( search forums )
SML Multi-Texture Tutorial
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
Soulsnipa
January 4, 2006, 9:56 am
Hopefully this is more user friendly than any others. If you have any suggestions on how else I can do it so you understand let me know.

http://sml.u13.net/tutorial/index.php?p=polygons&b=multi&page=1

More of the final version:
[IMAGE]

Ingame Shot:
[IMAGE]

Other Examples:
Tropical Island:
Texture:
[IMAGE]

Overview:
[IMAGE]

Castle Arena:
Texture:
[IMAGE]

Overview:
[IMAGE]

Laos Remix:
Screenshot:
[IMAGE]

The Geologist
January 4, 2006, 10:40 am
This is great! With the new version of Polyworks I assume? I have only one qualm with the tutorial. In the final pic some of polys are split, yet they are split facing down. Perhaps there is a way to change that so the map maker to be can shift the landscape to be around a bit more? Otherwise this tutorial includes some very good help for making a solid multi texture map. Rock on man.

Soulsnipa
January 4, 2006, 11:31 am
Well i found splitting the polygons that way the best way to smooth the transition of the textures. However you can stretch the texture to create the same effect however you will run into some errors. I'm not exactly sure what you are saying, however give me a few seconds and Ill actually work on that final picture and make it somehting like i would use in a map.

vash763
January 4, 2006, 12:55 pm
Very nice, this should help a lot.
I was going to try multi texture and some stretching on my follow-up to inf_annex, but I was a little intimidated.
Thanks again man, helped out a lot.

vash763
January 4, 2006, 11:52 pm
Wow, just wow. Crazyness on the Castle