( search forums )
ctf_buriedgold [fixed water]
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
SERIAL KILLeR
January 4, 2006, 8:49 pm
ctf_buriedgold
by Soulsnipa, Serial killer(sceneries) & Norris Scott(concept)

Map of the CTF_BuriedTreasure concept.

Description: Reverse CTF. On the side the reds parachute down on, the blue flag lies within the depths of the ocean, where a sunken ship lies. On the opposite side with the blues, the opposite end of the ship holds the red flag.
In the middle of the map is the beach, centered right over said ship.. For additional information click here.

Overview:
[IMAGE]
http://sml.u13.net/maps/overview/buriedgold.jpg

Download: Click Here

Make sure to rate my map: Click Here

Any further comments? Click Here

Post "automated" by SML
--Please visit SML for more maps/resources/tutorials: http://sml.u13.net

Here the original concept :
[IMAGE]

It doesn't have any waypoints yet, so it would be great if someone could make them!

rabidhamster
January 4, 2006, 8:59 pm
isn't the island kinda sunk down in the final version? looks like a storm just hit.

Deleted User
January 4, 2006, 9:05 pm
that looks pretty cool! It should have like no jet, or minimum so people dont start fighting up in the clouds.

KeFear
January 4, 2006, 9:05 pm
Nice clouds and nice sun! png is real good :)

Deleted User
January 4, 2006, 9:10 pm
Very nice map. I like the sun and the sea.
Very nice submarine but I guess u could give there more stuff. I mean the submerine.

SERIAL KILLeR
January 4, 2006, 9:11 pm
it's high tide :/

[Edit]
fixed the water.

Soulsnipa
January 4, 2006, 10:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by SERIAL KILLeRit's high tide :/

LOL

damnnation
January 4, 2006, 10:41 pm
OMG SK IS BACK!!!
nice map also

Deleted User
January 4, 2006, 10:44 pm
The scenerys look nice, the only thing that bugs me is,
that you can barely see the bullets underwater, if you could possibly change the color?

The gameplay is good and non-linear which is nice.

person
January 5, 2006, 6:48 am
Looks really nice and all. I was just thinking that if that's a sunken ship, there could possibly be more scenery there to make it more interesting, just from looking at the overview anyway.

Either way it looks quite nice.

Deleted User
January 5, 2006, 9:40 am
Looks good, but I don't quite like the underwater world thing. As I said, SoulSnipa, could you please make this kind of map with a tall island, where on one side is a tribal camp with wooden buildings like for trolls in WoW and in one building there is a flag. And on the other side, there is a ship with a flag where alpha starts. Inflitration mission.

DeLarge
January 5, 2006, 10:44 am
I will create the waypoints for this map.

Soulsnipa
January 5, 2006, 10:56 am
delarge while ur at it place some grenades and medkits and stuff lol serial forgot that.

Michal
January 5, 2006, 4:35 pm
Looks very good, I like how it gets dark and murky near the bottom.
I wish we could have real water in soldat :<

OutofOrder
January 5, 2006, 7:44 pm
If this was about getting as realistic as possible, i'd say that light doesn't go through water so deep and stays that bright :P But it's not about it.
I really like this map, when i saw the overview, i remembered the sketch by norris scott, and thought you had cut+paste his drawing into a scenery to make the island. The looks are amazing. And i think you did right about the ship's (submarine? xD) inside: making the layout quite direct, since it's a reverse ctf. Otherwise, the original layout would have been too complex.
Now i hope to find this map on some public server :)

Norris Scott
January 5, 2006, 8:39 pm
I'm seriously in love with this... you guys took my idea and did so much more then what I expected.

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier, my keyboard [CENSORED]ted out on me on AIM (to SoulSnipa)

But yes, seriously, this is just above and beyond what I expected. I can't thank you guys enough :D

Maybe I should start making more map ideas for you guys? I have a great idea for a remix to the CTF_Run map :)

Deleted User
January 5, 2006, 11:20 pm
map is awesome! I like how you spawn ower the enemy flag.. but wont it make it hard to get the flag to base when enemies spawn there?