( search forums )
ctf_ temple v. 1.1
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Orniflyer
January 1, 2006, 8:32 pm
Here it is

I have worked a long time on this map. It's probably my best work till now.

Overview:
[URL]

Download: [URL]

ctf
This Map is for 6-10 Players.
It has about 400 polys 200 scenerys and 250 waypoints with almost 300 connections
So, it has botsupport.
The size of the zip file ist almost 750kb

It was a huge work to do this map so please play, rate and comment it. And if possible host this map on your server or play a clanwar on it. It has a exellent gameflow.

The Geologist
January 1, 2006, 8:34 pm
Get a better screenshot..that one is way too tiny. Things look interesting, but until I download I have no specifics.

Orniflyer
January 1, 2006, 8:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistGet a better screenshot..that one is way too tiny. Things look interesting, but until I download I have no specifics.

Sorry, there was a problem with the link, i fixed it.

Avarax
January 1, 2006, 8:35 pm
8/10, he got my critics on german forums already.

OutofOrder
January 1, 2006, 10:10 pm
I can't download the file, i get a timeout :/ Please fix it.
Well, judging from the overview, this map is most impressive. Those statues on the sides seem to be nicely done, just like the temple, too bad i can't see it in-game. It looks like you got the themeing quite right :)
Only critic would go to shading, it seems not to respond to any light source (which wouldn't be bad if it didn't lack any shading variations throughout the same surfaces). But that's my taste :)

Scrooge
January 2, 2006, 3:03 am
I just played it. It has really good gameplay and alot of space. I liked the white squares to hide behind. Just one thing i think you should change is where you put the flags you cant really see them behind the colourd walls. But apart from thatits really good.

Deleted User
January 2, 2006, 5:20 am
great map :D
no other comments

rabidhamster
January 2, 2006, 6:43 am
not bad, but some of the surfaces could've been bumpier.

Orniflyer
January 2, 2006, 9:32 am
thx at all

well, you're right OutofOrder
The Shading isn't perfect but I didn't concentrate my work on it. As you see the most optic part are the scenerys and the shading is supporting it so it looks quite good without light effects or things like that.

@scrooge:
Which walls do you mean ?
There aren't any walls in the map. Maybe you mean the stoneblocks. Thats true but I tested the map very long and just one or two times the flag lands behind these blocks.

So please enjoy the map !
Keron Cyst is checking and maybe redoing the waypoints because my waypoints aren't really good.

grand_diablo
January 2, 2006, 10:33 am
neat gameplay, shading and texture-manipulation could be a bit better, yet that doesnt count so much.

Only one serious thing: There are sceneries missing, see:
[IMAGE]

Orniflyer
January 2, 2006, 12:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by grand_diabloneat gameplay, shading and texture-manipulation could be a bit better, yet that doesnt count so much.

Only one serious thing: There are sceneries missing, see:
[IMAGE]

That are the chain scenerys. Hmm, they have to be in the package but here it is for you and the users who didn't get it:

[URL]

grand_diablo
January 2, 2006, 12:25 pm
fine, now everything works, nice ;)

Interruptman
January 2, 2006, 5:38 pm
My English is not the best, so I'll tell you short:
The statue isn't very good, the back parts of the flagbase is some kind of cumbersome. I think it's not good that the player can hind behind most of the scenerys, including the stonesquares. And the pyramide is some kind of confusing me =)

But I also think that the map is very nice and atmospheric ;D

Deleted User
January 2, 2006, 5:48 pm
Very nice map.
I like the atmosphere scenerys and that pyramid with those stone statues are awesome.
shidin is nicely done too.

Orniflyer
January 2, 2006, 9:42 pm
Well maybe you can hide yourself behind the squares but only without the flag because this will be shown over the squares. And that's ok I think, the Squares are colliders so you have to leave your hide to shoot and thats not real camping.

btw. i fixed the download

numgun
January 3, 2006, 2:31 am
hmmm, i havent poste here yet, so...

A REGULAR POLYWORKS MAP WITH SOME SCEENERIES MISSING! YAY!!1

Orniflyer
January 3, 2006, 8:03 am
quote:

The package is fixed there arn't missing scenereries.

Could you please post a comment wich helps me more than "regular" map

The Geologist
January 3, 2006, 8:14 am
quote:Originally posted by numgunhmmm, i havent poste here yet, so...

Ugh..please. STOP POSTING. You never have anything better to say than "regular polyworks map lolorofflecakes"

It's annoying and it's useless...just save the space and say nothing.

Now, for a post that actually says something...the map plays a bit better than it looks imo. Some issues have already been mentioned by those before me, so what I have to say is relatively light. A few shading aspects could be improved upon, especially along some of the roof and above the bridge, yet I like the colors you chose to use. Satues look nifty, but end up being better eyecandy than a good functioning part of the map.

I'd recommend taking some time messing around in polyworks to experiment with good shading techniques. They can go a long way to give depth to a map like this. The layout is good for gameplay, but the overview leaves me wanting more before I download.

Keron Cyst
January 3, 2006, 8:26 pm
I'm rewypting. this upon request. I am also adding ropes to the northern bridge; that's what columns are for on a bridge of that kind.

Orniflyer
January 3, 2006, 9:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystI'm rewypting. this upon request. I am also adding ropes to the northern bridge; that's what columns are for on a bridge of that kind.

thank you very much for that

I'm sure it will be much better afterwards.

DeLarge
January 3, 2006, 10:12 pm
This map is pretty good.

Orniflyer
January 6, 2006, 7:44 pm
Almost 1 week after release I tested it on a lan with some friends !

The gameplay is like I expected.
It's a really good map.

I invested a lot of time to do this map so please download it and give it a chance.