( search forums )
Negative Score & Temp Ban
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Elephant_Hunter
December 28, 2005, 3:29 pm
As a result of this discussion, I'm bringing up debate about negative scores while in friendly fire mode.

Personally, I enjoy TKing people, but I guess it's for the best if there were a server-side option to temp-ban after a score of -4 or so. If you believe there's a good reason not to include functionality of this sort, make yourself known. I think this improvement is long overdue.

Vijchtidoodah
December 28, 2005, 3:37 pm
While a negative score would ban the people who only enter to kill teammates, it does absolutely nothing to people who score first and then go on a team-killing rampage. In order to properly deal with a problem like that, the ban should probably be triggered at something like four or five team kills in a row.

SERIAL KILLeR
December 28, 2005, 3:39 pm
And when you tk it should say "You Killed teammate ..." in red or something

Vijchtidoodah
December 28, 2005, 4:00 pm
"You killed your teammate ..., you [CENSORED]."

Elephant_Hunter
December 28, 2005, 4:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahWhile a negative score would ban the people who only enter to kill teammates, it does absolutely nothing to people who score first and then go on a team-killing rampage. In order to properly deal with a problem like that, the ban should probably be triggered at something like four or five team kills in a row.

It'd be easy to avoid TKing 4-5 times in a row.

How about this: a tk gets you -4 points. At least this way he can only kill 5 people after a cap, and then he must score again.

bond_james_bond
December 28, 2005, 4:44 pm
ppl get a 5 sec extension on their respawn time for each 2 ppl they TK?

I say that's a good idea!

person
December 28, 2005, 5:16 pm
bond, that suck in realistic survival, as it would either make EVERYONE wait, or they would possibly spawn right as an enemy approaches the base and cause an upset.

DePhille
December 28, 2005, 9:32 pm
If I want to be a jackass I just damage my teammates severely , then they kill me and get banned.
I do like the Respawn time extension , but make it like 30 seconds.

Grtz , DePhille

Cookie.
December 29, 2005, 6:30 am
quote:Originally posted by bond_james_bondppl get a 5 sec extension on their respawn time for each 2 ppl they TK?

I say that's a good idea!

Well.. its not :P Basically if they kill 2 people accidentally for example your team is [CENSORED]ed.. In a team game you want your teammates to be out fighting not dead in respawn mode..

a-4-year-old
December 29, 2005, 5:20 pm
how about a reflect dammage thing, that when you shoot a teammate, you take the damage.

Deleted User
December 29, 2005, 6:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldhow about a reflect dammage thing, that when you shoot a teammate, you take the damage.

And then you ruin the point of freindly fire.

How about its kept plain and simple. TK 3 times on a map, and you're banned for 30 minutes. Every time you kill a player its -5 points to your score. If I recall, I only accidently killed players on each map 0-1 times, because I have a problem with mistaking them for the enemy.

DeLarge
December 29, 2005, 8:36 pm
What about "Friendly fire would not be tolerated!" Most games now have a 'Reflect' option. If try to kill your team-mate, their damage will reflect on you too.

bond_james_bond
December 30, 2005, 2:17 am
To Person: Here's what I think... In Survival, after the normal 5 sec is up, the person who TKed someone has to personally wait for his penalty time to end. After that, he's put in the game with others (possibly without that 5 sec of invincibility?) Alternatively, since putting a player with full health late in the game could be seen as and advantage, that player could just lose a round and have to wait for the round to end to enter in.

Also, if someone spawns when an enemy is about to intrude... That's how it is, isn't it? You can't avoid that, happens in any team-game.

To Cookie: Well... Killing two ppl by accident.
1) It's your fault
2) You've just damaged/hurt your team anyway...

I see my idea does have its flaws. Especially in survival.

Do I dare take back what I said about being a good idea?

nahhh. =)

FliesLikeABrick
December 30, 2005, 8:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by SERIAL KILLeRAnd when you tk it should say "You Killed teammate ..." in red or something

normal kill messages are in red

nfsjunkie91
December 30, 2005, 11:58 pm
perhaps it would be a vote box comes up after 3 tks, and if half of the team says yes, they will be banned for 20-30 minutes, and if no one votes, and they tk 6 times, they are auto-banned for 30 minutes? and definitely the respawn time thing, reminds me of Rainbow six games.... hey wait a minute...

Deleted User
December 31, 2005, 3:03 am
What about a Soldat counterpart of myg0t?