( search forums )
(moved) Favorite Weapons
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
CrazyKid980
December 28, 2005, 9:56 pm
What's your favorite selection of weapons for Soldat, and why? In other words, what are your favorite two to use in a battle? It can be both primary or secondary.

Degales and M79. M79 for those rushers, and the degales for a far ones.

Deleted User
December 28, 2005, 10:20 pm
I use almost all weapons o.O

I like ruger & mp5 though. :|

Swarmer
December 28, 2005, 10:23 pm
Lol theres been a lot of these topics. But another won't hurt.

Definetly the saw. No other weapon can match it's raw power. Except for nades. So thats my other favorite.

karmazonpl
December 28, 2005, 10:31 pm
you're not suppose to use nades when you use the saw !!!

For me it's been m79 since 1.1.5, now people are whining about it, oh well [CENSORED]gots

Echo_Trail
December 28, 2005, 10:37 pm
You gotta love mp5. By far my favorite weap of all, but i have to say.. you realy feel sexy with a barret of a cannon in your hands, launching a barage of bullets in your face..(this somehow sounded wrong:/)

numgun
December 28, 2005, 10:53 pm
^^Lol on that^^

my favs:
m79 + knife + me = an 1337 P@wnZ0r.

or

minimi + law + me = same as above.

Chonoryoku
December 29, 2005, 12:19 am
Minimi+Socom/Spas+Socom/Barret+Socom

I <3 my Socom.

DeLarge
December 29, 2005, 12:47 am
The entire lot.

Deleted User
December 29, 2005, 1:23 am
Deagles cuz u shute den dey die.
And knife cuz u throw den dey die.

Michal
December 29, 2005, 1:46 am
If I'm playing (somewhat) seriously I'll use Aug since it's fast and decent for long range. For secondary, it's either LAW or chainsaw depending on the map.
Otherwise, I'll use pretty much anything.

Deleted User
December 29, 2005, 1:47 am
deagles for socom... but if I find a M79 or any auto, I pick it up to exchange my socom.

Darkblood_Chief
December 29, 2005, 2:35 am
Mp5, chainsaw and knife :) I am ALWAYS first ^^

KvN
December 29, 2005, 3:56 am
M79 and the Ruger. I do find myself using the M79 a lot more. I seem to be pretty good at it.

neojb1989
December 29, 2005, 3:57 am
The Setyr Aug for me ^_^ as to why idk i just like it.

Deleted User
December 29, 2005, 4:13 am
Teh Deagles and ehhh.. Steyr yes,yes.
Also teh law is massive pwnage and teh Socom =D

SeanCapsAss
December 29, 2005, 5:24 am
Spas/barret/ak74

Spas is fun

Barret is hard

ak74 is easy

lithium
December 29, 2005, 6:19 am
quote:Originally posted by Seancapsyourass
ak74 is easy

f u sean :p

When I play seriously...

AK74 + LAW

Minimi + LAW (just found out today that I was made for the Minimi...with a little practice this could be good)

Shotty + SOCOM

When I'm just messing around...

Everything else

Agressor1
December 29, 2005, 7:46 am
I'm a PROUD Barrettard and I don't care what you say.
That thing ISN'T all that easy.
Delay does do alot to you.
But my fav. is Barrett + USSOCOM and i'm always in the high end of that list. :)

i'm uber good with knife but I don't use it.. :(

vash763
December 29, 2005, 1:43 pm
Guns. Guns work pretty well.

Cause I like, shoot people, in the face.

And getting shot in the face hurts.

Guns.

.alex.oner.
December 29, 2005, 2:55 pm
de, ak, steyr, m79, knife, law, socom

i pwn

bond_james_bond
December 29, 2005, 3:04 pm
Any Auto (cept Minigun) + Knife

Zegovia
December 29, 2005, 3:26 pm
And i say it for the *Ahundredforthysistysixpointthird* time: I use AK and knife.

Since the Ak is the one with the most punch, and since it have slower rate of fire, you wont empty the clip so fast, and you make sure the shots count, also its quick to choose from the weapon menu, wich makes you quicker to act against spawners!

I use the knife cuase its generally a free kill, even if it has gone more tricky to handle in the new version.... ;)

Pero
December 29, 2005, 3:38 pm
i use all but my favourite is steyr

Blazing Tiger
December 30, 2005, 1:33 am
AK-74 + LAW... That's pretty much all I've ever used since I started playing. My friends like to call the LAW the "n00b tube"... I hardly ever use my secondary anyway... Only to blindshot in CTFs and 1v1s, which have resulted in some pretty funny kills.

And let's not forget 'nades.

