( search forums )
Punch and he´ll drop the flag?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Swebonny
December 31, 2005, 10:37 pm
Yeah how about that?

If you punch a dude in the opposite teams 2 times he will drop his flag and weapon :D

Imagine what you can do if you mod the flag to a ball or something?

CrazyKid980
January 3, 2006, 6:47 pm
Hm, Why not? It makes perfect sense to me. or at least make it a 50-50 chance of it falling out each hit.
I can imagine soldat football lol.

Swebonny
January 3, 2006, 6:59 pm
:D Exactly :D

DeLarge
January 3, 2006, 8:25 pm
That would be too easy. Punching the opponent to reduce his health and to finally die is the thing that matters.

Alamo
January 3, 2006, 8:47 pm
It's not that easy to hit someone with the fist when he's running. Try it on normal soldiers with guns. I think this is a great addition :)

bond_james_bond
January 3, 2006, 10:25 pm
nyyeeh.... It's a so-so idea

Deleted User
January 3, 2006, 11:36 pm
Im against this idea. Disagree

Chameleon
January 4, 2006, 12:22 am
i disagree, it shouldnt be on put in. not because it is stupid. but because it takes about 2-3 punches to kill someone (atleast in realistic mode)

Kaider
January 4, 2006, 1:33 am
quote:Originally posted by Chameleoni disagree, it shouldnt be on put in. not because it is stupid. but because it takes about 2-3 punches to kill someone (atleast in realistic mode)

I agree with Chameleon. Maybe if this idea was implemented in standard mode only?

And DrivenUnder, I respect your opinion but it would be nice to see a reason.

bl00dy_n0se
January 4, 2006, 1:42 am
Very good and realistiv idea, I support it :D

Deleted User
January 4, 2006, 2:09 am
Man, hell no you dont deserve a reason. Mind your buissness.

a-4-year-old
January 4, 2006, 2:33 am
lool? common, why not? in realistic you are totally screwed if you dont have a gun anyway so it really doesnt help much, its one of those "why not" ones

Echo_Trail
January 4, 2006, 11:21 am
i agree with a4yo! This would be fun., but i think it'd be forgotten over time. Running around without weapon is certain death anyway, and if you actually have to focus real hard on nailing this EFC. ´But hey, it would be fun. We'd have to dop something about the "instant return" effect though..

Swebonny
January 4, 2006, 11:37 am
how about server side option? keke

m00`
January 4, 2006, 12:15 pm
no! no more options, just implement it as part of the game, I think its great ^__^

Saint-Cross
January 4, 2006, 5:44 pm
no, don't implement this please.

Keron Cyst
January 4, 2006, 6:08 pm
If this is to be implemented the melee must be improved on. 99% (no exaggeration) of the time the enemy soldat is moving against you and when you thrust your fist/knife or flip your weapon's stock it misses and smacks air. It should be programmed so that for automatic melee (when you're carrying a projectile weapon) your soldat starts the attack prematurely so it strikes at the correct moment (but can still hit enemies who overlap your own soldat).

XenocidE
January 5, 2006, 12:47 am
I'm against the idea. Great idea and all, but once you punch the flag out of someone's hands it automatically returns. Don't get me wrong that would be kick ass, but not something that could happen.

And plus when you have the flag you're not really holding it with your hands; it's like on your back, or something like that. But if when you picked up the flag and you were holding it with your hands and then you punched the enemy. Yes, I think that they should drop the flag, but well we don't carry the flag with our hands.

karmazonpl
January 5, 2006, 1:41 am
wtf it's close to impossible to punch a moving person, and it's pretty much impossible to punch a moving person with weapon, and it's one in infinity shot of punching somebody moving, with a gun twice...

Antifate
January 8, 2006, 2:00 am
No way. *hides in bush on Viet. Waits till EFC comes. Hits efc twice. Giggles as flag is returned.*

Deleted User
January 8, 2006, 2:08 am
this will be useful... if the efc is afk -_-

- Tek -
January 8, 2006, 5:47 am
It be just as useful and as rare at bullet time.

but it would force people to try weaponless attacking.

but it would only occur as last resort, so maybe leave it out.

Deleted User
January 8, 2006, 3:46 pm
What would the point of this be, if he is shooting at you, and you were running at him without a gun, then you wouldn't be able to punch him. If he was AFK somone would obviously be guarding him. This option just makes no sense and there is no need for it at all.

Swebonny
January 8, 2006, 4:55 pm
Not your post 2.

Mr. Domino
January 11, 2006, 8:12 am
quote:Originally posted by Psychothis will be useful... if the efc is afk -_-

As opposed to just killing him with your weapon? The idea sounds neat but would be useless in practice.

Deleted User
January 11, 2006, 8:53 am
quote:Originally posted by DrivenUnderMan, hell no you dont deserve a reason. Mind your buissness.

...You have some serious social issues, DrivenUnder.

Anyways.

This topic, id say is a so-so decision as well. I wouldnt mind at all having the ability to punch the flag off a person, would make more reason to charge at the guy. Then again, in some spots being punched is unavoidable if you're a barret who missed and is in a crammed spot. Then again, thats unlikely.

I like this idea.