sleeves
[IMAGE]

7. Swat Gostek:
[IMAGE]

8. Guerilla Terrorist Gostek:
[IMAGE]

For best look with the above gosteks, change your soldat to white shirt and pants.

Grayscale gosteks

9.) U.S Soldier
[IMAGE]

10.) Middle Eastern Terrorist
[IMAGE]

Also included is a new Parachute, Many thanks to Papasurf for discovering the ability to make the parachute straight. (And this is not his parachute in anyway, it was made by me)

[IMAGE]

All Gosteks were created from scratch by me with MS paint.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Also included are two custom maps

[2.]
[3.]

There are also 3 bots included, and the ability for a new game type with them. To use the new game type, start a Deathmatch, and add 10 or so "a civilian" bots by typing in "/addbot a civilian", then add about 5 terrorist bots, and try to win by only killing the terrorists and not the civilians. It is hard but it can be done, and it is great fun, especialy for those without internet access

1.) A Civilian
2.) A Terrorist
3.) An Undercover Officer

And last, the interface.

Original interface Changed too:

[IMAGE]

Old ingame cursor is shown in picture. Updated version included.

Downloads:

Special Operations Mod |2.0|

Vulcan Minigun replacement
[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

.?°*????*°?.??*°?..?°*??.?°*????*°?.
.?°*????*°?.??*°?.??*°?. Special Operations Mod |2.0| .?°*??.?°*??.?°*????*°?.
??*°?..?°*??.?°*??.?°*?? ??*°?.??*°?.??*°?..?°*??

©2004-2005 Matthew Bluhm
This mod may not be reproduced in whole or part without my permission.
All Materials created by me are protected under U.S Copyright for more info see "Law www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html".

Field Marshal BM

Darkwing
December 27, 2005, 10:13 pm
Looks good- i wont download it cause i have NO harddrive space left but it looks awesome.

KeFear
December 28, 2005, 12:10 am
awesome! i will try as soon as i can

Ivan_the_Psycho
December 28, 2005, 12:37 am
Damn, i didnt expect it so early:P As from i see on screens its a lovely update of spec-ops out there;] And the fixed config i promissed:

[URL]

with the icon and bug fixed,sorry for beign late. Maybe you can just add the link to all threads as additional dl. And again sorry:(

Deleted User
December 28, 2005, 12:48 am
Wow, nice work on this one, like the new map and the details on the guns and the funky sounds,
alltough some flashes need to repositioned (mat7).

Echo_Trail
December 28, 2005, 1:41 am
You never sieze to astonish!
Once again, you have proven youself a king among modders. Good work, hombré.
I'm not gonna download it right away though, since i'm playing with your old one. I gotta say, dual uzi's rock, and the blast sound they do makes you feel like Neo:D
Those are really well made.

numgun
December 28, 2005, 2:48 am
holy crap! awesome job!
this is 1337, but i still cant believe that u made this with paint. :S

Deleted User
December 28, 2005, 3:37 am
Thanks to all for their posative comments

Ivan, thank's, to be honest i actualy forgot you were making an update :p

SGT Beaver, well, I actualy made the muzzle flash like that on purpose, because if you look at the interface gun you can see that it has air cooling holes and I made the fire flash out of it ;)

Soulsnipa
December 28, 2005, 5:16 am
0.0 wow

Deleted User
December 28, 2005, 6:57 am
>:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

IMO this is better than the old one ;) Good Job

Silent Soldier
December 28, 2005, 9:19 am
Indeed it is, Nookie. What a lovely modification, but why didn't you just put this one to your older thread?

Deleted User
December 28, 2005, 9:48 am
Very nice mod. :)
Love it + I have ur old in MS MECHA PROGRAM, have to update it there.

btw: I'm using ur older mod right now. Awesome.

Deleted User
December 28, 2005, 11:46 am
OH MY GOD(teh OMG)! AMAYZING! STUNNING! MARSHALISH! 1337-I5# !!!
Field, god-o-modders, thank you for that excellent mod, may the MS PAINT be with you!

