( search forums )
Can anybody help a newb out with DirectX 9?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
WarSwimmer
December 28, 2005, 9:39 pm
Yes, I'm a newb and not afraid to admit it, afterall i've only been playing this game for a few days. Recently, I went into a online match with a weird weapon mod and everything screwed up. I couldn't even hit Esc. So I shut my comp off via the power button and turned it back on. Now it crashes instantly after I hit 'Ok' to start it, which gives me two errors. One saying it couldnt connect with the directX, Softwear will now be used, and right after that, it says couldnt connect with DirectX, make sure you have DirectX 8, try turning off extea options like AntiAnalyzing and whatnot. Well, Outraged, I uninstalled it, redownloaded it off of a different mirror. Still getting the error, I went and Downloaded DirectX 9.

My question is- Can anybody tell me where to Extract Direct X 9?

Also, if anybody who's had this happen to them before tell me a quicker way to get out of it if possible? Thanks.

KvN
December 29, 2005, 4:02 am
I have that problem with the ESC key and the chat key a few times, but I didn't power the PC off. I just closed it down with Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+Del), and went back in.
I'm not positive with the DirectX 9, but I think you just make a folder and extract it there. Again, I'm not sure, but I did that with video driver updates, and it seems to be ok.

DeLarge
December 29, 2005, 5:09 am
I figured out that the "couldnt connect with the directX, Softwear will now be used" was caused by multiple Soldat.exe tasks in the background. If you downloaded Soldat 1.3.1 you must've enabled 'Play Intro' that gave you an access violation error and no matter if Soldat is quitted, the game is still running quietly in the background. Give the three finger salute to the Soldat.exe tasks and re-run Soldat. You've wasted your time uninstalling the game; and the keyboard not responding to Soldat is just another unlikely problem. Give it the three finger salute (once again) and execute Soldat again.

Agressor1
December 29, 2005, 6:58 am
Sheesh, I get all my DirectX stuff when I get a new game.
and from there actual PC games like CoD2 require the latest DirectX and it just installs it fairly quick.
I didn't know manual installation required you extract folders all the time.

Zegovia
December 29, 2005, 3:29 pm
you dont need to exstract the Direct X file anywhere specific, just run the installation, and when your done with that, you reboot the compy.....

lieroguy
December 29, 2005, 3:54 pm
Do you really need DirectX 9 to play soldat? I've heard of some instances where if something in your hardware accelerating software farks up, DirectX gets disabled somwhere in the mix, and there goes pretty much all your games. If this is the case (though I doubt it is), you can go to the "run" section of your start menu and type "dxdiag" and press enter... this will bring up your DirectX diagnostic tool and control panel, and from there you can see if everything is running smoothly, or just not turned on, or whatever. It's pretty comprehensive, if not an eyefull to read.

If you download ANY version of DirectX, it should come in an .exe installer, or at least have that .exe installer in a zip file (and then it wouldn't matter where you extracted that .exe, as long as you ran it.)

Echo_Trail
December 29, 2005, 5:07 pm
You only need directX8. I've had this problem quite often. What you need to do, is simply to restart. I tried redownloading directx many times, but it doesn't help anything. Restart as many times as it takes. Ususally it only takes 1 time, but just recently i had to go a couple of times.
Hope it will help you
echo out