( search forums )
Weapon Limits/team
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Shivorken
January 5, 2006, 4:52 am
As my topic suggests, there should be only a certain number of people per team allowd to use a certain weapon.

Eg. 1 m79 and barret person only per team
2 minimi people per team

This should be able to be changed according to the likes of the admin.

In game, there will be a number besides each weapon in the wep menu screen to show how many position are left for the weapon. Secondary weapons should be infinite/not need this implemented.

It will definantly be a logical way to solve the problem of overused weapons in soldat.

(barret should be changed back as it was before if this is implemented)

Shivorken

CrazyKid980
January 5, 2006, 6:03 am
I dunno, even though I hate it everyone uses one weapon, namingly, the M79, it'll be tough on the people who love them. But then again, it helps them experince a bigger varitey of guns.

Keron Cyst
January 9, 2006, 12:34 am
quote:Originally posted by CrazyKid980I dunno... it'll be tough on the people who love [one weapon]...

That's why it's an admin option. I don't suspect every single server will use the function. Full support from me.

rabidhamster
January 9, 2006, 12:41 am
i'm with keron on this one. i wouldn't mind it, as long as admins don't overuse it, such as limit a team to only one m79 or something of the sort.

Deleted User
January 9, 2006, 12:57 am
sure why not... I wouldnt implement it on my server tho.

Augustus
January 9, 2006, 1:00 am
I think this is a great idea, if, as with all options, it's used in moderation. Perhaps it should me a map property, so maps with lots of tunnels can only have 1 M82A1, 2 Rugers, etc. That would open up some interesting possibilities for map scenarios. For example, a 5-man reconnaisance squad (1 Barret, 2 AK-74s, 1 FN Minimi, 1 M79) encounters a well placed guerilla ambush (1 Ruger, 2 HK-MP5s, 1 pair of Desert Eagles, and 1 Spas-12). Giving one side an advantage in weapons can be offset by their spawns and the position of their objective. Anyway, that's just my particular idea. Also, should it affect both primaries and secondaries, or just primaries?

a-4-year-old
January 9, 2006, 8:51 pm
ZOMG i totally posted something like this b4, but it was random weps.

*supports*
yay, force those bloody twits who only are good with one gun to get good
but you should be able to reserve it so when you die you get it one more time before someone else can get it. so there is no ZOMG YOU STOLE MY AK! *teamkills* gimmy! *takes bloody ak out of corpse* LOL

John O
January 9, 2006, 9:28 pm
if the weapons are actually balanced, this isnt needed. play realistic.

EmperorofChoas
January 11, 2006, 12:02 am
i support this but their is one big problem.....When u die the soldat drops his weapon & someone comes by and picks it up and uses it.....does that count against the limit???....and if not that's what people will start doin to get around this.....and i agreee with a-4-year-old the gun should be reserved....

Shivorken
January 12, 2006, 2:39 am
quote:Originally posted by EmperorofChoasi support this but their is one big problem.....When u die the soldat drops his weapon & someone comes by and picks it up and uses it.....does that count against the limit???

well ... if that happens, then lucky them. If they die, they will drop it and if no one picks it up, it will dissapear after a short time.

EmperorofChoas
January 12, 2006, 9:13 pm
then that would totally blow......then there would be no point of suggusting this...........and u still didn't answer the question DOES IT COUNT AGAINST THE LIMIT???......

CrazyKid980
January 12, 2006, 9:48 pm
They die, they lose there slot for holding that wep, so boo hoo to them, and ha ha for the guy who picked it up

Shivorken
January 13, 2006, 6:31 am
quote:Originally posted by EmperorofChoasDOES IT COUNT AGAINST THE LIMIT???......

no it wouldn't, they pick up a weapon, lucky them ... simple as that

if u die, u select a new/same weapon

quote:Originally posted by CrazyKid980They die, they lose there slot for holding that wep, so boo hoo to them, and ha ha for the guy who picked it up

Pretty much sums it up

Zegovia
January 13, 2006, 8:53 am
(still is) A nifty idea.....i say! ^^

moep
January 13, 2006, 1:50 pm
quote: then that would totally blow......then there would be no point of suggusting this...........and u still didn't answer the question DOES IT COUNT AGAINST THE LIMIT???
Nobody complained about that when the "Advanced Mode" was introduced :/

person
January 13, 2006, 3:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by moepquote: then that would totally blow......then there would be no point of suggusting this...........and u still didn't answer the question DOES IT COUNT AGAINST THE LIMIT???
Nobody complained about that when the "Advanced Mode" was introduced :/

That's because it wasn't something that affected how they played the game... what I mean by that is; is that that mode of play is used once every blue moon.

