( search forums )
Maps
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Scrooge
January 1, 2006, 9:49 am
I think that on the screen ( in a corner or sumit ) there should be like a mini maps so you can see where everyone is and stuff. (just an idea)

DeLarge
January 1, 2006, 9:58 am
You mean to see "where everyone is" you mean a whole view on the map? Not a great idea.

nfsjunkie91
January 1, 2006, 10:02 am
the reason this isn't good? it has already been taken advantage of in the soldat hack. as a matter of fact, it may be where this guy got his idea from... it wouldn't be good at all though, the affect it would have on gameplay is bad.

Scrooge
January 1, 2006, 10:03 am
I see your points but you could make it so you could just see you team mates just so you know where they are.

Scrooge
January 1, 2006, 10:09 am
i also hav not got this idea from a hack.

DeLarge
January 1, 2006, 10:17 am
Don't double-write. Edit your second letter above and grab your second letter combined. In my first letter, I was going to say that this suggestion can be cheating.

Deleted User
January 1, 2006, 12:36 pm
I had this idea once but I didnt act upon it. It would just be annoying, and some maps are so big that some person could pop from the left corner and snipe you on the head.

Just play with non-noobs and theyll tell you were the EFC, FFC, Incoming Enemies are.

Keron Cyst
January 1, 2006, 3:55 pm
A radar? Heck no! That'd make the game -way- too easy. The whole point is to take enemies by surprise, especially if they're sniping from behind, or test your reflexes in how fast you can react to an enemy approaching you. I guess if it was some F# button to ONLY toggle a map's wireframe structure (so you can see all the parts of a map that's foreign to you) that'd be all right.

dr.ON
January 1, 2006, 9:49 pm
just a bad idea.
it'll change gameplay!

Kaider
January 2, 2006, 1:33 am
quote:Originally posted by dr.ONjust a bad idea.
it'll change gameplay!

I agree. I play realistic mode alot. I actually tried some standard, and I sucked at it. That is, I did worse than I did in realistic mode. The point is, if this was implemented then real would be ruined, because you would know where your foes are.

Scrooge
January 2, 2006, 2:00 am
I meen that you cant see enemys just your allies on themini map. I agree it would make the game way to asy if you could see your enemys.

CrazyKid980
January 2, 2006, 2:17 am
but still, I don't see a use for this, so you can see your teammates, just sounds like a waste of space.

rabidhamster
January 2, 2006, 2:36 am
delarge, it's called posting. not writing. the the term is double-post, not double-write. also, editing what you just wrote is called editing your post, not editing your letter.

i do not support this idea, as

one, it would slow down the fps rate. drawing every single little polygon in wireframe or normally, either way it would slow down soldat.
two, michal would have to invent some method to make the radar draw only the outline of polies. very difficult i assume.
three, the whole interface would have to be redone, not to mention the custom interfaces would have nowhere to place the radar, causing registered soldat copies to drop in sales, putting michal into poverty and causing him to starve and die.

so, no.

CrazyKid980
January 2, 2006, 2:51 am
Well spoken, rabidhamster.

Yuth
January 27, 2006, 10:43 pm
Nice idea, to see your teammates in a small window of the map.
Would add a bit tactic to the CTF.

Though I think rabidhamster has pointed out why this can't be implemented.

Or is he wrong ?

Nuts
January 27, 2006, 11:15 pm
I suggest that minimap would not be showed all the time.
I mean, there is places where you can open the minimap, or a new type of item, which allows to read minimap like 10 secods only (you can save seconds if you look fast in the minimap)

CrazyKid980
January 27, 2006, 11:19 pm
So your saying a temporary radar?

No Go.

Nuts
January 27, 2006, 11:32 pm
Yeah, you pic item, and you can use the "radar" (minimap) for seeing your teammates, its like in real war, where you use radio to lookup where the others are, while you make a strategy.

Quote:rabidhamster wrote:
i do not support this idea, as

one, it would slow down the fps rate. drawing every single little polygon in wireframe or normally, either way it would slow down soldat.
No, you are totally WRONG. It would not slow down. The solution is: every time when you start new game, it makes minimap in memory (takes less than one meg), and in the game, it uses that memory, and only draws scaled player locations to it. And making a minimap doesnt take even a single second.

Quote:two, michal would have to invent some method to make the radar draw only the outline of polies. very difficult i assume.
No, you are totally WRONG. As i said before, its all in the memory, and what are you talking about outlines? we dont need any outline thing. You seem to know nothing about programming.

Quote:three, the whole interface would have to be redone, not to mention the custom interfaces would have nowhere to place the radar, causing registered soldat copies to drop in sales, putting michal into poverty and causing him to starve and die.
No, you are totally WRONG. Why would that make it not possible to implement? You could have an option in your soldat where that minimap is placed. And what is the best: you dont need to use it if you dont want.

Yuth
January 27, 2006, 11:36 pm
Or what about a transparent radar ? ^^