Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
derBonobo
January 4, 2006, 12:36 am
right now, there´s only the backflip... suggestions that i´ve seen:

- wall jumping (loving that one)
- double jump/thrust
- rolling to prevent falling damage

imo it would also be nice to have:

- rolling out of prone position (getting up slows down so much)
- quick stop thrust
- running up walls to backflip xD

racing maps are already pretty popular, with more trick moves they´d simply rock ^^

GluLm
January 4, 2006, 9:00 pm
These won't be done. You're wasting your time.
Get over it, pal.

Deleted User
January 4, 2006, 9:04 pm
Lol. The only thing I would agree with is the Roll out of prone position.

lithium
January 4, 2006, 10:35 pm
That would be straight wack yo.

We need backflips off walls tho.

derBonobo
January 5, 2006, 1:01 am
quote:Originally posted by GluLmThese won't be done. You're wasting your time.
Get over it, pal.

who said they won´t be done?

Soulsnipa
January 5, 2006, 1:19 am
id liek to see walljumping

CrazyKid980
January 5, 2006, 2:44 pm
wall jumping:
Awsome Idea. That would be fun, would probably help when ya get caught on a wall in realistic and die.

double jump/thrust:
Hm, I think jumping once is just fine.

rolling to prevent damage:
Logical enough, but I dunno how it'll be done though

rolling out of prone position:
I swear, you don't know how many times I've died when I get stuck switching from prone to standing up. Good Idea.

quick stop thrust:
Nah, don't need it much.

running up walls to backflip:
Why not?

Deleted User
January 5, 2006, 2:47 pm
this sounds like prince of persia... would be cool tho. but not many straight walls in any maps, so I dont know

Deleted User
January 5, 2006, 3:25 pm
No wall jumping, let's not mess other games into soldat :(
I am for that roll out of prone tough.

Deleted User
January 5, 2006, 4:23 pm
All of those are [CENSORED] ideas and NOT Soldat... Go play matrix online or Gunz.

Deleted User
January 5, 2006, 5:26 pm
Rolling out of prone is the only thing worth even making a whisper about.

Other than that, don't even think about holding your breathe, cause it won't happen.

Keron Cyst
January 5, 2006, 6:15 pm
Rolling out of prone is physically impossible and it's your fault, camper, for proning in the first place. You're taking the scope risk so deal with the realistic time of getting up or don't lie on your chest at all.

The one I think is nice is rolling upon a high fall to prevent much fall damage in Realistic Mode. Walljumping and running up walls doesn't work in the game; how many levels have 90º polygons? Virtually none, if even "virtually."

Echo_Trail
January 5, 2006, 9:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by derBonobo

- rolling to prevent damage

- rolling out of prone position (getting up slows down so much)

This, as suggested many times before, should be done as soon as possible!

Koon
January 6, 2006, 2:48 am
rolling out of prone is the only good suggestion. Wall jumping is kind of pointless when you can use the jetpack to go up faster.

SPARTAN_III
January 6, 2006, 10:19 am
we already have rolling, don't we? run and crouch.

CrazyKid980
January 6, 2006, 12:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIwe already have rolling, don't we? run and crouch.

But the suggestion is ROLL out of proning position a.k.a, lying down.

Echo_Trail
January 6, 2006, 2:19 pm
no, the suggestion is to roll to prevent damagae when somebody's shooting at you.
read before answering plz

Keron Cyst
January 6, 2006, 6:23 pm
Did you even read my post?

"it's your fault, camper, for proning in the first place. You're taking the scope risk so deal with the realistic time of getting up or don't lie on your chest at all."

Norris Scott
January 6, 2006, 6:35 pm
But just because he's proning doesn't mean he's camping. I've proned to dodge barret shots before, and get nailed while trying to stand by someone charging up behind me.

