( search forums )
Flame God Mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
DeLarge
January 1, 2006, 11:02 am
You know, I've been wanting to ask this question. Why is the Flame God Mode powerup timed when after the counter has reached 0 you still have the ability to keep the Flamethrower? Flame God Mode, in my point of view can't be timed, should be timeless as when you pick up a bulletproof vest.

frogboy
January 1, 2006, 11:06 am
You're invincible until the counter reaches 0. Afterwards, you can keep the Flamethrower but aren't invincible.

person
January 1, 2006, 11:11 am
I think you should be able to actually throw the flame thrower away once the timer has run out. It's a hassle, especially in Rambo mode.

DeLarge
January 1, 2006, 11:14 am
Frogboy, I didn't notice it before, or did I? Anyways, thanks.

Deleted User
January 1, 2006, 12:29 pm
Being invincible for ever would just be silly, I mean it wouldn't be any challenge at all, like cheating in some game ('/godmode=on'; yeeey). The game would never change for you until you leave and come back (you'd never die). Boooring! Do you really want to live foreever, foreever?

quote:Originally posted by person
I think you should be able to actually throw the flame thrower away once the timer has run out. It's a hassle, especially in Rambo mode.

Surprise! You can!

Keron Cyst
January 1, 2006, 3:51 pm
But I also think it should stay put, not disappear. Just have it vanish like a regular weapon; what's wrong with that? So what if someone else sees it and picks it up? It's bound to disappear sooner or later, and 2+ FlameGods would be pretty interesting ;-D

_Mancer_
January 1, 2006, 6:33 pm
...Sigh.. read the damn manual people.

When you get flame god your invincible for I think 15 seconds. Once it hits 0 you still have it but you arent invincible. This means you can also switch back to your normal weapon if you want to. If you dont want it anymore, just throw it away and it will dissapear before it hits the ground. RTFM.

Cookie.
January 2, 2006, 2:27 am
I use to like it better when you could set yourself on fire with the flamethrower to kill yourself :( Except you arn't really a flame god if you can kill yourself with fire are you :P
"and 2+ FlameGods would be pretty interesting ;-D"
2 flame gods are pretty intresting :) I've had it happen when I was owning with the flame thrower... I had it so long that someone else picked up another flamer bonus!

person
January 2, 2006, 5:11 am
I can?

Whenever I press f the throwing weapon animation shows, but it, surprisingly perhaps, doesn't drop. And yes, the invincibility period has worn off at that stage.