Deleted User
December 28, 2005, 12:35 pm
<3 suicide bomb <3

TeRRoRinFANt
December 28, 2005, 1:26 pm
Hmm. I wish it had an user-friendly installer. And as to the quality of the mod - I was actually convinced to change from MechaSoldat for this!

nfsjunkie91
December 28, 2005, 3:00 pm
excellent. only problem i have is with the law replacement .50 cal. the firing to the right has the muzzle flash above the tip of the gun. =\

Deleted User
December 28, 2005, 4:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by nfsjunkie91excellent. only problem i have is with the law replacement .50 cal. the firing to the right has the muzzle flash above the tip of the gun. =

Yeah, I cant fix that though :-/ it was'nt designed for a gun

and thanks again to all those for their comments ;)

System_Decay
December 28, 2005, 4:52 pm
Did you modify the explosion because I didn't receive that with your mod, also the new knife animation is kind of weird, other than this a pretty solid mod :)

Deleted User
December 28, 2005, 5:14 pm
No, that explosion is not mine, and I forgot to change the knife animation back from ivans mod. Look in the knife folder at the animation files, and go into your unchanged soldat folder in the "animations" folder and copy the files that the knife uses and paste them onto the knife

Deleted User
December 28, 2005, 5:46 pm
Omg... You are THE JESUS

The Geologist
December 28, 2005, 9:18 pm
F*cking HOT. I'm drooling over here man, your modding skills never cese to impress. Currently downloading, yet I'm sure I'll be happy with this mod. That suicide bomb looks awesome! Good job as always.

Deleted User
December 28, 2005, 9:21 pm
Is that an American I see using a suicide bomb? Very nice grayscale gosteks indeed. Keep it up.

Deleted User
December 28, 2005, 9:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by aznbl00dIs that an American I see using a suicide bomb? Very nice grayscale gosteks indeed. Keep it up.

Yeah, I forgot to switch to the terrorist gostek

And thanks for the input Geo ;)

TeRRoRinFANt
December 29, 2005, 4:05 pm
Very nice sounds, lovely. Almost all nicely fitting - apart from the AK-74u sounds, which sounds a bit too powerfull (would be more appropriate in some HMG) and the .50 cal, which sounds too... wimpy. It should be a bass thudding, like the big gun that announces 'I am the law'. Wonderful weapon menu gfx and mostly well realised on gosteks - tho the MP5s look ein bischien odd. Also, what is that on the gosteks' elbows - looks like some elbow pads, and it looks eenie weenie bit disturbing. Like a soldier who is about to go rollerskating. Or a rollerskater who took up to Soldating. I love the guerrilla gosteks, and the Russian spec ops. The ushanka is a... funny touch.

Ah, last thing. The crosshair. Very nice, but irritating. I know what was your idea, but it's irritating and an obstacle. If you could remove the lower part of the crosshair gfx, leaving just the scope eyesight, if you know what I mean.

That's a 9,5/10 here! I'll be staying with this mod for a while :]

2-D
January 2, 2006, 7:35 am
plz stop beeing soe 1337 plz loooollolollo

rabidhamster
January 2, 2006, 8:15 am
2d you scare my children.

i like the new map, it looks great and has great gameplay.

Reese35649
January 2, 2006, 1:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ivan_the_Psycho
pl/ivans_site/downloads/Special-Operations_fixed_exe.

oh, yes. now "special" is all clear to me.

SpOnTaNiOuS LiGhThOuSe
January 4, 2006, 2:14 am

hey, i just wanna tell you, this mod is awsome, im new to this site but have been on soldat for about 5 months, and this mod give me a whole different experience when i play it. just saying great job, thanks

Deleted User
January 4, 2006, 2:54 am
I use this mod. It is hot. I love it. LOVE IT. LOVE IT. LOVEEE IT.

Deleted User
January 4, 2006, 11:45 pm
Lol, I love this mod! Everything rocks about it! I especially like the Mini Uzis. My favorite way to play is to change the chainsaw to suicide bomb and add lots of Boogie Men-Kamikaze World!

LUNATIC COW
January 4, 2006, 11:55 pm
The interface gfxs are great, as is the configurer. The in game graphics just kill it.