John O
January 13, 2006, 3:47 pm
advance mode is used even less than once every ble moon. and it does effect how you play in advance mode. killing someone wiht the ussoccom and stealing a Ak-74 is a thing you should try to do, not something that is passed up. advance mode fixes everything that the author has a problem with.

person
January 13, 2006, 4:48 pm
If no one uses it, how does it affect their play? I know that when you do play it, it changes how you play, but like the old question: if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound? The answer depends on other factors. I shouldn't have to point that out.

John O
January 13, 2006, 6:34 pm
its an example. advance mode already fixes the complaints of the p[oster. why should another mode be added that likewise wont be played?

person
January 13, 2006, 7:44 pm
*sigh*

This idea isn't a mode, it's a server side option. Most servers would end up using it, just as they completely remove certain weapons from being selected currently. In some ways it could be better, in other ways it could be worse. Overly restrictive measures would suck really badly imo. That's why I am against this. I don't want to abide by someone else's opinion on what works the best... some weapons are good for some maps, and if they're being taken up that would be just annoying. I've never complained about there being too many of one weapon before, other than the 1-hit-kill weapons. I couldn't care less if everyone used an ak or shotgun, etc. This is an overly drastic step to take, just for the overuse of a single weapon (m79).

I don't see anyone else saying there are too many steyr's or barret's or deagles these days. The m79 has too many situations for which it is useful in. Even in 1.3 I thought it was worse than the barret, though I didn't have a problem with it at all in 1.2/.1. It's just recently that it has been the case that the m79er has to actually miss you in order to kill them.
Though most of the time they just run away and attack while under cover. It's a cheap weapon that's hard to counter, and that's all there is to it.

I think that m79 shells should not ricochet (ie: actually explode on impact), and the range be shortened back to what it was in 1.2/etc.
I'd say that rockets probably shouldn't ricochet either, but it's a balance problem, not a realistic one. They're fine as they are.

Shivorken
January 14, 2006, 12:21 am
quote:Originally posted by person*sigh*

This idea isn't a mode, it's a server side option. Most servers would end up using it, just as they completely remove certain weapons from being selected currently. In some ways it could be better, in other ways it could be worse. Overly restrictive measures would suck really badly imo. That's why I am against this. I don't want to abide by someone else's opinion on what works the best... some weapons are good for some maps, and if they're being taken up that would be just annoying. I've never complained about there being too many of one weapon before, other than the 1-hit-kill weapons. I couldn't care less if everyone used an ak or shotgun, etc. This is an overly drastic step to take, just for the overuse of a single weapon (m79).

I don't see anyone else saying there are too many steyr's or barret's or deagles these days. The m79 has too many situations for which it is useful in. Even in 1.3 I thought it was worse than the barret, though I didn't have a problem with it at all in 1.2/.1. It's just recently that it has been the case that the m79er has to actually miss you in order to kill them.
Though most of the time they just run away and attack while under cover. It's a cheap weapon that's hard to counter, and that's all there is to it.

I think that m79 shells should not ricochet (ie: actually explode on impact), and the range be shortened back to what it was in 1.2/etc.
I'd say that rockets probably shouldn't ricochet either, but it's a balance problem, not a realistic one. They're fine as they are.

Then just put limitations to the overused/annoying weapons.

person
January 14, 2006, 3:05 am
It's not up to me, is it? Rather the admin.

Deleted User
January 14, 2006, 5:39 am
I totally agree, I tried to post this a while ago combined with a med pack idea.

The mod lied cause appairently it hasn't been done untill now=/

but this idea is the best idea to hit the game