( search forums )
Commands
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Scrooge
January 1, 2006, 10:02 am
I think it would add a bit more fun to the game if you give bots orders like defend the flag, cover me and attack the enemy base kinda thing. I tried it in quake and it works really well.

DeLarge
January 1, 2006, 10:15 am
It's more fun to give real players commands. Don't suggest small things every minute.

Keron Cyst
January 1, 2006, 3:53 pm
The way the game is programmed all you can tell bots to do is to camp where they're at, and follow you; trust me, I know the ins & outs of bots, having waypointed tons of maps...

Kaider
January 2, 2006, 1:29 am
He means in-game commands, not waypoints.

Soulsnipa
January 2, 2006, 1:30 am
quote:Originally posted by KaiderHe means in-game commands, not waypoints.

lol

Keron Cyst
January 2, 2006, 1:53 am
Through studying bot behavior via waypoints those are the only functions you can tell them to do.

CrazyKid980
January 2, 2006, 3:00 am
This sounds pretty compilcated. Like each map has to be waypointed very specifical to each command. No Go.

rabidhamster
January 2, 2006, 5:50 am
the defend the flag and cover this player features are both feasible, as both are already implemented into soldat, as well as camp here. the only problem is this: how would you attract a bot's attention? /secret? even if that problem gets solved, how would you tell them to do something? /bot_cover 4?

sorry, but this would require a lot of programming on michal's part, and would probably just create more bugs.