Deleted User
January 5, 2006, 12:01 am
woah.. everything looks so perfect... gotta love that suicide bomb tho :D

Deleted User
January 5, 2006, 12:18 am
quote:Originally posted by LUNATIC COWThe interface gfxs are great, as is the configurer. The in game graphics just kill it.

What do you mean by that? There's only so much I can do with a teeny weapon, I thought I did well with what I had. Aparantly you don't think so?

LUNATIC COW
January 5, 2006, 1:19 am
Some of them are not proportionate to the actual Soldat figure. Others are way to light compared to the Interface gfx. It's just my preference, though. Everyone else likes it. You definately make the best Interface gfx on these forums.

Kaider
January 5, 2006, 3:55 am
This is a wonderful mod. I downloaded and played immediately last night so I didn't even have the time to post a reply! This mod is purely holy awesomeness.

nfsjunkie91
January 5, 2006, 9:54 pm
awesome, completely and totally awesome. i wanna now though, how did you make the suicide bomb have a startup noise? very good work, you have inspired me to create my own weapons with only paint (and maybe photoshop for shading, cuz it makes it a little easier sometimes).

peemonkey
January 7, 2006, 8:40 pm
hella nice. although since i downloaded, whenever i start soldat, it opens opera to 403 page...

GAMEOVER
January 7, 2006, 11:40 pm
FMB, your a good modder man but I think your weapons could look a lot better if you ditched the ammo you include when showing weapons and made your interface weapons just a little bit bigger without the ammo there to show off your shadeing.

Deleted User
January 8, 2006, 2:32 am
I cant make it any bigger, otherwise it goes into the other weapons

HT-KaotiK
January 8, 2006, 5:13 pm
damn wish i cud use mods, they all look smart, im on crappy S3 graphics, had to find an edited version of wepaon graphics etc on this forum to get the normal ones right, cuz i used to only see half the weapons etc... :(

peemonkey
January 8, 2006, 5:32 pm
how do people still have such old equipment? :P
http://cpanel24.fuitadnet.com/suspended.page/
^thats where opera opens too whenever i start normal soldat or special operations soldat, started when i downloaded, how do i kill it?

comrade8ken
January 9, 2006, 4:45 am
Marshal your mods never sease to amaze me much like your last mod pure uber

Deleted User
January 9, 2006, 4:46 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkeyhow do people still have such old equipment? :P
^thats where opera opens too whenever i start normal soldat or special operations soldat, started when i downloaded, how do i kill it?

Not quite sure what you mean, please explain a little bit more

peemonkey
January 9, 2006, 5:57 am
okay, when i would open soldat, it'd open and i'd play.
now, starting the moment i downloaded the mod, when i start soldat, my opera pops up with that URL, and soldat. it gets pretty annoying. ANY idea what the hell that's about?

HT-KaotiK
January 9, 2006, 2:56 pm
ermm that thigns happenin to everyone.. even withoutt his mod, MM needs to fix it

Deleted User
January 10, 2006, 1:02 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkeyokay, when i would open soldat, it'd open and i'd play.
now, starting the moment i downloaded the mod, when i start soldat, my opera pops up with that URL, and soldat. it gets pretty annoying. ANY idea what the hell that's about?

I realy don't know :-/ I've never heard of that happening, you're the first it happened to. All i can think of is like HT-KaotiK said, sorry :(

wunderbear
January 13, 2006, 8:06 pm
A brilliant mod as always, Field Marshal. I recently redownloaded the latest version of Soldat, and just now noticed and downloaded your mod.

A HEARTY THUMBS-UP, MY FRIEND!

LUNATIC COW
January 14, 2006, 1:36 am
After playing it for a while, I've gotten used to, and actually started to like the in game graphics. My previous comments were premature.

wunderbear
January 15, 2006, 9:43 pm
That's very mature of you! That's a relief, especially in an internet forum where all opinions are aggressively defended.

wunderbear
January 16, 2006, 7:47 pm
ALSO:

DAMN YOU!! YOU MADE A BRILLIANT HTF MAP, THEN YOU DIDN'T WAYPOINT IT?! ARGFHGHGHGHGHGHMSGLJALGNALNKANL;FLAKN FA//

*chews on roller chair*

IT'S SO GOOD!! BUT I CAN'T PLAY WITH BOTS!!! GRAAAAGH!!!

