( search forums )
CTF Barret Wars
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
January 3, 2006, 12:23 pm
ctf__barretwars
by TradeMAAK
Description: A training map for barret lovers. No colliders, no flags, no medkits and nades. The only weapon you need is barret. There is no place where you can hide, because I designed the land so in each place it is possible to get shot. It is classified as a ctf map, because it\'s played by two teams.. For additional information click here.

Overview:
[IMAGE]
http://sml.u13.net/maps/overview/barretwars.JPG.jpg

Download: Click Here

Make sure to rate my map: Click Here.

Any further comments? Click Here.

numgun
January 3, 2006, 3:27 pm
aww... screenie aint working for me ;(

otherwise: a regular polywurx map. xD

Soulsnipa
January 3, 2006, 6:40 pm
well it appears u13 is down

viggoloniggolo
January 3, 2006, 7:12 pm
Yes, it really appears that you,13,are a down

Deleted User
January 4, 2006, 8:53 am
Ok, everything is working now.

TeRRoRinFANt
January 4, 2006, 9:18 am
Nice fun map. Cute pillars and a becoming colour theme. BTW, is it some sort of an ideological message conveyed there - like the Greenpeace (left side) vs... exactly who? Joking :P

Deleted User
January 4, 2006, 1:45 pm
looks like a good map :D
but i haye it because of its reason :P

darkmatie
January 4, 2006, 3:49 pm
lol, why makin a map with for weapon nearly evryone hates :p

TeRRoRinFANt
January 4, 2006, 3:57 pm
To do exactly what it says: "train" using the said weapon. ^^ Shazzam, innit?

Raptor
January 4, 2006, 4:48 pm
I think a lot mor eshading is needed for this map... it's pretty good though

Keron Cyst
January 4, 2006, 6:32 pm
I like sniping maps like that, but they shouldn't exclude all weapons except the Barret; you can't even use the LAW on this large level!

Needs more shading. Colors are nice, tho'.

rabidhamster
January 4, 2006, 9:19 pm
i understand that the point is you have to fly a distance, but could you put a small central floating block? please? this would add interesting gameplay, as one team could "take over" the central base, causing a little king of the floating rock style gameplay.

Deleted User
January 4, 2006, 10:10 pm
No, you don't have to fly anywhere, just use the barret.

Deleted User
January 4, 2006, 10:36 pm

This is nice! Would be fun, also for pro m79 play haha. I agree that you should put a little thing in the middle.

vash763
January 4, 2006, 11:55 pm
That is EXTREMELY far, so it would either be a huge island (destroying the focus of this map), or a large amount of smaller islands (also effectivly destroying the point of this map).

My only suggestion for you guys, is make a central one with a wall that is only bullet player collides kinda thing.

Kaider
January 5, 2006, 4:04 am
I think this map would be good for a training map in spotting campers ;). I like it even if I don't use it the way it was meant to be used. But I'll be doing that anyway. You can expect my to try to convince NFS to try this map a little bit on the PC RS server ;)

Deleted User
January 5, 2006, 9:37 am
quote:Would be fun, also for pro m79 play haha.

Tha't what this map is for - http://sml.u13.net/index.php?p=mapinfo&id=64

Also, I don't get it, why do you want floating islands? If there will be those, then it will be too easy to get to the enemy and no one will use the map the way it's intended. However, if you wish, I could make something similiar with islands between and real ctf mode.