I'd like to roll through a prone back up and be able to turn and return fire fast enough to have a hope of survival, ya' know? :P

System_Decay
January 6, 2006, 9:06 pm
Go play N and add guns :)

Chameleon
January 6, 2006, 11:59 pm
here is what i have to say about these
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
rolling out of prone position

quote:Originally posted by Echo_Trailno, the suggestion is to roll to prevent damagae when somebody's shooting at you.
read before answering plz
prevent damage when someone is shooting at you???

wtf does that mean. if someone is shooting at you, rolling wont stop the bullets from hurting you. or the bullets wont do less damage if you are rolling

unless you ment "roll to DODGE when someone is shooting at you"

then that would make a BIT more sense. but in anycase, if thats what you ment. do you think it really is pysicly possible to roll into stand-up position from lying down?

get on the ground, lie down on your stomach right now, and try to roll (do a summersault) and then stand up afterwards.

ITS PYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE

another thing. in the first post, you wrote "getting up slows down too much"
if you were prone, i doubt you were running before, so how can you slow down, when you werent even moving?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
rolling to prevent damage

people actually do do that. and it is pysically possible. it wouldnt prevent all damage, but it would prevent a fraction of it. i dont know what how much it would prevent. and i agree, it could be implemented into soldat.
wall jumping/running up walls to backflip

you already sortof can do that, just not very well. yes it would be a good move for race maps, but what other uses would you need it for? and by wall jumping, do you mean like super mario 64 style? because that would be pretty stupid if that was implemented. all i can see these uses for are pretty pointless. so i say no
double jump

jump up in the air, and try and jump again....while you are in mid-air. point proven. one jump is good enough
quick stop thrust

what exactly does that mean? running, and then stopping all of a sudden?
because, if thats it. you can already do that. hold D (default for running right) and repeatedly press w (jump). so you start to run. then to stop. let go of D, and you stop. ever try that?

thats all i have to say about those, only one that i like, is the rolling to prevent damage

derBonobo
January 7, 2006, 1:15 am
quote:prevent damage when someone is shooting at you???

wtf does that mean. if someone is shooting at you, rolling wont stop the bullets from hurting you. or the bullets wont do less damage if you are rolling

unless you ment "roll to DODGE when someone is shooting at you"

then that would make a BIT more sense. but in anycase, if thats what you ment. do you think it really is pysicly possible to roll into stand-up position from lying down?

get on the ground, lie down on your stomach right now, and try to roll (do a summersault) and then stand up afterwards.

ITS PYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE

another thing. in the first post, you wrote "getting up slows down too much"
if you were prone, i doubt you were running before, so how can you slow down, when you werent even moving?
rolling to prevent damage

people actually do do that. and it is pysically possible. it wouldnt prevent all damage, but it would prevent a fraction of it. i dont know what how much it would prevent. and i agree, it could be implemented into soldat.
wall jumping/running up walls to backflip

you already sortof can do that, just not very well. yes it would be a good move for race maps, but what other uses would you need it for? and by wall jumping, do you mean like super mario 64 style? because that would be pretty stupid if that was implemented. all i can see these uses for are pretty pointless. so i say no
double jump

jump up in the air, and try and jump again....while you are in mid-air. point proven. one jump is good enough
quick stop thrust

what exactly does that mean? running, and then stopping all of a sudden?
because, if thats it. you can already do that. hold D (default for running right) and repeatedly press w (jump). so you start to run. then to stop. let go of D, and you stop. ever try that?

thats all i have to say about those, only one that i like, is the rolling to prevent damage

damn i´m bored right now.

a-4-year-old
January 8, 2006, 2:12 am
for the "quick stop thrust" you are skipping when you hold d and press w repedadly (massacared the english language with one word)

NOW ALL WE NEED IS WATER AND VEIKILLZ AND WATERVEIKILLZ AND THEN WE BE ALL LIKE ZOMG PAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THEN WE ALL STOP TYPING IN CAPS and spell things correctly and use proper grammer.

toss this into the sea of retarded ideas (yeah i did this one b4)