Arbalest
December 30, 2005, 1:47 am
M79 and Nades are my favourite. Blowing your enemy into bits is always the most efficient way of terminating enemies(ignores vests). I did use alot more of Ak74 when i got a better mouse, but M79 is still my most favourite.

Deleted User
December 30, 2005, 3:04 am
ak-74- powerful, cool looking and even sounds strong :P
m79- arcing over areas hardish to master, good though... point blank kills :P
law- why not?

i pw|\| j00 A11 !!!

btw, barret is soooooooo easy to master, i pwn with it, but hate it, its for barretards :P

Deleted User
December 30, 2005, 3:26 am
I started to get better with....

THE MINIGUN.

it has such a bad reputation because only people who are new to soldat use it badly.

I tried it just for fun, and I was amazed by its powerfullness.
I guess im a deagler at heart, but YAY is it fun owning with the minigun.
yay

Mr. Domino
December 31, 2005, 9:12 am
M79 in general and for returns, Ruger for defending and dealing with most enemies, and HK5 for barreters. The only weapons I don't use are barret and minigun; I don't use autos enough to have a real preference, as I go with HK5 mainly for the spray arc for binking and quick reload.

DragonSlayer
December 31, 2005, 9:43 am
My favorite weapon is knife. I have used it for 2½ years now and although it's harder to get those really good kills in 1.3.1, when you do get them, it's all the more satisfying. So anyway, the best kills come with knife. It's a shame that it's sometimes too hard to get excellent kills but on the other hand, now everyone can't get cheap kills with it so it's still for the better.

After knife comes M79 and Steyr. M79 because much like knife, it's a weapon which you can get really good kills with. And boosting is fun. Steyr has been my favorite auto long before it started to get more popular. Well, anyone who plays with me every now and then has probably noticed I use steyr the most.

After those I want to mention deagles and barret too. They aren't exactly my favorite weapons but I like them a lot nonetheless. There's nothing amazing about deagles, I just generally like them. And Barret is cool, especially in 1.3.1 when it's harder. Playing with and against barret is fun, as long as camping is not involved.

I use almost all the primaries though.

Darkwing
December 31, 2005, 1:00 pm
i use everything pretty equally.
but usually its, an mp5, a spas on the back and maxed out with nades.

THEN I PWN=
60 nade kills in two days... http://www.soldat-lra.net/status/?inc=player&name=Darkwing+%7BPP%7D

Smurf_Turf
January 1, 2006, 3:01 pm
the knife of course =D
always fun to have a sweet knife kill....

Smurf_Turf
January 1, 2006, 3:04 pm
buy the way ... i think its pretty anoing when people use the m72 all the tim.
i think the weapon shold be more balanced.

nfsjunkie91
January 1, 2006, 4:52 pm
standard: minimi and law
realistic: ruger and law :P

Deleted User
January 1, 2006, 5:11 pm
RUGER+KNIFEorLAW
MP5+KNIFEorLAW

Deleted User
January 1, 2006, 5:23 pm
I love all weapons actually.

Deleted User
January 1, 2006, 6:23 pm
Meh, What weapons I like?

Desert Eagles, MP5, AK-74, Steyr, Spas, Ruger, Barret(I guess, since the nerf...) M79...(yeah right this gun can suck my balls now, no longer my favorite), Minimi, Minigun, Socom, knife, chainsaw, LAW, and some nades.

It all depends on my mood...

The Twilight
January 1, 2006, 7:39 pm
Personally I like the Springfield (Barret) and a socom, Along with an M1 Garand (Ruger) and Socom or knife.

GAMEOVER
January 2, 2006, 12:52 am
Ruger, AK, Socom

Espressokuppi
January 5, 2006, 8:55 pm
Well, i usually use mp5 and m79. In realistic mode i prefer spas. If there are many n00bs in server, i use knife, nades and fists. Their targeting skills are still developing, so it is fun to avoid their bullets :)

edak
January 5, 2006, 9:43 pm
I have a few favourite combinations.
1. MP5 and Knife
2. M79 and USSOCOM <- I find i use this more often
3. Spaz and USSOCOM

Deleted User
January 7, 2006, 1:14 am
i love ak and m79
for sec. knife and chainsaw

MWTBDLTR
January 7, 2006, 1:47 am
Definatly the Minimi and socom. The thing with the minimi is that you gota shoot in about 5-10 shot bursts, then stop for about 1/2 a second. I just jump above the guy and get headshots and kill him easily. The only bad thing is reload, and thats what i use the socom for. It definatly help more than nething.

Spectral
January 7, 2006, 3:18 pm
always has been m79. I also have found the barret quite fun. my auto of choice at the moment is steyr

Deleted User
January 7, 2006, 3:39 pm
Normal: HK MP5 and Knife (deadly combo in close)
Real: M79 and Law (more fun that way)

yes I copied NFS' post =]