( search forums )
Aura Ball
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Yuth
December 28, 2005, 1:11 am
A game mode where two teams play against each other.
Both teams have their own aura spot in their base.

And the goal is to get the Aura Ball on the enemy's spot.
The Aura Ball is dropped like Rambo Bow, in the middle of a map.

Would start off like everyone are heading for the Aura Ball.
And trying to get it to the enemy's aura spot located in their base.

The one holding the Aura Ball can't use weapons, instead are able to use this Aura Ball's power onto an enemy, and being able to kill the enemy if it's held at full power, as you hold E to throw grenade.

This Aura Ball can only be captured if it's moving in slow speed, or passed on by your own team, teams can throw it to each other at full speed.

But if you throw the Aura Ball at an enemy, it will only hurt the enemy and bounce off. (Unless you throw it too weak, as tapping E to throw grenade)

What do you guys think ? ^^

Oh, and this Aura Ball bounces when it hits walls.
How far it bounces depends on the power (How long you hold the F button)

- Tek -
December 28, 2005, 4:57 am
interesting.

also, the players should get chi blasts, magic etc, and kun fu sword play, with swords etc.

CrazyKid980
December 28, 2005, 6:42 am
Sounds cool, I can see basketball courts now lol.

Suggestion: How about when you switch your weapon, it becomes a sword, like what Tek said. It acts like a knife, but its longer, and can be thrown, but not far.

DeLarge
December 28, 2005, 7:45 am
That's one wild idea there, but this is almost like Rambo Match. Disallowed to use weapons is equivalent to holding the enemy flag in Castle Wars in RuneScape. Good idea anyhow.

- Tek -
December 28, 2005, 2:10 pm
Could almost be like real soccer.

~AcE~
January 1, 2006, 11:12 pm
Sounds more to me like deadly dodgeball.

I rather like it, but I've heard similar ideas many times before.
Well thought.

Raptor
January 2, 2006, 12:02 am
Yea... and don't forget that players can teleport, get on space ships, have force shields and shoot magic balls. Then we'll rename Soldat, Fantasyldat :)

CrazyKid980
January 2, 2006, 3:03 am
Heh, dont forget the RPG system.

rabidhamster
January 2, 2006, 6:04 am
quote:Originally posted by YuthBoth teams have their own aura spot in their base.

And the goal is to get the Aura Ball on the enemy's spot.
The Aura Ball is dropped like Rambo Bow, in the middle of a map.

Would start off like everyone are heading for the Aura Ball.
And trying to get it to the enemy's aura spot located in their base.

The one holding the Aura Ball can't use weapons, instead are able to use this Aura Ball's power onto an enemy, and being able to kill the enemy if it's held at full power, as you hold E to throw grenade.

Oh, and this Aura Ball bounces when it hits walls.
How far it bounces depends on the power (How long you hold the F button)
translated from runescapian to soldaten, this reads:

both teams start with a flag of their team color at their base, just lik ctf. their is a yellow flag in the center of the map. to score, a team must get the yellow flag and bring it to the other team's base.

personally, i think that a team should bring it to their own base, as bringing it to the enemy's base would be to hard and would probably result in a lot of 0-0 games.

Zegovia
January 2, 2006, 9:52 pm
My idea...

Have it all be like football...with guns, you have to get the ball and bring it to the enemys goal. you can pass the ball by Using the Throw button (F) and throw it to a teammate.

When holding the ball, you cant use any weapon, but you can as they do in halo, throw the ball to an enemy so he catches it, and by so not beĆ­ng able to use any weapons untill he drops it, that gives you a chance to nail him.

The ball changes apropriate colour showing which team it whas that last time had it.

the ball can be moved by shooting at it, making it possible to pass it to an mate by shooting it to him, or deflecting it from a enemy that tries to throw it into the point/goal/platform, the effect of that varries of the power of the weapon.

you get points by either by bringing the ball to the goal or by throwing it onto it. and shooting it into the ball into the goal while it still has your teams colour will also work.

DeLarge
January 2, 2006, 11:56 pm
Come on, you can't praise this idea, it doesn't fit Soldat.

Deleted User
January 3, 2006, 1:42 am
This could make good teamwork..one teamate running with the ball and the rest gunning down the enemies while he runs to score

Zegovia
January 3, 2006, 5:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeLargeCome on, you can't praise this idea, it doesn't fit Soldat.

Just watch me... ^^

I think itll be fun, since all other gamemodes are oriented with flags and such, i think Playing a deathball game in soldat will be a fun and diffrent thing to do.... ;)

DeLarge
January 3, 2006, 8:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zegovia
Just watch me... ^^

Yeah, in the upcoming version of Soldat, the idea won't be in there! Heh heh heh heh heh.

Deleted User
January 3, 2006, 8:50 pm
it would be cool... no weapons servers, only playing ball :D

DeLarge
January 3, 2006, 9:06 pm
That would be kind of boring. No offense.

bond_james_bond
January 3, 2006, 10:42 pm
The person holding the ball can not use weapons until he drops the ball. He can not attack or anything. His temmates must protect him as he trudges his way down the endzone... I mean enemy base.

That's my suggestion. I like the idea of this game! 100%!

Zegovia
January 4, 2006, 1:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeLargequote:Originally posted by Zegovia
Just watch me... ^^

Yeah, in the upcoming version of Soldat, the idea won't be in there! Heh heh heh heh heh.

I never said it would, i just said i think it would be fun if it whas..... No wait i didnt right? Oh well.... :P

John O
January 9, 2006, 9:33 pm
auraball? you mean nuetral flag reverse CTF? or nuetral bomb for those halo guys. sounds liek a coll gametype. why not make the "ball" a kitana? then we could have a kitana in the game, plus its liek the knife, but bigger.

CrazyKid980
January 10, 2006, 2:17 pm
Then it wouldn't be called Aura "Ball", now would it?