( search forums )
Guide Website
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Guide - Information Gathering
DePhille
December 30, 2005, 9:07 pm
Guide Website
Version 0.1BETA - Last update: 30 December 2005

Important Note:

1- Do not post real suggestions in the website as long as this forum exists! it is not yet functional and is just for show atm.
Any data posted there will get lost and that's a shame.

Nevertheless, do try to post stuff in it, for the pure purpose of testing the website! but remember, everything posted there will be deleted once its released so post only for testing purposes

2- The current link is not a permanent one yet (might be, might not) so do not bookmark it yet

Table of Contents
1. General Information
2. Features
3. Updates

1. General Information
**NOTIFICATION:
The Soldat Guide website is in beta stages , these things must still be done:
-Create a logo
-Create the 'Contact' page
-Removal of the SoldatPage mentions (The script was designed for SodlatPage at first)
The goal of a beta version is to familiarize the community with the website and spot possible bugs/security holes in the website script.
You may register an account and start posting guides (They won't be deleted unless abused) .
The main goal of the beta is that the community offers suggestions and improvements , so reply here if you have any.

Soldat Guide Website is the online version of the Soldat Guide.
It started with gathering information in the Soldat Forums.
The website looks like a wiki (like Wikipedia.org) and will also work a bit like it.
The Soldat Guide works as follows:
-Users can add articles to the guide.
-Admins and/or mods approve/edit/disallow those articles.
-Only The author of the topic , the moderators and the administrators can edit an article.
-You can search the guide with a search function.
-All articles are stored under specific categories.
-The author's name will be mentioned with each article.

2. Features
- Only one image , very friendly for 56k'ers (Modem users)
- Summarized , no unnecessary chitchat about unrelated topics.
- User-friendly
- Good search function.

-More to come as we continue trough the beta stages.

3. Updates
30 December 2005 - Link released on SoldatForums

Visit Soldat Guide
URL: Http://mr.netpub.org/guide/

Grtz , DePhille

Elephant_Hunter
December 30, 2005, 9:44 pm
You might try to include functionality for FF users. Ten percent of those viewing your site will not be able to submit articles

DePhille
December 30, 2005, 10:35 pm
Strange , when I use FF it displays and works fine and all.
Why isn't it working at your side then?

Grtz , DePhille

Elephant_Hunter
December 30, 2005, 10:59 pm
Ah, apparently adblock did not like your site.

DePhille
December 30, 2005, 11:03 pm
Hmmm , there are no ads or iframes though.
Do you happen to know how it's caused?

Grtz , DePhille

Elephant_Hunter
December 31, 2005, 12:31 am
Somehow this had got into my adblock. Looks like a regular expression.

/[\W_]ad[^=&](banner|click|flow|frame|ima?ge?|log|serv(er|e)?|stream|type|view|vert(ising|isement)?|v|js|trix|xchange|wrapper)?s?[\W\d_]/

thekingkitty
January 30, 2006, 5:41 am
Now i dont know if ya guys have found a picture to put up (or i just cant see it) but i decided to use a cheesy photo editor to make the guide home picture, it aint much but eh, dont laugh at my picture please...[IMAGE]oh and i could be stealing pictures and stuff, but if its wrong then uh dont take it..

Ok
January 30, 2006, 9:16 am
Well, we appriciate the jesture :D
But our banner is going to have a theme and already has a designer (me :D).
Thanks for the effort though :)

If you really want to know, the theme is going to be a real soldier reading a book on the right side (he's going to be a soldat player that happens to be a real soldier hehe aka Bugs Revenge).
And on the left side a screenshot of soldat players running towards a holy book while asking a very n00bish question ^_^

thekingkitty
January 30, 2006, 9:17 am
thats an interesting picture your describing

FliesLikeABrick
January 30, 2006, 5:12 pm
kitty, he would also need permission from MM to use that image, since it is a modified version of the official soldat 88x31 banner image

Ok
January 30, 2006, 8:54 pm
Yea well considering it IS a soldat official guide we're making I doub't that would be a problem.
But I prefer being more original and using my new PSP skills I aquired at work ^_^

thekingkitty
March 9, 2006, 11:29 am
mmmm i just checked the new the website again, its all new looking,and uh the banner kinda looks like mine :/

FliesLikeABrick
March 9, 2006, 5:03 pm
... looks like your what, banner? If you're actually posting with a concern such as that, post a link to your site. Also... the soldat guide banner looks like many soldat-related banners, which is fine.

if you're not actually posting to complain, then don't spam this thread.

Ok
March 9, 2006, 5:42 pm
nie, its just a temp banner :)
working on a new one

DePhille
March 9, 2006, 6:31 pm
Yea , it's just some 1 minute thingy I constructed with Photoshop to replace the "Image not found image".
OK's working on the new banner for the Soldat Guide website.

What would be very intresting is that you provide some commetn about the layout and structure of the site - is it simple enough? Suggestions? ...

Grtz , DePhille

jettlarue
May 2, 2006, 11:24 pm
dephille. since i can see you are the webmaster from the site, you should change your tables over to css :). and btw make sure your not prone to sql injection anywhere. the site seems to fit good with colors but the there is something about the fonts i dont like. and btw good job so far :)