( search forums )
Official Map Remakes
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Soulsnipa
January 5, 2006, 9:38 am
Well I know it has been mentioned a lot. I especially remember papasurf saying something about it. Well I went ahead and started creating laos. If people like it I may make one or two more, but perhaps some more mappers would like to take part in the project and contribute. Just seeing what this sparks. If there is no interest I will just scrap the project however I think it was a good idea and I'm making this post to get it started.

Deathmatch:
Arena- (Keron)
Bridge - (Keron)

Capture The Flag:
Ctf_Laos- http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=30763
Ctf_Kampf- (Smurf/myself)
Ctf_Viet- (G_D)

Infiltration:
Inf_Outpost- (Keron)

I know that so far kampf has been remade two times in the near past. Once by me and once by papasurf, so either of those can be used in this project.

Soulsnipa
January 5, 2006, 9:40 am
Here is a screenshot of ctf_loas. Any future posts about the production of laos will be in this post.

[IMAGE]

So far its going to have the same design but I am addign a multitexture design and shading.

Deleted User
January 5, 2006, 3:19 pm
Nice of you to keep the layout, but if you could possibly change the rocky tex?

Keron Cyst
January 5, 2006, 6:45 pm
@Soulsnipa: your stretching is too radical on the bottom level of that screenie; the polygons look weird to me.

I get DM Arena, Bridge, and inf_Outpost. I might come up with others later, but these will only be minor changes as compared to a complete texture revamp.

I already changed Bunker to 2.1 from its old 2.0 in 1.3.1 (yes, the icy roof and polygon-stretching in the top corners are by meh :-P).

EDIT BTW, that's a very misleading title name. I think you should change it to "Official Maps: Remakes" or something similar.

rabidhamster
January 6, 2006, 1:11 am
looks like we've lost soulsnipa to the world of multi-texturing.

i wonder how big his texture folder is...

Soulsnipa
January 6, 2006, 1:15 am
It is fun...btw why arent on aim anymore and wheres my banner. (Directed to RabidHamster)

Keron Cyst
January 6, 2006, 1:38 am
AIM windows flash when IMs are received, and recently my parents have taken to really not liking me on the comp. (with IRC everyone's dead anyways and it doesn't flash so I can check only occasionally) ;-D

What banner? Shouldn't this all be handled via PM?

grand_diablo
January 7, 2006, 12:36 pm
I think I could give ctf_Viet a shot

papasurf31
January 7, 2006, 2:32 pm
I'm doing a kampf remake also.