*ahem*

Sorry. I just had to get that out.

Deleted User
January 16, 2006, 10:55 pm
Eh. . .:p Yeah, I dont know how to waypoint well, but if somone would like to way point the map and provide a download link I'll include it in the first post *hint* Keron Cist*cough* :D

Deleted User
January 16, 2006, 11:09 pm
Bloodyawesome. XD

There's a lot of Kalashnikov weapons in this mod. XD

PS: WWII...I am waiting to kill ze Nazis once again.

wunderbear
January 17, 2006, 7:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMEh. . .:p Yeah, I dont know how to waypoint well, but if somone would like to way point the map and provide a download link I'll include it in the first post *hint* Keron Cist*cough* :D

Ah, that'd be brilliant! Most HTF maps are abstract, round and huge maps, which I don't like. But this one's a good-old-fashioned flat maps. Good on you!

xtishereb
January 20, 2006, 10:06 pm
Needs more Deagle replacements. As nice as the one you provided is, it really sticks out when I run the config program.

Other than that, I guess I owe you something for this.

And the Vulcan DL link is broken.

wunderbear
January 21, 2006, 2:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by xtisherebNeeds more Deagle replacements. As nice as the one you provided is, it really sticks out when I run the config program.

Other than that, I guess I owe you something for this.

And the Vulcan DL link is broken.

I agree with xtishereb here. Although okay, the dual socoms are a bit... pants. Another couple of weapons would be most desirable.

Rest is brilliant though.

Zero72
January 23, 2006, 12:04 am
Just wanted to let you know that I know about this mod, but for a variety of reasons I won't bother relating, I don't want to really jump into it yet. Rest assured, I'd been anticipating it way too much to ignore it completely.

Edit: Alright, I've tried it out, and it is excellent, as expected. However -- please don't take this the wrong way, it's not an insult, I'm just saying so -- while you do good work, you seem really prone to silly mistakes. Please test your mods more thoroughly before releasing them instead of waiting for the people who download it to do it.

That said, here are the flaws I've noticed, most/all of which have probably already been covered.

1. Knife/punch animation is from Mecha Soldat
2. Gunflare for weapon 4 doesn't line up right, regardless of the actual weapon
3. Grenade launchers vanish when dropped.

Great work, though. And thank you for allowing the option to leave the stats unmodded. =P

Deleted User
February 6, 2006, 4:41 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Zero72Just wanted to let you know that I know about this mod, but for a variety of reasons I won't bother relating, I don't want to really jump into it yet. Rest assured, I'd been anticipating it way too much to ignore it completely.

Edit: Alright, I've tried it out, and it is excellent, as expected. However -- please don't take this the wrong way, it's not an insult, I'm just saying so -- while you do good work, you seem really prone to silly mistakes. Please test your mods more thoroughly before releasing them instead of waiting for the people who download it to do it.

That said, here are the flaws I've noticed, most/all of which have probably already been covered.

1. Knife/punch animation is from Mecha Soldat
2. Gunflare for weapon 4 doesn't line up right, regardless of the actual weapon
3. Grenade launchers vanish when dropped.

Great work, though. And thank you for allowing the option to leave the stats unmodded. =P

Thanks for the comments and pointing those out, what would be realy nice is to have beta testers but my mods are usally to big to send over aim/msn. And I play soldat alot but not enough aparently :p I have alot of other stuff to do and it's hard to; plan the mod, make it, perfect it, and trouble shoot it by myself. As soon as I got done with this mod I got back to doing WWII TCS, i started this one to take a break from the monotony of WWII TCS :p and some of the bugs got left in because I moved on so quick.

The next mod i release (WWII TCS) will probably have much less bugs in it because i'm not working on anything else.

Thanks again,

Field Marshal BM

Zero72
February 10, 2006, 10:52 am
Another thing... Maybe it's just me and I'm not looking hard enough, but maybe you should check it anyway. I was using the Mini Uzi for a while, and I just switched to the MP5... and I'm not seeing a lot of difference between the weapons graphics.