VEIKILLZ: hi welcome new member, we here are the stupid ideas that are so retarded, even the forums dont want us!
UBERJUMPS: 0_0
WATER: dont worry guys there is hope.
ADDNEWEAPONS:yeah, knifechargeuptime was in here like a week, and MM used him
VEIKILLZ: yeah but that guy totally messed up soldat,
ADDNEWEAPONS:no that was the barretcharguptime
UBERJUMPS: but now there are no barretards...
ADDNEWEAPONS:exactly, the rest of the guns are totally overused :/
WATER: do you hear something?
UBERJUMPS:what is that sound?
WATER:again!
UBERJUMPS: what? what? TELL ME!
ADDNEWEAPONS:somebody suddgested gravity again.
WATER: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

what will happen next? find out, unless this topic is locked for being so retarded!

vash763
January 8, 2006, 3:00 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystRolling out of prone is physically impossible and it's your fault, camper, for proning in the first place. You're taking the scope risk so deal with the realistic time of getting up or don't lie on your chest at all.

The one I think is nice is rolling upon a high fall to prevent much fall damage in Realistic Mode. Walljumping and running up walls doesn't work in the game; how many levels have 90º polygons? Virtually none, if even "virtually."

If you're worming.

Agreed, shouldn't prevent all, and should be completely useless at anything above like 3 times the hieght you recieve damage at now.

Agreed.

Kaider
January 8, 2006, 5:47 am
The only thing I can really agree with here would be rolling to prevent fall damage, but that would be hard to implement on MM's part.

numgun
January 8, 2006, 7:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by Sgt. BeaverNo wall jumping, let's not mess other games into soldat :(

didnt it say on the soldat.pl that ''soldat takes the best from games like: liero, cs, quake...''?

3rd_account
January 9, 2006, 4:57 am
If Batman can jump on walls so should soldiers.

But then again... Batman is beyond any other mortal.

Whisp
January 11, 2006, 3:46 am
the rolling to avoid damages is a sweet idea. backflips of walls, would be, interesting, but other tahtn that im thinking there isnt a chance

Deleted User
January 11, 2006, 4:21 am
Ahh, I like some of your ideas, everything else however no. Your suggestions are basicly suggesting to have soldat turned into a soon to be 2d version of guns with running up walls and backflipping off of them and yada yada yada....however....

- Rolling to prevent damage has been suggested before, and its a good idea.

- As for the thrust, if you meant an instant outburst of all your fuel from your jets, I totally love the idea. IMO however, it should use up every drop of fuel, launch you extremely fast and far however, and disable your jets for about 5 seconds. The only problem I see with this is some serious m79 jumping and an easy way to get to the flag and out in ctf. Itd be a cool 1v1 feature however.

- Rolling out of prone position ~ suggested before, and I like it. Quick easy way to get out and increases maneuverability, (However the hell thats spelled).

@ Chameleon

This game isnt realistic, stop comparing his ideas to what is and isnt realisticly possible. I dont think people can really take 4 desert eagle shots to the head and survive, or backflip 6 ft off the ground into midair.

Chameleon
January 15, 2006, 6:10 pm
i know that the game isnt a whole lot realistic. but it is still somewhat realistic. and being able to roll out of prone shouldnt be enabled. if it was enabled, it would just make the game worse, in a way.just rolling out of a prone position...its not pysically possible, skeletons dont bend that way. and neither should a soldat. the backflips and the jets arent denieing the way the body bends, just denieing realism for present times (mainly the jets)
as for taking 4 desert eagle shots to the head.....it takes 2 to kill you (atleast in realistic mode)

Deleted User
January 15, 2006, 8:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by GluLmThese won't be done. You're wasting your time.
Get over it, pal.

Why are you so negitive. If you haven't noticed it's the suggestions forum pal. So YOU better get used to people making suggestions that you may not like, so stop making these pointless comments.

I like the roll to prevent falling damage. Reminds me of zelda :)

sorry this is posted so late

CrazyEye
January 15, 2006, 8:48 pm
It would be cool if you could have soldat in 2 different movement modes--one kinda of ninja/PoPersia style movement, and the simple jump and boost. How would you roll of of prone in real life...Im scared to try because im sure any normal bipedal being would break its neck.

Harwin
January 15, 2006, 9:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by derBonoboquote:Originally posted by GluLmThese won't be done. You're wasting your time.
Get over it, pal.

who said they won´t be done?

GluLm.

:P