( search forums )
(moved) a few forum suggestions
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
Echo_Trail
December 29, 2005, 5:24 pm
Hi ya'll..
I have just a few things i want to share with you =P
Let me know what you think about...

...Couldn't we make a poll thing on the forums.. Like on Leo's? I know this has been suggested before, but i wanna know about it..

...And i was thinking if we could add a little line of text above the online/offline thing, telling wether he primarily plays realistic or normal mode. This would be nice, since many weapon balance threads(and such) are sometimes misunderstood.

...Perhaps soldatforums could be coop with leo's and u13 about the ranking thing. I know we don't have servers of our own, and that is why i thought, maybe the ranking could be recorded unto here? It could be more than u13 and leo's, but they're the only ones i know.

i dunno, just a few suggestions.
echo out

Michal
December 29, 2005, 7:42 pm
A poll function would be very useful, if it's not too hard to implement I don't see why not.

The realistic or not text, I don't think it's really necessary. People should be clear about such things when posting about it...

And the U13/Leo's ranking system, I would definitely NOT want this. The last thing this forum needs is more people whining or bragging about statistics.

Deleted User
December 29, 2005, 11:55 pm
- Poll function sounds cool.

- If you want to brag about your stats, put the pic from u13 for example in your signature.

Echo_Trail
December 30, 2005, 12:08 am
i guess you right. It really was just a thought.
About the realistic/normal thing.. I, as well, don't think it's nescessary, but so what? it'd be great! it's not like the stars are nescessary, and neither are avatars and sigs. And favorite quotes? No one ever lived because of them. It's just fun to have around, and i think this would be as well.

Soulsnipa
December 30, 2005, 12:33 am
new logout button...prevent the pm button to pm yourself

Echo_Trail
December 30, 2005, 1:53 am
perhaps this could also be added.. The top bar, where it says "active users:(whatever number)", you should be able to click on that and see excactly who's online..

DePhille
December 30, 2005, 6:12 pm
Completely sounds like vBulletin.

I already suggested that in a PM to MM.
I fully support it.

Grtz , DePhille

Echo_Trail
December 30, 2005, 7:18 pm
what, the "Active users" thing?
and what does MM have to do with the forums?

DePhille
December 30, 2005, 9:37 pm
MM is the creator of Soldat , the goal of these forums ;)
he gets to decide the final idea.

Active users is the count of people that visited the page in the last x minutes (mostly 10)

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
December 30, 2005, 9:40 pm
poll sounds good to me...

Elephant_Hunter
December 30, 2005, 10:01 pm
A poll is a horrible idea for three reasons:

1) They almost never get anything done.
2) People Lie
3) Senseless polling ("Soldat vehicles!")

<--- This guy still has an effect on my opinion though. I think it would be good if it were only used for official occasions. Otherwise polling would lose it's taste.

Deleted User
December 31, 2005, 1:38 am
weekly poll/ every 2 weeks

no senseless polling...
if that could be done it wouldnt be bad

Echo_Trail
December 31, 2005, 5:55 pm
i agree with this man. Polling is sexy, and it would really help on all the spamming.
ppl ask q's about things, and someone answers:
Yes!
No!
I don't know!

Polloing, ofcourse, shouldn't add to the postcound, and they should be anonymeous(wow, bad spelling?)! This way ppl would tell the truth, 'cause no one would know about them anyway.. see?

Silent Soldier
January 2, 2006, 1:45 pm
One suggestion. Change the forum logo back to default.