( search forums )
Nfs' Weapons Store
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
nfsjunkie91
January 5, 2006, 3:47 am
Decided to turn this thread into a thread for all the weapons i draw. woohoo next addition.

A summary of my Weapons - Now includes weapons-gfx!! ^^,

[IMAGE]
Gewehr 43
Update: Fixed Outline

[IMAGE]
R-900
First gun i made for soldat that i made entirely in paint. loosely based on the Remington 1100. hope you like it. Updated with a bit more shading.

[IMAGE] M1 Carbine - Yay made this cause semagae wanted me to. para-trooper version with folding buttstock.

[IMAGE] M0 - still needs some work IMO.

Silent Soldier
January 5, 2006, 6:12 am
Actually, if this is your first one, it's brilliant. Oh, btw, [ url="link"]Without the space[/url]

Ebby
January 5, 2006, 6:37 am
[URL]
Just thought I'd help out >.>

Based on your work, that looks really good. I'm sure if you kept at it you'd only improve. ^^

Soulsnipa
January 5, 2006, 6:43 am
lol i thought u made the zip file for him ebby, turns out u were helping with link doh.

Alamo
January 5, 2006, 10:04 am
mh... Can't see a picture :)
Try imageshack.us or photobucket.com to upload your images :)

nfsjunkie91
January 5, 2006, 8:04 pm
fixed the link, and thanks for all your comments! It took me about 20-30 minutes to make the entire thing (weapons-gfx too). IO also used a little bit of photoshop for shading, but it is still completely original art. and if u want to, you can download the pic i have there and replace the one included in the zip with the picture, because the one included with the mod has a background behind it. once again, thanks for all the comments. :D

Zero72
January 5, 2006, 8:13 pm
It looks a little dark to me, so I can't see a lot of detail, but it does look quite nice, especially for a first attempt. Nice job.

GAMEOVER
January 5, 2006, 8:59 pm
Thats a nice weapon, not my style but really nice for your 1st love the coloring.

Deleted User
January 5, 2006, 9:17 pm
Omfg! Very nice for a 1st try!
Actualy I'm lovin it. A lil more shading and u got 7\10 from me.
With shading 9.5\10 I can imagine it with shading.
Try more and more. This community need more talented modders like u.

LUNATIC COW
January 8, 2006, 1:57 am
The stripe thing is kind of neat. Interesting to say the least.

Deleted User
January 9, 2006, 3:22 am
Kill the ammunition in the corner.

And actually I really like the Gewehr, it looks very cute.

LUNATIC COW
January 9, 2006, 3:35 am
The Gewehr... I don't like it at all.

SPARTAN_III
January 9, 2006, 5:36 am
niether do I...it looks kind of chunky.

darkmatie
January 9, 2006, 5:37 pm
the gewehr looks tooooo squary, and the next one is just (another) remake of the first one,not that my first mod was that perfect, but my guns were not all remakes and had nice shapes :p

Keron Cyst
January 10, 2006, 6:55 pm
Following Dairy, eh? (as in a thread-chain of constantly updating images)

You should render the background of that second gun transparent! The dark color prevents us from seeing it in its full glory ;-P

IMO the R-900 is the best and the Gewehr 43 is the worst out of that 4. My standing (sorry if it sounds harsher than intended):
-> no shading whatsoever. It looks you merely paintbucketed 'em a color and just threw 'em at us that way xP Sure, stick with the same Hue and Sat. stats., but toy around with Lumination (I go by HSL, not RGB, if you're confused).
-> You could also put in extra parts on them, like maybe put a small rectangle or three inside the M1 of a much darker Lum. than the norm. (since the actual weapon is 3D, and the shadows when you look at the literal weapon show parts jutting out from others in its side view), etc.
-> Form. I don't like how the M1's barrel shrinks as it reaches the end. And compare the weapons-gfx of the Gewehr to the interface; that barrel is long compared to the li'l stub sticking out of its interface graphic (I mean, count the pixels and translate the proportion to int.; the barrel in that weapons-gfx is almost as long as the body itself).

Still, nice. Better than my first, heck... xD

Deleted User
January 10, 2006, 9:26 pm
the R-900 is the best, but cant almost see it because of the dark background.. the gewehr looks FAT and the little gun just wierd. the carbine looks like a wooden gun at the front.

yay