( search forums )
YAYAYYA soldat iz sumtin
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
2-D
December 28, 2005, 1:55 am
[IMAGE]

yayayya...i get this everyttime i click in soldat, i redownloaded it and then it only came up when i opened it and when i tryed to connect to servers. though i didnt get to connect to any. so wut do i does lol... ...>_>

b00stA
December 28, 2005, 7:03 pm
Reinstall and reboot your computer.

DePhille
December 28, 2005, 9:26 pm
For your info: Rebooting is taking the power out of your PC .
1)Shut down PC
2)Pull out power cord
3)Re-attach the power cord
4)turn on PC.

b00sta: yes , it makes a diffrence , especially with Windows. I had bugs with Soldat like that and I could "restart" my pc as much as I wanted , it only worked when I pulled out the power cord (After shutting down PC :P).

Grtz , DePhille

b00stA
December 28, 2005, 10:14 pm
...you don't have to pull the plug. Just use the restart button from Windows, it will do just fine.

m00`
December 28, 2005, 10:42 pm
lol why pull the plug when the computer is already shut down

3rd_account
December 28, 2005, 11:27 pm
Reinstalling? That's crazy voodoo talk. The problem is caused by memory issues. I'd guess there's either not enough accessable memory in the heap or Michael didn't empty an integer variable before using it.

Freeing up memory by closing other processes and open windows, running certain programs like FreeRAM XP Pro or rebooting are guaranteed ways of solving the problem. But reinstalling..? No. Probably only works because the installation process allocates and deallocates memory and by some magical chance of faith there's enough to run Soldat. You could just as well run a big game such as cs:s and close it to do the memory macarena!

XenocidE
December 28, 2005, 11:34 pm
Pulling out the Power Cable is not considered Rebooting. That's considered Power Cycling. Rebooting is the act of shutting something done and turning it back on. Restarting is the act of stopping what you were doing and starting back over.

nfsjunkie91
December 29, 2005, 8:47 pm
actually i heard from some1 that pressing restart keeps some variables in the RAM. i don't know why/what/how, but if u are having really bad problems, dephille's method has fixed it for me from time to time.

you can also make sure any unneccessary programs are killed in taskmanager before trying to run it.

b00stA
December 30, 2005, 7:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by 3rd_accountThe problem is caused by memory issues. I'd guess there's either not enough accessable memory in the heap or Michael didn't empty an integer variable before using it.

I had the exact same problem. Reboot the computer worked for me.

Also, there MIGHT be a difference between restarting/rebooting (WITHOUT waiting to turn it on again) and rebooting it via the reset button which doesn't completely turn off the computer.