CrazyEye
February 10, 2006, 8:18 pm
Having a tad bit of trouble with it, so i installed like you said and then set all the weapons, applied. Then i hit play, and nothing happens.

Deleted User
February 10, 2006, 8:27 pm
When you say nothing happens do you mean soldat does'nt start or the weapons dont change? Because if the weapons ar'nt changing you did'nt read all of the readme, you have to have the "use modified weapons" option checked in the lower left hand of the config.

Zero72
February 10, 2006, 9:35 pm
If you don't want to use the modded stats, you have to apply once with Use Modified Weapons on, then again without.

CrazyEye
February 10, 2006, 10:31 pm
Well with the use modded guns check box checked, i hit start, and the screen goes away, and stuck looking at my desktop.

Deleted User
February 10, 2006, 10:43 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by CrazyEyeWell with the use modded guns check box checked, i hit start, and the screen goes away, and stuck looking at my desktop.

Hmm, you've got me, ask Ivan via PM or Email. It's probably a config issue. You're the first person i've heard of having this problem

CrazyEye
February 10, 2006, 10:48 pm
Same thing happened with mechasoldat, i swear ive downloaded soldat 10+ times now....

Deleted User
February 10, 2006, 11:26 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by CrazyEyeSame thing happened with mechasoldat, i swear ive downloaded soldat 10+ times now....

Well it's definatly the config then. I dont realy know what to tell you besides try contacting Ivan, sorry :/

CrazyEye
February 10, 2006, 11:30 pm
Hmm i just manually installed, i think i was supposed to run soldat with a -mod xxxxxx, whereas the the x's would be the folder where the files were. Alrighty, nice mod btw :]

peemonkey
February 11, 2006, 12:30 am
BM, you need to add more stuff to this mod, it's very well done and the installer makes it fun :)

livingdalife
February 11, 2006, 8:15 am
I say, This mod is (refrain from swearing) Awesome!!!! This is like the only mod I play now! Good job with everything, but there are a few little things, such as we need more weapons to choose from!!! more guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didimow
February 11, 2006, 6:07 pm
This is absolutely great, keep up the work!

rip-e
May 2, 2006, 10:25 am
 Quote:Originally posted by peemonkeyhow do people still have such old equipment? :P

Hi all,
first thank you MM for have made a great game ! :D
peemonkey i have the same problem... have you find a solution ? i have uninstall soldat and reinstall it but nothing change...
need help ! :D

Deleted User
May 2, 2006, 9:14 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by rip-e Quote:Originally posted by peemonkeyhow do people still have such old equipment? :P

Hi all,
first thank you MM for have made a great game ! :D
peemonkey i have the same problem... have you find a solution ? i have uninstall soldat and reinstall it but nothing change...
need help ! :D

http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=33703

http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=33691

Drink Bloody Water
May 3, 2006, 12:03 pm
Hey fmbm, its me magnetahelp. when is the thing you hosted on imageshack going to be on? And you know what im talking about....

CardBoardWarrior
May 3, 2006, 2:51 pm
This mod is amazing. The jungle map looks excellent, I will download it just for that.

rip-e
May 4, 2006, 10:42 am
Thank you very much SadistAtHeart :) :)

Deleted User
May 4, 2006, 8:31 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by rip-eThank you very much SadistAtHeart :) :)

Anytime. :)

on topic: This mod is awesome

Headshooter
May 21, 2006, 5:55 am
The Best Mod EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I LOVESSSSSSSSSSS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OH and nice suicide bomb good for infiltration HE HE.

-viper-storm-
June 1, 2006, 12:17 am
this is positivly the best mod ive come across yet. I like the style of the gun gfx and the programme that opens it is much easier that copy and pasting all these other files over =D

may i ask one off-ish topic question?

-when will the ww2 tcs be ready? its only ive been looking for a decent ww2 mod for ages now and this one looks pretty sweet.

RabidTreeFrog
June 1, 2006, 1:46 am
This mod is...BEAUTIFUL. How long did this take ya?