( search forums )
Claymores
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
KiKAzz
January 5, 2006, 4:39 am
Pretty they are like remote mines. They would replace the nades with probally 3-5 claymores and replacing the secondary with a detonator. They would place the mine on the ground and clicked with the detonator, it would explode, enough to kill them maybe or just to severly injury them. Although that will probally make more people camp. Also these clymores should either be like a nade box or a bouns like flame god and such.

All I have to say... :/

Deleted User
January 9, 2006, 12:03 pm
Lets put a bunch of them on the flag so that when someone tries to get them theyll go KABOOM D:!

CrazyKid980
January 9, 2006, 12:27 pm
I dunno, it might be overused and make spawn campers have safe distance to, well, spawn kill.

Drink Bloody Water
January 9, 2006, 3:14 pm
Maybe there is a certain limit of time u can do be4 the Claymore blows up! there should be pressure mines in Soldat

CrazyKid980
January 9, 2006, 4:05 pm
Claymores aren't timed or denonated, they are triggered right at the second of movement in their range.

Deleted User
January 9, 2006, 5:17 pm
Claymores can be detonated with a remote charge, but this is just the same as the mine idea, so it probably wouldn't work out.

Deleted User
January 9, 2006, 5:42 pm
I dont like the idea. think of all the whining and "omg clay noob"

CrazyKid980
January 9, 2006, 8:06 pm
Exactlly Psycho, there's too many ways the claymore can make people complain about it.

tRaQs
January 9, 2006, 8:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by DrivenUnderLets put a bunch of them on the flag so that when someone tries to get them theyll go KABOOM D:!

Exactly, it's a pretty idea to think of, but the abuse of it would be chaotic. Sadly it's unplausable.

Raptor
January 10, 2006, 1:48 am
This reminds me of 007 for N64 where you could use proximity, time and remote mines =)

Deleted User
January 10, 2006, 2:27 am
Proximity mines in the Archives is a barrel of monkeys.

Proximity mines in ctf_Equinox is a barrel of rusty razor blades.

...I rest my case.

EDIT: Felt like sharing that when I first saw this topic I thought it was about claymore swords, and not mines :P

Whisp
January 11, 2006, 3:44 am
i like the idea, but instead of a remote detenator, it should be like proxyes or have a trip line, but i have time limit for how long the mine can be there

Deleted User
January 11, 2006, 3:58 am
It may sound fun, but imagine the ground and being littered with them, even if it had a time limit. It would probably cause a big drop in someones fps.

Norris Scott
January 11, 2006, 4:14 am
Since you CAN carry several nades, but probably can't carry too many mines (aren't they pretty large? I think so anyway, larger then a nade anyway) I'd say each person only gets maybe one or two to have, and they need to find the pack to even get them.

Then, when placed on the ground, they stay in the same spot for 1 minute's time before remote detonating. If a person steps on it, it has the same effect as stepping on a grenade-- it explodes. Chances are a lagger won't get killed by it, it should actually only have the same power as a nade exploding under your feet in-game.

That way it's not over-powerful, and only used by tactial players, desperate runaways, or clueless newbies.

Antifate
January 12, 2006, 12:14 am
Then it would be insanely unfair. Sorry Kik, but seriously, I mean someone could just litter the spawn points with them and keep on detonating them, while cackling madly. That someone would most likely be me.

Deleted User
January 12, 2006, 12:48 am
i think it should be implemented but it should be a pickup like the flame god and once pickued up it only comes with one or two, and it should be proximity not remote detonated, because stepping on them would just be cooler (placgine mines behind scenary hehehe this would really own if it was implemented the way i said i think)

Zegovia
January 12, 2006, 1:24 pm
The claymore is designed to send a directioned blast, itll blow up when you get in front of it, not if you are behind it (IOW: "directioned Proximity"....blargh!). it does not just explode, it also sends sharp deadly clusters at ya!

How about you can aproach claymores safeley by proning against em? like in Mgs, Stealing them and deliver em back to its rightful owner.... :D

CrapBomba
January 17, 2006, 11:39 pm
They have this on Wolfenstien: Enemy Territory and it works pretty well. Never over used, never to annoying, just you being dumb and not noticing the guy with the detonator/ the clamore/ not flying everywhere... But ya can't fly in wolfenstien so that's just what I'm guessing this'll lead to... I kind of like it. But I think the detonator should be a primary weapon, and when you switch to it, you're nades are replaced by the mines. This way people will be forced to use there secondaries, which balances stuff and makes useful mostly for strategic purposes on CTF.

KiKAzz
January 20, 2006, 6:08 am
Well saying that it's a special box that you pick up might lower the level of claymores around. And only getting 3 won't really cause spam of it, but then again, Their just going to put it on the flag and spwn points... :/

Zegovia
January 20, 2006, 8:44 am
quote:Originally posted by KiKAzzWell saying that it's a special box that you pick up might lower the level of claymores around. And only getting 3 won't really cause spam of it, but then again, Their just going to put it on the flag and spwn points... :/

Aw heck no! you put em close to any random health pack for a nasty suprise... ;)

Also another thing that could be made with it, its that it can harm teammates... So youll have to talk to the team where you put it...

bolhy
January 20, 2006, 8:57 am
UU nuce idea i agree with zegovia bout this close to
teh medkits