( search forums )
U13 pubs bash
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Chakra`
December 29, 2005, 4:25 am

There any of the few sensible players left who don't consider the u13 public servers a haven for retards and annoying behaviour?

Don't get me wrong now, I don't always mind one team having 3 miniguns, the other team having 3 saws, each side with two Major's camping with a minimi, the majority spouting repetitive attemptively amusing taunts and 'lol' to the point where I long for a /mute all option. Why, sometimes thats just why I play Soldat. ¬_¬

If it ain't that, it's the twats that join the server with the soul intent of either annoying or offending people, shouting random profanities and fallacies until an arguement develops and he gets the attention he longs for, no doubt unprovided elsewhere.

I love ya bricks. You do so much for the community despite how busy you are. And as always, the majorities lets you down. Get some fresh admins or something if ya can luv, and not just for kicking the occasional hacker...

Deleted User
December 29, 2005, 5:04 am
Chackra for admin!1

DeLarge
December 29, 2005, 5:12 am
Nah, not for administrator.

Deleted User
December 29, 2005, 5:28 am
server admin

Deleted User
December 29, 2005, 5:51 am
I can make that /mute all thing if you want, lol.

Cookie.
December 29, 2005, 6:21 am
MAKE ME TEH ADMIN LOL!

Deleted User
December 29, 2005, 6:29 am
when you are admin on a server.. does the /mute command prevent him from chatting and bugging other players, or just your player?

and if so, how can u make that person shut up on your server?

:P

FliesLikeABrick
December 29, 2005, 11:33 am
1) i'm going to have more admins once i finish working on the site, because then all admins with dynamic IPs will be able to re-add themselves to the servers as admins via a console on the site

2) this is what private servers are for? Why is it that everyone who whines about u13 public servers has access to the private servers?

frogboy
December 29, 2005, 11:56 am
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrick2) this is what private servers are for? Why is it that everyone who whines about u13 public servers has access to the private servers?
Aren't the private servers usually empty though?

Chakra`
December 29, 2005, 12:55 pm
Yeah, getting into a private takes abit of work. Still, it's not the fact that the people that generally occupy u13 publics is of a less favourable kind, it's that for some reason it's like it's a meeting point or even a breeding ground for the kind of players most prefer to avoid. I've never known any other server quite that bad.

Totally not blaming you though guv. Just needs a bit more tough policing I s'pose for this social phenomenonenemon.

....I could go to another server, but I'm the kind of guy that'll only double click a server he's familiar with. I don't like jumping into some random server i've never heard of before either, mostly to avoid players like what I mentioned.

damnnation
December 29, 2005, 1:11 pm
CHACKRA` FOR WORLD LEADER!

vash763
December 29, 2005, 1:36 pm
I've noticed that about u13 pubs. But I don't even have access to the private one(s).

I've been playing Arks RS Race :D

FliesLikeABrick
December 29, 2005, 5:24 pm
"i don't have access to the private ones"

how so? all you have to do is register on the site

_Mancer_
December 29, 2005, 6:37 pm
Chakra, just MSN a few people you know to go play some in Private. YOu only need like 2 or 3. The rest will come themselves.

Also, Flies, Ive noticed that the servers arent appearing in lobby anymore.. any reason for that?

nfsjunkie91
December 29, 2005, 8:51 pm
yeah i wish they would appear, i forget the ip :S
and i think michal added a admin command for muting a certain player for everyone
/silence x where x is the name of the player.

DePhille
December 29, 2005, 11:29 pm
Brick: You should try to group all those servers on the main page.
It takes some time to find out that yu need to sign up (and that you actually CAN sign up) when you never visited u13 before.
I do love your servers, if the Privates get filled and I happen to be on U13 you can find me in the U13 private servers , just too bad that they have been empty for a long long time :(.
I owe ya so if you want me to help doing something , be my guest.

Grtz , DePhille

vash763
December 30, 2005, 1:32 am
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrick"i don't have access to the private ones"

how so? all you have to do is register on the site

Cause I havn't gone and registered. That's how. At least, I don't think I have.

FliesLikeABrick
December 30, 2005, 8:16 pm
give me 2 more weeks to work on the site, and between the new features and increased stability of the stats engine, i guarantee that u13 will increase in activity and quality (both the public and private servers) over the next month or two

Chakra`
December 30, 2005, 8:30 pm
You're a star guv. A bloody star.

FliesLikeABrick
December 30, 2005, 10:07 pm
i'd rather just be a rock underfoot or something

Chakra`
December 30, 2005, 10:47 pm
rock star perhaps?

vash763
December 31, 2005, 3:59 am
He could be a rock covered in glitter

GAMEOVER
December 31, 2005, 5:11 am
Why does everyone whine so much, ill agree some people that play in u13 servers are idiots and im sure the same people who I think are idiots probably think im one to. The bottem line is if you cant overlook em and just have fun kickin em in the rear why even bother playing at all?

Rambo_6
December 31, 2005, 8:15 am
I PLAY BECAUSE I ENJOY GETTING ANGRY AT RETARDED PLAYERS AND EVENTUALLY LEAVING THE SERVER, THEN BURNING MY HOUSE DOWN IN A FIT OF UNCONTROLLABLE ANGER.

Why do you play?

Karvinen
January 4, 2006, 9:12 pm
Private servers are always empty.

Deleted User
January 4, 2006, 10:44 pm
Hmm I havent seen u13 east, did it get removed? Or is it just a deserted desert.
Has that server that was liked U13 Southeast | or something removed lol? It had a typo.

I still go in u13 private sometimes, just to 1vs1 someone or do w/e.

I havent played in a longg while in u13 servers. Now I prefer {SN} No Barret or m79. Though I shame myself from hiding from such weapons. SHAME ON YOUR DRIVENUNDER! *slaps*

Deleted User
January 4, 2006, 10:50 pm
The only servers currently up are the U13 Private and the U13 Private (NoStats).

The rest have been taken down for maintenance and such. Flies is trying to improve u13 over his winter break and hopefully won't overwork himself. Anything else you need to know about the Status of U13 can be found here.

As for the rest of this thread.../shrugs
It's a public.

Elemental
January 4, 2006, 11:43 pm
If you wanna join one of the servers, just go to the site, and click the "Online" button..Helps if they don't appear for you.

vash763
January 5, 2006, 1:01 am
pound button